Anyone tried Gen2 of the Aux iPod adapter? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Cool Anyone tried Gen2 of the Aux iPod adapter?

I am SO tired of getting "bad disc" when pressing MP3 CDs, I'm ready to try an iPod adapter. This one's new, it has more features than the one someone here did the "Idiot's Guide" on last year. Here's a link to it:
http://www.autotoys.com/x/cust/produ...productid=8420
Anyway, if anyone has it I have a few questions.

It is supposed to allow you to use your FF, rewind, next track, etc. stereo buttons to control the iPod. But does it have enough control to select a new playlist and go back to the menu? If that works, then I'm thinking of mounting the iPod end in the glove box. If not, then I'll have to leave it near the cupholders/console. (I'm having a stereo installer to do the installation.)

Thanks!

2005 Mustang GT Vert Premium, Screaming Yellow, Dk. Charcoal Leather, Auto, Anti-Theft, 17" Brt Machined, Wheel locks, Conv Boot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007
Vay
S197 Member

I have an 07 GT and it has an MP3 adapter in the center console. I bought a monster cable through amazon for my Zune player and its the most beautiful thing ever.

The only thing that works on the stereo if you do go that route is the volume control,and that'll be secondary...the master volume will be on your iPod or Zune...or whatever you end up purchasing

Hope that helps.

Best thing of all.....you wont have to lug 600 CD's with you everywhere you go

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vay View Post
I have an 07 GT and it has an MP3 adapter in the center console. I bought a monster cable through amazon for my Zune player and its the most beautiful thing ever.

The only thing that works on the stereo if you do go that route is the volume control,and that'll be secondary...the master volume will be on your iPod or Zune...or whatever you end up purchasing

Hope that helps.

Best thing of all.....you wont have to lug 600 CD's with you everywhere you go
Thanks, but that sounds like a different thing. My GT is a 2005 with the Shaker500. It has the 6-disc changer and the word "MP3" and an Aux button on it, so it should work with this new product. The link in my post above is for an aftermarket Peripheral brand PXDP2 model 8420.

I already have a Video iPod 60GB, which I love. But the FM radio transmitter thingy is bulky and has to be taken out and hidden in the trunk every time I stop (I have a Vert). Plus my iPod inside its case doesn't fit very well in it. I want something that's always in place and has better sound quality.

2005 Mustang GT Vert Premium, Screaming Yellow, Dk. Charcoal Leather, Auto, Anti-Theft, 17" Brt Machined, Wheel locks, Conv Boot.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007
4.6L Member
S197 Member

This product is EXACTLY what I have been looking for.

It would be nice to see a review from somebody who has installed one. Anybody?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

the 07's got a aux input on the head unit.. the 05-06 have to have a seperate adapter...

wonder what it would cost to swap the head unit...??? have to call the dealer...

2008 Shelby - L&M Engines - Lund Racing Tune - Corn Fed

Sold - 2006 GT -Vortech H.O S/C 06 GT - 4000LB 11.49 @ 121.45
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to zmanm3
I think you should get it, do a excellent write up and let us know how you like it. Then I'll know if I should get one.

05 - Zeon body kit, Saleen S/C, 3.6" pully, 90mm MAF, L/T Heders, Catted X-Pipe, Saleen Race Craft suspension, Axel brace, Pan hard bar. More to come this spring from my friends at PMP and Larry H.
65 - Street force coil over front suspension, Wilwood disk breaks at all 4 wheels, More construction in progress! More to come this spring from Simons Auto & Restoration!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Ordering now... After tossing 2 more CD-Rs in the trash can. Will report back in a week or so.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007
Apprentice
S197 Member

well here we go; i have had my updated peripheral unit for 11 months and today my instrument cluster went crazy;;; i had to disconnect the battery for an hour and disconnect the peripheral unit; all is ok now but if yours has not screwed your car up yet iT WILL -- be warned and if it is still under warranty tell them it went crazy and get your money back.

Now i am looking for another option - i am also confused with the new PIE - gotta find out if it works on the 05's or not; if you know please post.

~~LEGENDARY LIMER 60~~
2005 legend lime premium GT vert; iup; manual; charcoal interior; jvc navigation; wheel locking kit; boot cover; 17 inch aluminum wheels; active anti-theft; FRPP exhausts; shorty antenna; ford gt plenum cover; strut tower brace; brenspeed sct 2 performance torque tune and steeda cai
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page