Which gauges would you install? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Which gauges would you install?

Got my SOS 2 gauge pod and have the Innovate XD-16 wideband as one gauge. Wondering what would be your other gauge and why? I was thinking water temp or fuel pressure. At this time i have no plans to install an S/C but that might be later down the road.

I'm looking at Autometer Phantom II because the white background matches my white faced dash gauges and they are backlite not face lit.

Thanks for the response.

06 GT Legend Lime, Konig Beyonds, Hurst, JBA, Steeda stuff, MAC CAI, Sniper tuned, LT's, catted H pipe, VIS Racing CF heat extractor hood, Tokico D-Specs, Silver Horse Racing, LLR #0174

08 GT Performance White, Konig Beyonds, Legend Lime accents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Just wondering why you felt the need to install a wideband on a N/A car. Temp and fuel pressure would be good, especially if you do supercharge eventually.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
Just wondering why you felt the need to install a wideband on a N/A car. Temp and fuel pressure would be good, especially if you do supercharge eventually.
I suppose I should have asked that before I bought the wideband. Talked to a few 03/04 Cobra guys (I know they are S/C and I'm not) and got the impression it's a good thing to monitor. At least now I'm ready for the S/C or turbo.

Maybe I just put the wideband aside for now and wait until I need it and just go with the temp and fuel pressure gauges. Or I get a boost gauge and order an S/C and slip it on under the wife radar. That might work. Nah she has a Mustang too and wouldn't buy it that the gauges are to help get better fuel mileage.

06 GT Legend Lime, Konig Beyonds, Hurst, JBA, Steeda stuff, MAC CAI, Sniper tuned, LT's, catted H pipe, VIS Racing CF heat extractor hood, Tokico D-Specs, Silver Horse Racing, LLR #0174

08 GT Performance White, Konig Beyonds, Legend Lime accents.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Yeah... Don't think the covert supercharger thing would work too well. Nothing wrong with having a full-time wideband. It's always good to know where you're at, forced induction or not.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page