Modular Depot & American Racing Headers - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Modular Depot & American Racing Headers

For those of you in the Cincinnati Area, Modular Depot in Southgate, KY will soon start selling and installing American Racing Headers for the 05+ Mustang GT. I talked to both Nick at ARH and Brandon at MD yesterday and it looks like I am going to be the guinea pig for the first installation of these headers at MD. Pricing hasn't been finalized yet, but it should be worked out by early next week and should be better than if you bought them from AR yourself. I'm really excited about getting these headers since they are super quality as are the guys I've talked to at both shops. Plus, I'm getting mine at cost for setting up the deal and being the guinea pig...SWEET!!!
Here are a couple of links for you:
http://www.americanracingheaders.com/
http://www.modulardepot.com/index.php

06 Stang GT, Yeah I got stuff! Check out my profile for the low down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
They sound nice... I'm guessing you're getting a new midpipe to go along with them?

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Oh yeah, should have said that. I'm going catted with the X pipe.
I'm curious about how the X pipe is going to change the sound, but if I really don't like it (and I'm not sure yet), I'll have them fab my stock H pipe in and remove the X. I'm thinking about getting some electronic exhaust cutouts from QTP too and have them installed just for fun.

Somebody on here (not sure it was Don W. or not) has a video link of his car with exhaust cutouts and the thing screams when they are open. I thought they might be fun when I pull into the local hot rod meets...should turn heads when I rev it up.
Here is the brand I'm talking about:
http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/index.php

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

The X will change the sound some. If I could find an H to fit my headers, I'd switch. I've also considered having one fabricated, but I haven't bothered yet.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06hoss View Post
Plus, I'm getting mine at cost for setting up the deal and being the guinea pig...SWEET!!!
That's a no no... you're going to get us both in trouble... Others don't need to know that...

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj_cinci View Post
That's a no no... you're going to get us both in trouble... Others don't need to know that...
Uh oh... Cat's out of the bag now.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
I'm calling BS on that statement :toot_toot: .
It's an everyday business deal.
I'm just getting a price cut for bringing them a new business opportunity. Happens all the time...nothing secret about it. No one else should expect the same treatment unless they bring something similar to the table.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
I'm calling BS on that statement :toot_toot: .
It's an everyday business deal.
I'm just getting a price cut for bringing them a new business opportunity. Happens all the time...nothing secret about it. No one else should expect the same treatment unless they bring something similar to the table.
You do whatever you want!! And you enjoy all that asks how mush they really are.... are you going to tell them? Are you going to tell tem how mush the shop 'really need' for the install...???

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Oh yeah, should have said that. I'm going catted with the X pipe.
I'm curious about how the X pipe is going to change the sound, but if I really don't like it (and I'm not sure yet), I'll have them fab my stock H pipe in and remove the X. I'm thinking about getting some electronic exhaust cutouts from QTP too and have them installed just for fun.

Somebody on here (not sure it was Don W. or not) has a video link of his car with exhaust cutouts and the thing screams when they are open. I thought they might be fun when I pull into the local hot rod meets...should turn heads when I rev it up.
Here is the brand I'm talking about:
http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/index.php
Those are pretty cool. I was very tempted once before but couldn't find out if the user could adjust the partial open positions from the cockpit. They didn't have the controler at the time I looked. It seems now that you can make some adjustments. The exhaust guy I spoke to (who happens to drive a screaming yellow GT, by the way) was concerned with heat issues. I see the manufacturer is now explicitly saying there are no heat issues. I wonder if they had many questions regarding heat. I may have to revisit these.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
You do whatever you want!! And you enjoy all that asks how mush they really are.... are you going to tell them? Are you going to tell tem how mush the shop 'really need' for the install...???
Of course I'll do what I want, I don't need anyone's permission to do it either. It's not like I got something for free here...I worked for it. You seem to be hung up on the cost thing when there are other things of value in a business deal. I worked two days to get these guys together on a deal that's going to make them both money so I got compensated with a price cut. Like I said before, no one else is entitled to the same treatment I got unless they bring something similar to the table (work for it). Which means they need to make their own deal and not worry about mine. I don't know how I can make it any simpler than that.

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myltlpny View Post
Those are pretty cool. I was very tempted once before but couldn't find out if the user could adjust the partial open positions from the cockpit. They didn't have the controler at the time I looked. It seems now that you can make some adjustments. The exhaust guy I spoke to (who happens to drive a screaming yellow GT, by the way) was concerned with heat issues. I see the manufacturer is now explicitly saying there are no heat issues. I wonder if they had many questions regarding heat. I may have to revisit these.
Yeah, I think I am going to order the QTP cutouts and have the switch installed in my console. Don W. has a nice setup where his switch is installed in the dash to the right of the steering wheel, but I think I want to hide mine. I think Don has his cutouts installed right behind the X, but I may go for the area right in front of the axle that is shown on QTPs website. I think Don has a different brand of cutouts. I finally found Don's video, it's here: https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...n-headers.html
For the better video, don't click on the Utube link, scroll down to the file Don included in the post. It's absolutely hilarious when he sets the car alarms off with his exhaust!

SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Of course I'll do what I want, I don't need anyone's permission to do it either. It's not like I got something for free here...I worked for it. You seem to be hung up on the cost thing when there are other things of value in a business deal. I worked two days to get these guys together on a deal that's going to make them both money so I got compensated with a price cut. Like I said before, no one else is entitled to the same treatment I got unless they bring something similar to the table (work for it). Which means they need to make their own deal and not worry about mine. I don't know how I can make it any simpler than that.
Of cource you do what you want! I could have deleted your post here or told MD about it but that's not my style...

Many of us have gotten deals on demo/test/pre production parts... the unwritten rule is to not talk about it...

Do you think AR want the public to know their headers will be sold for less than MSRP? I know most manufacturers accept that but do you think they want other shops to know MD got a deal? Do you think MD want the public to know they got a deal and price is negotible?

What are you going to tell ppl on here whan they ask 'how much they really are'? What you have my friend is priviledged information and you were so happy and proud of it so you leaked some on here...

That is the 'rule' I was talking about. Not cool towards MD or AR... I am happy for you and proud of you for working out a deal but the deal was between you, AR and MD, not the whole internet...

Just my thought... sorry if I offended you!!!

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Of cource you do what you want! I could have deleted your post here or told MD about it but that's not my style...

Many of us have gotten deals on demo/test/pre production parts... the unwritten rule is to not talk about it...

Do you think AR want the public to know their headers will be sold for less than MSRP? I know most manufacturers accept that but do you think they want other shops to know MD got a deal? Do you think MD want the public to know they got a deal and price is negotible?

What are you going to tell ppl on here whan they ask 'how much they really are'? What you have my friend is priviledged information and you were so happy and proud of it so you leaked some on here...

That is the 'rule' I was talking about. Not cool towards MD or AR... I am happy for you and proud of you for working out a deal but the deal was between you, AR and MD, not the whole internet...

Just my thought... sorry if I offended you!!!
Why don't we agree to just disagree? Like I said earlier about people asking "what do they really cost"...I will tell them don't worry about my deal, go get your own. There are no cost numbers anywhere in this thread about this deal so there is no privledged information revealed anywhere. That is where the "golden rule" kicks in...when you get to specifics. Anything else is just heresay. Why don't we just drop it?

S197 Member

I got a deal once.........my ex-wifes lawyer knocked a thousand bucks off her fee for the divorce. Big deal.....it still cost me everything I had. I hate divorce lawyers.

Mr. V? yer not a divorce lawyer are ya?
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Dropped!! It is and was none of my business!

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page