5twenty is Back! New and Improved for '07. - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to zmanm3
I am pretty sure that Thrump_rr did his in his garage using a jack to support his engine, you may want to PM him for pointers on the BMR K-member.

05 - Zeon body kit, Saleen S/C, 3.6" pully, 90mm MAF, L/T Heders, Catted X-Pipe, Saleen Race Craft suspension, Axel brace, Pan hard bar. More to come this spring from my friends at PMP and Larry H.
65 - Street force coil over front suspension, Wilwood disk breaks at all 4 wheels, More construction in progress! More to come this spring from Simons Auto & Restoration!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BOSS Member
S197 Member

Lucky man! Wish I had the cash for a SC. One question, I thought it wasn't good to get a S/C with 4.10 gears cuz the time in each gear isn't long enough to build enough boost.

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0scoops123 View Post
Lucky man! Wish I had the cash for a SC. One question, I thought it wasn't good to get a S/C with 4.10 gears cuz the time in each gear isn't long enough to build enough boost.
You don't build boost with a twin screw SC... it's instantaneous. And I'm here to tell you that with the right setup, a blower and 4.10s are a good combination.

MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5twenty View Post
They would save us another 20+ pounds. I just worry about the installation. I don't have a lift and have to do everyting under jackstands, even the driveshaft install sucked under jackstands. BUT they say 2 hours with common hand tools. It would probably be worth the effort.
I like how 5TWENTY now refers to his car as "us" Christine loves you man

How much 1/4 mile time do you think those mods will shave? I am going to bookmark this page for mods I want to do! "Lighter" is the engineering way to make speed. I think you will hook-up much better and you have saved a lot of weight in key areas.... I am excited and it isn't even my car!!!

'Course we all know the upside down mirror is the best bang-for-the-buck mod out there

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_w View Post
You don't build boost with a twin screw SC... it's instantaneous. And I'm here to tell you that with the right setup, a blower and 4.10s are a good combination.

I love asking the centri guys how much boost they are making. Then I ask how much they make at 2500 RPM.

I must agree with don_w, the 4.10s don't feel too short even with the blower. Although you do have to be aware that 6000 rpm comes pretty quickly.

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack View Post
I like how 5TWENTY now refers to his car as "us" Christine loves you man

How much 1/4 mile time do you think those mods will shave? I am going to bookmark this page for mods I want to do! "Lighter" is the engineering way to make speed. I think you will hook-up much better and you have saved a lot of weight in key areas.... I am excited and it isn't even my car!!!

'Course we all know the upside down mirror is the best bang-for-the-buck mod out there
Aren't we one big happy family?

ETs? I don't know. I was running pretty dang quick on nitrous so I'll just be happy if I can match that, I'm only running 8 pounds of boost. I learned a long time ago to not predict ETs, I'll just make the run and display the timeslip. It just won't stop raining so I can't get a run in. TnT on Sunday, I'll try again.

Any mod that cost zero doallars is a good mod.

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
S197 Member

I'm glad your back in the saddle. No more problems would be a good thing. Let us know youor track times when you have them.
PONY Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Can't wait to see the timeslip after all them mods 5twenty. The mods sound wicked. I've been thinking of getting a 2.6l kenne bell and a powerhouse driveshaft too. Did you have any problems with them?

2005 Ford Mustang GT *Black Sunshine*
Current Mods: head & taillight covers, red tri-bar pony floor mats, sequential tail lights, chrome skull & flame pedals, red wire covers, underhood billet caps/covers
1990 Ford Mustang LX Convertable *White Lightning*
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Musclestang View Post
Can't wait to see the timeslip after all them mods 5twenty. The mods sound wicked. I've been thinking of getting a 2.6l kenne bell and a powerhouse driveshaft too. Did you have any problems with them?
The KB and the driveshaft have been trouble free so far. It's like they are supposed to be part of the car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page