2007 Mustang GT, What are the best appearance mods in your opinion? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

2007 Mustang GT, What are the best appearance mods in your opinion?

This is an extremely open ended thread. I am trying to get an idea of what to put on my list of appearance mods for interior/exterior. I am not looking to go crazy and spend a boat load of money but I do want the car to look even more bad ass (i.e. hood and body kit parts). Also, tire wise. I have done a lot of searching on what size tires to get for the car. I am not looking for strictly appearance in this area and I have come to learn from reading that anything above 18" is a no go if you want to keep performance. I want tires that are going to give me the best performance on the road, maintain all weather performance, be able to rotate them every so often, and look bad ass. I have the 17" stock tires and some days I feel they look great but other days I feel like I need something different. Are there new rims that I can add to the stock tires or will I need to get new tires also? What do you guys/gals recommend. All input is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
2007 Mustang GT Coupe Premium, 4.6L 5-Speed Manual, Alloy Clearcoat Metallic, Light Graphite Leather Interior, JLT II CAI, SCT xCal2 w/93 Bamachips Torque/Race, SLP Loudmouths, more mods coming soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
That's the $64,000 question. And you're going to get that many opinions too. Hoods, spoilers (chin & ducktail), wheels, scoops (1/4 window and C), and custom paint all seem to be really popular. But everyone has there own preferences and taste.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloystang87 View Post
This is an extremely open ended thread. I am trying to get an idea of what to put on my list of appearance mods for interior/exterior. I am not looking to go crazy and spend a boat load of money but I do want the car to look even more bad ass (i.e. hood and body kit parts). Also, tire wise. I have done a lot of searching on what size tires to get for the car. I am not looking for strictly appearance in this area and I have come to learn from reading that anything above 18" is a no go if you want to keep performance. I want tires that are going to give me the best performance on the road, maintain all weather performance, be able to rotate them every so often, and look bad ass. I have the 17" stock tires and some days I feel they look great but other days I feel like I need something different. Are there new rims that I can add to the stock tires or will I need to get new tires also? What do you guys/gals recommend. All input is greatly appreciated! Thanks.
have you been to www.ponybuilder.com

They even give a price estimate.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Thanks, site seems pretty cool.

2007 Mustang GT Coupe Premium, 4.6L 5-Speed Manual, Alloy Clearcoat Metallic, Light Graphite Leather Interior, JLT II CAI, SCT xCal2 w/93 Bamachips Torque/Race, SLP Loudmouths, more mods coming soon!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

I'm glad you said OPEN ENDED. That is a loaded statement. There is just so many options of parts out there. Then there is how deep are you pockets...... I just looked at Fang performance and there new #8 front end, it looks good. I know I'll be getting two white stripes on mine hood scope duck spoiler.

So there is a lot of options. Just do the reaserch, look at what you like and dislike about different items. Plan it out and you won't be waisting money and you time and you'll have a kick a** car.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007
GT Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Nyt_Muves
I like the appearance of a +0 size increase on the tires. Wider, lower profile. Keeps the same diameter, but adds an inch to an inch and a half of width. Makes the stang look like it wants to pounce!

BULLITT #04385
Gone but never forgotten, Died Valiantly
New Project: Putting 92 5.0L drivetrain into 83 RX7
Built by MAZDA shaken by FORD
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Ive pretty much left my interior alone except for the push button starter (not everyones taste) and a hurst shifter. the shifter I think gives it more of a bad as look
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallnAngl View Post
Ive pretty much left my interior alone except for the push button starter (not everyones taste) and a hurst shifter. the shifter I think gives it more of a bad as look
How do you like the push button starter? That makes it look more like a race car.

If you want to really get crazy with tires, you get some of thoes 15 or 20 inch ones that you need to put tubs and relocate the fram rails. Now thats some big meat.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Nyt do you have any suggestions on particular tires that I should look into?

4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelers View Post
How do you like the push button starter? That makes it look more like a race car.

If you want to really get crazy with tires, you get some of thoes 15 or 20 inch ones that you need to put tubs and relocate the fram rails. Now thats some big meat.
I love it. If u do decide to get one, dont bother with the one that lights up. The light went out the same day it was put in. I never fixed it because it just wasnt worth taken my dash apart again. Plus its nice knowing people cant figure out how to start your car
PONY Member

deep dish 'bullit' wheels would be top of my list of next crap to buy- but cant swing the cost right away. I put in a set of silverhorse louvers and REALLY like the look...if wheels ever get updated, next would be a fang hood, and either 69 eliminator or shaker...already got a old eliminator scoop, but it looks bulky on the flat hood- think it would look better on a fang style hood...love the shaker too, but then a blower is no longer an option for a 'non appearance' mod someday
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shr-3.jpg
Views:	1265
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	25375  

06 gt stick vista blue - love this car!
07 pony auto vista blue (wifes)
09 gt stick vista blue (ordered day after the '10 reveal- 4 miles/undriven still)
GT Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Nyt_Muves
Quote:
Originally Posted by alloystang87 View Post
Nyt do you have any suggestions on particular tires that I should look into?
I am a fan of Pirellis and Goodyears. I have had Nittos and Yokohamas also. The Nittos were OK, not my favorite. The Yoks did not wear very well.

The BULLITT I am buying this week has 275 40 17 Pirelli P Zero Neros. I have P Zeros on my current GT too. I really like them. Quiet, smooth, grippy, wear well, and not bad in the rain.

BULLITT #04385
Gone but never forgotten, Died Valiantly
New Project: Putting 92 5.0L drivetrain into 83 RX7
Built by MAZDA shaken by FORD
PONY Member
S197 Member

Leave car stock and remove spoiler. There, you got it.

06 Mustang GT, red, standard trans.
Apprentice

I personally like the CDC Shaker flat black, Delete rear spoiler kit, CDC Aggressive Chin spoiler flat black and some black bullits. Retro Mach1 with a facelift look.

Power House Turbo, SCT-X-Cal2, Diablo MAFia, CDC Shaker, CDC Aggressive Front Chin, 3DCarbon Grill, CHE UCA, LCA, Kmember Brace, SPEC 3+ LPP option, AEM Wide band and Electronic Boost Controler, SOS Piller Pod.

523RWHP 563RWTQ DynoTune by [email protected]
PONY Member
S197 Member

Best appearance mods?

MINE!!!!!!!!!

2005 Satin Silver GT 5spd, IUP, ICAP, bullits, active alarm, lug locks, side a!rbags, shaker 500, XM Roady 2, JLT cold air, Xcal2 w/ SCT 93 oct tune, & custom fab'd ram air duct, BMR Sway Bars, Hurst Competition plus shifter
Custom blackout on hood and trunk with Steeda street wing and Ford Racing hood pins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page