06 GT Warranty Issue - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

06 GT Warranty Issue

I was at the dealer today asking if installing a new exhaust and supercharger would void my warranty.

I didn't like what I heard. They told me that the exhaust would NOT nessecarily void my warranty but if they could prove the exhaust caused the problem with my car, it WOULD void my warranty. They also said that my car would never pass emmissions with a modified exhaust. I found this strange, since I never did tell them the type of exhaust I wanted to install.

Then they told me a supercharger, no matter the type, would definately VOID my warranty, no doubt about it.

The dealer also said that it would not install any of these Mods for me, even if I used Rousch or other Ford parts.

I guess I am a bit confused. I thought I read on some of these forums that these Mods would Not affect my warranty.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007
S197 Member

Alot of times it just depends on the dealer. If you go with a roush supercharger then you will get a 3yr/36000 mile warranty from roush. I get every oil change at my dealer and the only thing they said about my exhaust is how good it sounded. You could always try another dealer.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007
GT Member
S197 Member

ditto what Hemislayer said

2005 Mustang GT - SCT X3 + ROUSH CAI, FRPP Stingers, Silverhorse Blackout Panel, Brushed "Aluminum" Dash Kit, California Special rear bumper, chrome American Racing ROGUE wheels 20x8.5 with 255/35/20 Yokohama S.Drive tires, ROUSH rear springs.... JVC KW-AVX820

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to RetroGT2006
im in that same situation, n it sux, i want to get the JLT Intake n the Tuner that my boy got, cause it made his soo much quicker than my GT.. n i want to do Slp Axelback exhaust, but i know all of this will void it right??well the axelbacks if i had 2 go bring my car 2 ford, i can swap out back 2 the old mufflers in like 30 mins.. but the intake n tune?

Daily Driver: 2006 Honda CBR600rr
Weekend Warrior: 2006 Mustang GT
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007
GT Member
S197 Member

Bob Davidson Ford(Towson,Md)sells new Mustangs with anything you want on it.Its installed at aftermarket shop(Automotive Accents in Linthicum,Md 410-636-4622).They are doing a Black GT with all Rouse parts with 20 inch wheels.

2006 Gt Premium coupe,automatic,white with red Shelby stripes,18 in.wheels,seq lites,plem. cover,Rouse hood scoop and flowmasters,Steeda strut brace,Steeda polished stainless fuse and radiator covers,rear camera(Boyo tag cam)thru Crimestopper rear mirror.Ford molded mud flaps,Silverhorse polished billet fuel door,and chrome console trim.Headlight Splitters.American Muscle Raxiom 2010 taillights.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007
GT Member
S197 Member

Without a doubt find another dealer. Roush and Saleen have 3 year 36k mile warranties. I am not a mechanic there is not much a muffler change can hurt. Many times they have saked if I wanted to make the car louder I was even on the computer with the service manager listening to louder exhaust, warranty was not a problem. Screw around with the computer and now you have a problem.

07 GT. Exterior mods n/a. Engine mods, see profile.
One of the more powerful cars around.
One of the slower cars around.
Makes me feel like a kid every time.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pg3ibew View Post
I was at the dealer today asking if installing a new exhaust and supercharger would void my warranty.

I didn't like what I heard. They told me that the exhaust would NOT nessecarily void my warranty but if they could prove the exhaust caused the problem with my car, it WOULD void my warranty. They also said that my car would never pass emmissions with a modified exhaust. I found this strange, since I never did tell them the type of exhaust I wanted to install.

Then they told me a supercharger, no matter the type, would definately VOID my warranty, no doubt about it.

The dealer also said that it would not install any of these Mods for me, even if I used Rousch or other Ford parts.

I guess I am a bit confused. I thought I read on some of these forums that these Mods would Not affect my warranty.
They're right, if someone other than Ford does the installation. There are only a few Ford Performance dealers. Those are the people you need to find. In my area, for instance, there's only one FP dealer. Most are not.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

OK then,
How do I find Ford Performance Dealer near me?
I am in Staten Island, NY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page