2005 V6 Center Light Kits - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

2005 V6 Center Light Kits

So I just received a copy of Mustang Monthly and on the cover was a nice White Stang with Blue stripes and Center Light Kit. So this got me thinking... Hmmmm How much and what's the best type for a V6.
I googled it and basically came to the Street Scene's site, and found the item I wanted, the plastic center light kit. But the site never gives prices and is a bit confusing. So I was wondering if anyone in Forum Land purchased this kit fo their V6? Also How much approx? Did you need to buy wiring kits since the v6 has no fogs? Also what does the kit come with or is it just the grill and you buy the rest from Ford like lights and wiring?

Thanks for any info.

Chip

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007
S197 Member

I bought the center light fog grill for my GT, and all they give you is the grill and extension wires for the fogs. I imagine since you have a V6, you would have to find a place that just sell fog lights and the hardware to mount them(4 screws in each one). I also don't know if the V6ers have the fog light wires already behind the grill, or if you would also have to install/splice some wires.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007
V6 Member
S197 Member

RE: Center light kit

go to v6mustangstuff.com they have it where you can buy the whole kit(lights, grill, and wiring harness), or buy them separately. I think it's the street scene grill. Anyway they have all the prices listed and I'm sure the kit will come with everything, just call them to check.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

If your v6 didn't come with foglights, the easy way to wire foglights would be to use the wiring harness by Street Scene. Unless I'm mistaking, I think they are the only ones that offers wiring harnesses specific for Mustangs. My foglights will be wired using a combination of the pigtails from the GT500 wiring harness spliced with the Street Scene foglight wiring harness. From what I was told, doing a completely stock look would be too much.

Hope this helps.

For Play: 2011 Ford Mustang v6 Premium Coupe w/Pony Package. Stock...for now.

For Work: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE. The fun daily driver.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007
V6 Member
S197 Member

RE: Lights

Yeah, it's the only wiring harness I know of. Actually, I was thinking of just installing the grill with the lights and say to heck with wiring them up. I mean, when you think about it how often do you even use your fog lights as it is? Certainly the fog light mode already on the 6 will be enough, so why have 2 sets of working fog lights? I just really like the look of the centered lights, not really concerned with functionality. And down the road I guess you could always add the harness. I'd say give it a try without the harness and see how many times you say, "damn, wish my EXTRA set of fog lights worked." I just don't see it happening. But do what you like by all means.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

If you were referring to me, I would only have one set of foglights in the lower fascia (none in the grille). I couldn't see myself driving any vehicle that had more than than one set of foglights in the front fascia.

My current v6 has no foglights. The pigtails from the GT500 kit are only used so that they are functional but I agree with you...I doubt they'll ever get used...the stock headlights are bright enough as it is (even if I'm only sporting one at the moment, thanks to Bambi's little friend).

For Play: 2011 Ford Mustang v6 Premium Coupe w/Pony Package. Stock...for now.

For Work: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE. The fun daily driver.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Thanks for the info I just took a look at the v6 site and they have complete kits so looks like they are a choice.

Chip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page