Opinions about wheel setup? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007 Thread Starter

Opinions about wheel setup?

Been looking for wheels for a while, and found some that I like. I was sorta considering putting 18x8.5 in front and 19x9.5 (or 10.5) out back, instead of 19" on all four corners. Just a thought tho... So whata ya think? Should I keep 'em 19 all around? Do you like the wheels? Any feedback would be much appreciated

Also, it's a little off topic, but are underdrive pulleys bad for the car? I was going to put them on, but was told by someone at Hillbank (they're right down the street from work) that it's not worth it. I really want to put them on tho, since i've already got 'em. Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ANTRAUTZ.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	25395  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007
MACH I Member
S197 Member

nice looking wheels. those should look good on any color and year Mustang. I also like the idea of the 18's in the front and the 19's in the rear. the rear wheel openings look bigger than the front, so fill up the opening with 19's.

as for the UDP's, I haven't heard of anything bad if you install them. as a matter of fact you will get better gas mileage and you free up horsepower. I installed mine a couple of weeks ago and I really like them.

did Hillbank give you any specific reasons why UDP's would be bad for your car? other than possible future warranty issues.

2005 Mustang GT M5
-I reject your reality and substitute my own-
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007 Thread Starter

well he pretty much only said that its something that a dealership would really look for if i took it in, but that doesn't really bother me. He also said that it just under charges the accessories more than he liked, so maybe it was just his opinion.
Has anyone else had any problems? I really want to throw them on!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007
MACH I Member
S197 Member

it will slow all your accessories pulleys down. that includes your alternator, water pump, AC comprressor, and PS pump. I haven't noticed any difference with the slowing down of these items. but, if you have a big stereo system or something, your alternator may not put out enough juice to power everything. especially at night when you run the lights!
I have noticed the AC isn't as cold when city driving, but it doesn't really bother me.
And there is no effect on the power steering.

in essesence, your crank pulley is 1 inch smaller and your water pump pulley is 1 inch larger. when I installed my Steeda UDP's I was afraid my car would run hotter. but this hasn't been the case at all.

2005 Mustang GT M5
-I reject your reality and substitute my own-
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to thump_rrr
I ran them for over a year till the S/C went on without a single issue even though I run mine hard at the track.

My friend now has them on his car and he also has no issues.

I prefer 4 same sized tires so I'm running 275/40 18" all around.

With good 18" tires going for over $300 each same size asymetrical tires can be rotated without issue.

05 White GT Premium 5 Sp. IUP, Active Alarm
BMR, C&L, Centerforce, Fidanza, FRPP, GI Joe, JBA, JDM Engineering, LPW, Saleen, SCT, Steeda, SOS

S/C 1.613 60'. 4.748 330', 7.332 @ 93.75mph 1/8th, 9.566 1000', 11.427 @ 119.92 1/4mile
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007 Thread Starter

by the way thanks for the compliment on the wheels. i'd like the 10.5 width in the back cause i want the tires FAT! but i may settle for the 9.5 wrapped with 285's. That's still pretty wide, i don't even know how wide the wells would clear, anyway.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007 Thread Starter

anyone else have any opinions on the 18" front and 19" rear setup? I'm just not sure if it will look funny or too much of a staggered look. opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page