2006 Mustang Braided Engine Hoses. Any suggestions? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

2006 Mustang Braided Engine Hoses. Any suggestions?

Look for some opinions and suggestions. Doing some engine compartment dress-up.

Thinking about braided steel hoses. Anyone have any pics?

2006 Redfire GT Vert Auto, every factory option, 490rwhp JDM Saleen SC, One piece driveshaft, Steeda ultralight springs - rear adjustable UCA and LCAs, CHE relo brackets, Granelli front cross-member, Intrax sway bars, Tokico dampers, Hawk brake pads, Shelby Redline wheels and Nitto tires, GT500 exhaust, FRPP 3.73's, Pioneer AVIC-D3 navigation head unit, and Saleen HID headlights. See profile for appearance mods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

I bought mine from Summit.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	engine.JPG
Views:	1438
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	25425   Click image for larger version

Name:	engine1.JPG
Views:	760
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	25426  

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Check out my gallery, I have one hose done (From the radiator to the overflow tank, just to try it out). The rest are on order and should be here next week. I'm using the Pi-Thon billet compression fittings, which I'm getting through Paragon Performance http://www.paragonperformance.com/. There's a guy down there named Alex who is very friendly and helpful.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Mine are the covers but im getting ready to take them off and put on actual braided hose instead of the covers. Brent
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	my engine.jpg
Views:	2774
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	25442  

2005 Mustang GT-SHR 1/4 louvers -GT500 pedals-AGENT47 Mirrors-shorty Antenna-Redfire Plenum-"BOSS 429" Scoop-Painted Silver Racing Stripes (Ford Ultra Silver Met)-CDC Classic chin-Redfire valve covers-Sequential taillights-REDLINE Elite hood struts -MAG shock tower covers-HURST short throw shifter-SCT XCAL2 -Tune by Brenspeed-BORLA exhaust -C&L Street CAI-AR Dale Jr KILLER chrome 18x8 Wheels-TOYO Proxes4 255/45ZR18-Steeda UDP-Adj Panhard bar-Eibach springs & struts- JM castors-Billet knobs
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/alb...l_P1010879.JPG

http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/alb...l_P1010883.JPG

First go here, Spectre Performance and select "Plumbing" then "fuel hose". Determine all the part numbers needed and then to Autozone web site. You can probably walk into an Autozone and pick up this whole kit and the fittings will be red and blue. I only wanted blue fittings so I bought the hoses and fittings seperately.

Or you an go to each link below which are the parts I bought seperately.

5/16" line: Spectre Performance. It's 48" long and you cut it to the size you need and slip the other clamp on. Need one of these.

3/8" line: Spectre Performance. It's 72" long and you cut it to size also. Buy an extra set of clamps.

5/8" line: Spectre Performance. This one is 48" long and you cut it to size also. Need one of these as well.

The radiator overflow, passenger side PCV, fuel vaccum, and brake vaccum are 3/8", the fuel rail one is 5/16", and the big PCV on the driver's side is 5/8".

Then you can go here and pick out the part numbers of the clamps that you want if you don't pick up a kit. Spectre Performance

Hope this helps. Oh yeah, you'll neel either a hacksaw (wrap that section of hose with tape first) or a Dremel to cut through the hoses. I used a Dremel and it cut right through. Let me know if you have questions.

12.4 @ 111mph

Saleen S/C, Thump Tensioner, BGG 8 Rib, Kooks, Stingers, Gords, 4.10, Spec 3+, Pro 5.0, GT500 FPs, GT500 T/B, Ultralite Springs, DSpecs, Prothane Mounts, BMR - Adj. Panhard Bar, LCAs, LCA Relo Brackets, Adj. UCA, Rear Sway, Sway Delete/Rad Support
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007

Autozone charges 2x as much. Get the exact same product at Summit for half the cost.

Stoenr, what air intake is that?
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerino2000 View Post
Autozone charges 2x as much. Get the exact same product at Summit for half the cost.

Good input. Problem I have with Summit is their $10 handling fee regardless of what I buy plus shipping. Autozone ships to me for free and no handling fee.

12.4 @ 111mph

Saleen S/C, Thump Tensioner, BGG 8 Rib, Kooks, Stingers, Gords, 4.10, Spec 3+, Pro 5.0, GT500 FPs, GT500 T/B, Ultralite Springs, DSpecs, Prothane Mounts, BMR - Adj. Panhard Bar, LCAs, LCA Relo Brackets, Adj. UCA, Rear Sway, Sway Delete/Rad Support
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007

Sure but the kit at Autzone if I am not mistaken is $50. $25 at summit. I usually buy two to have one for later or areas where one kit wasn't enough.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerino2000 View Post

JLTII.
+1 on autozones price. I walked in, looked, walked back out, lol.

Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
PONY Member
S197 Member

How hard is it to install the braided hoses with the fittings? I am not a mechanic. Not sure if I need to know anything when doing this.

2007 GT Coupe, Auto, Black, Dark Charc. Leather Interior
332 rwhp
307 torque
Mods: Exterior:18x9 front 18x10 rear DD Chrome Bullitt, Nitto 555's, GT/CS side scoops, CDC Classic Chin, Clear Side Markers Exhaust: Pypes LT Headers, Hi-Flow Cats, H pipe and Violators Engine: C&L Street (Chromed) w/ Brenspeed tunes, Chrome Valve Covers, MWG painted radiator cover and extensions, Custom polished/engraved strut tower covers, Chrome fuse box cover, billett fluid caps
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangMe View Post
How hard is it to install the braided hoses with the fittings? I am not a mechanic. Not sure if I need to know anything when doing this.
No skills required. Its as easy as making pop tarts. (what im eating now)
Something to cut the hose to length is needed. Like a hacksaw.

PONY Member
S197 Member

Any liquids I need to worry about replacing or is it mostly vacuum hoses?

332 rwhp
307 torque
Mods: Exterior:18x9 front 18x10 rear DD Chrome Bullitt, Nitto 555's, GT/CS side scoops, CDC Classic Chin, Clear Side Markers Exhaust: Pypes LT Headers, Hi-Flow Cats, H pipe and Violators Engine: C&L Street (Chromed) w/ Brenspeed tunes, Chrome Valve Covers, MWG painted radiator cover and extensions, Custom polished/engraved strut tower covers, Chrome fuse box cover, billett fluid caps
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

ya might lose a little coolant, just be fast and youll be ok

PONY Member
S197 Member

Scramblr
Can you give me a ballpark on how much it will cost to do all of the engine bay hoses with the fittings like you did? Not using the covers but the actual braided hoses.

332 rwhp
307 torque
dly
Apprentice

Doing all the hoses with Earl's Braided Stainless Steel Hose will cost around $200. I ordered most of my Hoses and clamps from Amstreetrod.com. The ends are actually fancy hose clamps i.e. screw type hose clamps with aluminum covers that look like the real thing. Here's some of my pictures.

dly 07 GT/CS

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF0301 1500x1100.jpg
Views:	1021
Size:	492.0 KB
ID:	25542   Click image for larger version

Name:	black&blue 001 (2) (2).JPG
Views:	1679
Size:	273.6 KB
ID:	25543   Click image for larger version

Name:	black&blue 002 (2) (2).JPG
Views:	782
Size:	296.3 KB
ID:	25544   Click image for larger version

Name:	black&blue 003 (2) (2).JPG
Views:	657
Size:	336.6 KB
ID:	25545   Click image for larger version

Name:	black&blue 004 (2) (2).JPG
Views:	2593
Size:	297.8 KB
ID:	25546  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page