all mustang owner's check front bumper's for crack's - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

all mustang owner's check front bumper's for crack's

washed my 07 the other day and under the headlight's the front bumper is cracking along the mold line's. you can hook your finger nail on the crack. took it in today dealer said it didn't look right and would have the bodyshop on it right away. i could see blue under the white paint. i guess that's the primer color or the color of the plastic. the darker color's will be harder to notice but the briter color's will stick out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Good catch... Will have to take a look.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

couldn't get a good pic because of the headlight reflextion but the service advisor could not deny the blue line running the length of the headlight. showed him about a 2 inch line on the passenger side starting up.like i said. he told me he would get the bodyshop on it.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007
PONY Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

I just checked my '05 stang, didn't see any cracks on mine. I dont think Ford did the best with the painting the mustangs as there are some places such as in the trunk and other places I noticed where the paint is a very light coat or not painted at all.

2005 Ford Mustang GT *Black Sunshine*
Current Mods: head & taillight covers, red tri-bar pony floor mats, sequential tail lights, chrome skull & flame pedals, red wire covers, underhood billet caps/covers
1990 Ford Mustang LX Convertable *White Lightning*
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Musclestang View Post
I just checked my '05 stang, didn't see any cracks on mine. I dont think Ford did the best with the painting the mustangs as there are some places such as in the trunk and other places I noticed where the paint is a very light coat or not painted at all.
I was actually surprised that when I pulled the hood insulation to install the shaker, that it was painted underneath!

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007
Apprentice

No cracks for me.

Wait till you take a jig saw to your hood and your wife walks out the front door screaming at you. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
I was actually surprised that when I pulled the hood insulation to install the shaker, that it was painted underneath!

Power House Turbo, SCT-X-Cal2, Diablo MAFia, CDC Shaker, CDC Aggressive Front Chin, 3DCarbon Grill, CHE UCA, LCA, Kmember Brace, SPEC 3+ LPP option, AEM Wide band and Electronic Boost Controler, SOS Piller Pod.

523RWHP 563RWTQ DynoTune by [email protected]
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geos05GTvert View Post
No cracks for me.

Wait till you take a jig saw to your hood and your wife walks out the front door screaming at you. LOL
I waited until mine was out of town. Problem solved

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007
PONY Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
Under the insulation under my hood isn't, you can see the primer, they didnt even touch it with a thin coat of paint, its a ugly white/gray color.

2005 Ford Mustang GT *Black Sunshine*
Current Mods: head & taillight covers, red tri-bar pony floor mats, sequential tail lights, chrome skull & flame pedals, red wire covers, underhood billet caps/covers
1990 Ford Mustang LX Convertable *White Lightning*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page