What's going to be new for 2008 GT? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007 Thread Starter

What's going to be new for 2008 GT?

I saw another thread asking this but there were NO responses. Are there no solid rumors or anything? Any more power? What new features? I am thinking about trading the coupe in on a vert but if there is going to be something like more power coming for 08, I may just wait it out.

So, any news on what's coming?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
I do know that rumors of a 302 Boss were untrue. Ford is producing a 302 crate engine but no Boss Mustang (at least as of today).

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007 Thread Starter

Ok, that's what I remember reading now that you mention it. Isn't it getting close enough to the end of the current model year that we should have some better info on what is coming?

A 302 would be great. How 'bout a 351? Bonus.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

There's the rumor of Displacement on Demand that's cropping up everywhere, and seems like I heard something about gov't mandated Stability Control in all cars soon. Wouldn't be surprised if either were options or standard.

'07 GT Deluxe - Alloy - IUP - Shaker 500 - 3.55 axle
Ordered: April 4, 2007
Build week: April 23
Delivered: May 5

SSS Adrenaline series mufflers, shorty antenna
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

The BULLITT will be available again, that has been confirmed.

Specialty Mustangs (Shelby, Saleen, Roush, Steeda, Foose, etc) are plenty so i doubt there would be another model except the Bullitt.

Power output could climb slightly, this thx to improved oak processor programing and probably some minor intake changes.

Expect only minor body changes, more likely more "addons" like scoops, different spoiler, wheel options, suspension options.

Major changes probably until 09, will include body restiling, rumor and spy photos show that it might look somewhat like the Giugaro concept.

Rob Hernandez, AFM co-Founder.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
I do know that rumors of a 302 Boss were untrue. Ford is producing a 302 crate engine but no Boss Mustang (at least as of today).
But you can get the 2007 Saleen Mustang Parnelli Jones LE Boss 302 I thought.

'06 GT Satin Silver, 10" graphite painted racing stripes, premium red interior, C&L CAI, Bamachips SCT XCal2, Eibach pro-kit springs, Maximum MotorSports caster camber plates, Nitto 555's, SSE GenII louvers, Tri-bar Pony badges, CDC sequential signals, CDC detail corral.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_Ford View Post
... seems like I heard something about gov't mandated Stability Control in all cars soon...
Maybe they could drive it for us, too...

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy05 View Post
That's true... But it's not coming direct from Ford.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy05 View Post
If I read it right the 302 is HP not CI. They are still using the 281ci. They are using the HP as there BOSS 302.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelers View Post
If I read it right the 302 is HP not CI. They are still using the 281ci. They are using the HP as there BOSS 302.
Wow that's cheesy.

1965 Mustang Coupe
PONY Member
S197 Member

The only thing I have seen is a couple new colors:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=60474

Ordered 4/26/05. Picked up June 11, 2005. 05 Mustang GT Premium Coupe, 5spd, Performance White, with red accent leather (ICAP), Shaker 500, IUP, active alarm, side airbag, spoiler delete. MODS: Baltimore Street Mods 10' red stripes and red rocker stripe. window tint. K & N aircharger. Pony Package fender emblems. Added 18" Polished Alum. Bullitts Hurst comp shifter
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Does any1 think that Ford's financial problems will impact the Mustang's division to spend money on researching new special models?

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
Apprentice
S197 Member

No redfire or windveil, instead candy apple red and vapor clear coat. In addition, HID and mood lighting.

My Fords:

2008 Shelby GT500 (my baby)
2008 F-250 SD (the heavy hauler)
2008 Ford Fusion (wifes DD)
2005 Mustang GT (wifes baby)
2000 Mustang GT (my DD)
1966 Thunderbird (our restore project)

Also a member of StangMafia.com. Tell them VaporDude referred you.
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0scoops123 View Post
Does any1 think that Ford's financial problems will impact the Mustang's division to spend money on researching new special models?
I had actually read somewhere that because of Ford's financial woes, te new redesigned Mustang, which was originally intended for 2009, may not come around until 2010, and even then Ford is talking about only doing a face lift. In particular, making the front nosw closer to the Shelby GT 500. Then in 2012 (maybe even as late as 2014), the Mustang is to undergo an entire redesign, to be more modern and far less retro.

However, with that said, Ford is facing sever compitition from Dodge (Challenger) and GM (Camaro and new GTO) and Ford does currently have "an aging platform" with the Mustang.

My guess is that for 2008, the Mustang will be largely untouched...for 2007 seemd to have the most new options (cloth top for verts, heated seats, hood scoops, several editions, and NAV, I think), so '08 i slikely to be the last run for this particular body style with not too much new.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

I guess bringing back the 428 or even the 429 is out of the question. Still...I wouldn't get too hung up on the cubic inches when a super charger will do. I'd rather have higher quality and some different styling options. Manufacturers make money on selling more cars, not on making faster or the fastest cars.

06 GT Premium, Windveil Blue, Auto, IUP
Mods: Midwest Auto Gear Engine Plenum Cover, Sequential Taillights, Demolet Tunable CAI & SCT Tune, CDC Quarter Window Louvers, Billett Aluminum Interior Items, 8" Shorty Antenna, Powder Coated Valve Covers, Braided Hoses, Flowmaster AT, California Dreamin' Hood, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Honeycomb Rear Decklid Blackout Panel, 35% Window Tints, SHR Lower Grill Inserts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page