fog light wiring harness - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

fog light wiring harness

I just saw this listing for fog light wiring harnesses for V-6 models weather you use your stock light switch or the GT switch...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...e=ADME:B:EF:11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Sorry, I wanted to make sure the links worked. This is the link for the stock headlight switch.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ADME:B:EF:US11

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyone View Post
Sorry, I wanted to make sure the links worked. This is the link for the stock headlight switch.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ADME:B:EF:US11

Hmmm, using your stock light switch will require a toggle switch, meaning you might need to drill a hole some where to insall it. I did it once with my 05 but elected to get a regular GT switch so I did not need to drill any holes in my dash.
Check with the seller to make sure.
the pic in the add is a GT switch. If you notice, on the left of the switch it has the word PULL, that is for the fogs. V6's without the OEM pony package do not have that pictured switch.

To few to mention, actually to lazy to
01 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Silver (His Daily)
05 Mustang V6 Coupe, 5 sp - Redfire (Her Toy)
06 Pontiac Solstice Vert 5 sp - White His Roadster
07 Mustang GT Vert, 5 sp - Redfire His Toy
09 Hyundai Santa Fe - White Metallic (Her Daily)
11 Chevy Silverado 5.3L ExtCab-Light Gray (His)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Guys, that's the Street Scene wiring harness which requires the use of their toggle switch since v6's without the Pony Package do not have foglights. It's not meant to conform (for a lack of a better word) with the stock GT/Pony Package foglight switch. Let's just say that it's more trouble than it's worth if you are trying to use their wiring harness with the OEM headlight/foglight switch of the Mustang. I have the same wiring harness that will be used to install the foglights on my car for the GT500 bodykit (I'm only using the pigtails...everything else from the GT500 foglight wiring harness gets scrapped).

In short, it's not their revolutionary foglight harness...it's some schmuck on E-Bay who I feel is not giving the full disclosure of the product he's selling on the Internet. Now if he actually works for Street Scene, then I'll glady eat my words...but if you look at the .PDF on Street Scene's website and this E-Bay auction, you can see the harness is identical as well as the toggle switch to activate the foglights.

Hope this helps.

If I'm wrong in anything I said here, someone please feel free to correct my information.

For Play: 2011 Ford Mustang v6 Premium Coupe w/Pony Package. Stock...for now.

For Work: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE. The fun daily driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page