1st Mileage check since Mods ! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

1st Mileage check since Mods !

Filled up the tank yesterday, 1st time since installing the C&L CAI and the underdrive pullies, and adding a 91 Octane Performance tune via SCT, milage is up by .63 ! Not what I was hoping for, 4:10s are definatly out if that's all the milage I'm getting with the addition of the UDP's, I'm trying the next tank with the 91 Octane "Aggressive" Tune, so far, I'm not impressed with it, the performance tune seemed to add more get up and go ! Maybe I need to invest in some new tunes !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007
4.6L Member

I got my injectors rebuilt and flow matched and I am getting almost 25mpg on the HWY now, and like 20 in town. Accurate Injector Service - Fuel Injector Cleaning - Fuel Injector Balancing

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Where are your tunes from?

1965 Mustang Coupe

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwaterblvd View Post
I got my injectors rebuilt and flow matched and I am getting almost 25mpg on the HWY now, and like 20 in town. Accurate Injector Service - Fuel Injector Cleaning - Fuel Injector Balancing
I've been thinking of doing this too. Pretty happy with it??

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007
4.6L Member

Big time happy even if u have new injectors they can get them within 1% u are lucky to be within 4-5% with out of the box ones.
But I tuned with a diablosport certified dyno tuner, he got me 5hp from 3800-5800 over the original tune gains but adjusting my fuel it seems like fords tend to run rich with mods he had to lean it out twice before he go it perfect.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Big time happy even if u have new injectors they can get them within 1% u are lucky to be within 4-5% with out of the box ones.
But I tuned with a diablosport certified dyno tuner, he got me 5hp from 3800-5800 over the original tune gains but adjusting my fuel it seems like fords tend to run rich with mods he had to lean it out twice before he go it perfect.
Did you buy new ones or send yours in to be refurbished?

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007
MACH I Member

Wow, $25 per injector? How often do the injectors need to be replaced anyway? I wouldn't know how to remove one either.

2005 GT coupe
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007
4.6L Member

Sent in mine with over 100k miles and they came back like new and also they gave me a dyno printout of before and after mods, and how the gain in flow and matching improved; they were like as far off as 5%, dirty as hell, and they got them all within 1%. They also found about that one of them was acting real funny and found what looked like a bug in the injector filter and the scary part is I have changed out my filter every 3K since it was new I am the original owner.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007
4.6L Member

Around 100K but if u are looking for max performance u may want to do it. But I think u just need to go to a good tuner u are prob running rich which they can work out if u get a tuner or have one. But 4.10's are not going to ever give u good mileage on the HWY not too bad in town but not HWY driving.
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1213 View Post
Wow, $25 per injector? How often do the injectors need to be replaced anyway? I wouldn't know how to remove one either.
Once the fastener is removed they pull right out and you can pop them off the rail with your finger.

1965 Mustang Coupe
4.6L Member

Yea and when u put them in use some light motor oil on the o-rings to put them back in, and remember if u think u have messed one up "O-ring" u prob have.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Looks like these guys use the ASNU fuel injector flow bench & ultrasonic cleaning machine to do their injectors, in which case I highly recommend their injector service. If anyone in this forum ever needs to acquire an ASNU machine, talk to me or visit my site. I've been an authorized ASNU distributor for 17 years.

13 Shelby GT500 - SVT Perf Pak - SVT Trak Pak - Electronics Pkg w/NAV - Leather Recaros - JL Audio Stereo Upgrade
4.6L Member

Yea and they are real cool about talking to you the owner was a big time racer and retired with this business. If you do the next day air they get it back to u next day they got me back all of my my injectors within 4 days and I live in SC; I did spend a little on the shipping charges but it was worth it. They also did my wifes 90 eclipse turbo with 220K on them at the same time and got even better results with her injectors. If u do decide to use them just say Lance Merolli sent u their way from the forum.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Damn, hijacked again !
4.6L Member
S197 Member

you bought a "performance" car, did "performance" mods to it and now you're worried about fuel economy? you got to be kidding right?
drive the **** out of it, it's a sports car

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page