LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowstang View Post
for doing 50 in a 25, $108 fine...

Damn... All I have to say is where is that? I got a 140 dollar ticket for doing 77 in a 65. Haha, I wouldnt be too mad with that :P
It was in sinking spring down the road here somewhere, I keep playing around with him a little and he never says anything back so I'm not sure exactly where in sinking spring. I'm curious about it too as that place is full of lights and full of dumba**es who can't drive, either pull out infront of you or go 20 under the speed limit.

2005 Ford Mustang GT *Black Sunshine*
Current Mods: head & taillight covers, red tri-bar pony floor mats, sequential tail lights, chrome skull & flame pedals, red wire covers, underhood billet caps/covers
1990 Ford Mustang LX Convertable *White Lightning*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelers View Post
Before my daughter got her licenses I would pick her up once in a while in my '30 Model A street rod. You shoudl have seen the looks and fun she would have the next couple days.

I just noticed your up in Reading, I'm down here in K of P.
A '30 model a I'm restoring a '30 model a pick up. Any pics of your street rod. My grandfather has 9 antique cars, and LOVES model a's. He bought a car for all 4 grandsons. My brother has a '31 coupe, my cousin mike has a '31 coupe as well, my other cousin steve gets the '30? 4-door sedan, and of course I get my pick up. He also has my FAVORITE, creme color '28 phaton (love that car, keep bugging him if I could have the phaton instead but alwell the pick ups awesome too lol). All of his cars are all original. But would be yeah it would be awesome to see some pics of your street rod. And you don't live that far away. Are you going to the all ford carlisle show this year? I'm going and taking my baby along.

Current Mods: head & taillight covers, red tri-bar pony floor mats, sequential tail lights, chrome skull & flame pedals, red wire covers, underhood billet caps/covers
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black05Pony View Post
Be careful making bets with your dad like that.

When I was in school I had a buddy show up with his hair shaved to look like he had gone bald. The top of his head was bald and he had hair around the sides.

He said he lost a bet to his dad.

Dads can be so awesome sometimes.
Ouch. I'll remember that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandil View Post
My dad wrecked a bran new car INTO a county cops squad car. I never let him live that one down.
Ouch again. What car was it? I hate remembering this and bringing it up but the first week we had the stang, my dad drove it to work. Came home, I gave her a bath and noticed on the bottom of the front bumper, my baby had a big scratch on her chin. Dragged my father out of the house and pointed, and it turns out *someone* had a hit a traffic cone on the way to work that day. I know mistakes happen some time but it was day time with the sun shining bright outside when that happened, how the heck do you not see a bright orange traffic cone??? And it's not like there was only one cone either. There was a coule of em there...another thing to pick on my father with...

PONY Member
S197 Member

My youngest son came to live with me this past August and at the same time my oldest turned 18. There I was with an extra $1025 a month. Just before Christmas I bought jake a 95 Stang V-6 beater. I drove a little bit and it really was a POS but he so proud that his 1st car was the same as his dad's (me) a mustang. I hated that he was proud of a POS. So I picked him up after school in early Dec last year, which was unusal that I would pick him up. He thought he sas in some deep doo doo but couldn't figure out why. So he asked "dad, am I in trouble". At that point I had to yank his chain. I told him that we were going to see a child psych., where we actually were going was to the ford place to spen some of that $1025. When we pulled into the ford dealership he is really confused now.
I get the saleman to get me the keys to a (I think they called it a program car) It had 5k on it and waslisted for 24k. but was still on the roll as new. we get in and Jake says "Dad? what are you doing". I said "buying your graduation present. He said "but I don't graduate for 2 1/2 more years" I told him "well it will be nice and broken in for you.

Since the day we took it home all I have heard is non-stop car talk. million questions and most repeats about my first mustang, and whats and ovehead cam motor, etc, etc................... Of course with him having his learners permit there is a never ending list of errands that we have to run , EVERYDAY when I get home from work...........

Do you think he may just like cruising around..........lol

Now I'm not sure I want him to have it. It would kill me if he got hurt in that thing doing stupid stuff I've done when he was with me ie: street racing, doughnuts, burnouts and the list goes on........I am not so sure I'm as smart as I think I am......

2014 GT Black 6R80

2006 Mustang GT Tungsten ,auto, C&L Racer, BBK LT and O/R "X", LCA's, 4.10, CDC Shaker, CMCV deltes, COmp127200 cams, PI 3000 tq con

1/8 mile 7.83 @ 89 mph
1/4 mile N/A
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Musclestang View Post
A '30 model a I'm restoring a '30 model a pick up. Any pics of your street rod. My grandfather has 9 antique cars, and LOVES model a's. He bought a car for all 4 grandsons. My brother has a '31 coupe, my cousin mike has a '31 coupe as well, my other cousin steve gets the '30? 4-door sedan, and of course I get my pick up. He also has my FAVORITE, creme color '28 phaton (love that car, keep bugging him if I could have the phaton instead but alwell the pick ups awesome too lol). All of his cars are all original. But would be yeah it would be awesome to see some pics of your street rod. And you don't live that far away. Are you going to the all ford carlisle show this year? I'm going and taking my baby along.
I will be at Carlisle if Uncle Sam leaves me alone long enough. I do have some pics of my A but not on disk, they are from the late 80s. I think I still have the original instrument panel and float. Yor grandfather got you guys started off right. Great projects. What engin does your pick up have?

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelers View Post
I will be at Carlisle if Uncle Sam leaves me alone long enough. I do have some pics of my A but not on disk, they are from the late 80s. I think I still have the original instrument panel and float. Yor grandfather got you guys started off right. Great projects. What engin does your pick up have?
She's got the original flathead motor in her. I'm doing a frame up restoration. Right now, she's basically the cab on the frame, with the engine, and the wheels. She was the elk point? (I think is the exact name of the color) dark green. Then I'm going to sandblast the frame and cab. Whoever had her before put cement on the driver side at the bottom right infornt of the door! Pain in the a** to get rid of. So far I'm thinking of painting her the coach maroon with black fenders and that. That color is beautiful on the model A's. I'll try to post a few pics of all my grandfather's cars later on if my computer decides to work.

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry5357 View Post
My youngest son came to live with me this past August and at the same time my oldest turned 18. There I was with an extra $1025 a month. Just before Christmas I bought jake a 95 Stang V-6 beater. I drove a little bit and it really was a POS but he so proud that his 1st car was the same as his dad's (me) a mustang. I hated that he was proud of a POS. So I picked him up after school in early Dec last year, which was unusal that I would pick him up. He thought he sas in some deep doo doo but couldn't figure out why. So he asked "dad, am I in trouble". At that point I had to yank his chain. I told him that we were going to see a child psych., where we actually were going was to the ford place to spen some of that $1025. When we pulled into the ford dealership he is really confused now.
I get the saleman to get me the keys to a (I think they called it a program car) It had 5k on it and waslisted for 24k. but was still on the roll as new. we get in and Jake says "Dad? what are you doing". I said "buying your graduation present. He said "but I don't graduate for 2 1/2 more years" I told him "well it will be nice and broken in for you.

Since the day we took it home all I have heard is non-stop car talk. million questions and most repeats about my first mustang, and whats and ovehead cam motor, etc, etc................... Of course with him having his learners permit there is a never ending list of errands that we have to run , EVERYDAY when I get home from work...........

Do you think he may just like cruising around..........lol

Now I'm not sure I want him to have it. It would kill me if he got hurt in that thing doing stupid stuff I've done when he was with me ie: street racing, doughnuts, burnouts and the list goes on........I am not so sure I'm as smart as I think I am......
I think what you did is awesome. And you got family into liking mustangs which is even more awesome. That's the way my father and I connect to eachother, through cars. He retired after 21 years in the marines about 4 years ago, and I was 13 and didn't know too much about my father. Now that he retired from the marines, he's home and the only thing we talk about is cars, mustangs and chevys. My mustang not only is my favorite thing in the world, a show car, my time to get away, etc. but it also brought my family and I together also. Every day we drive by a see a stang on the road, I always say the color, v6 or gt, and coupe or convertable. Now even my mom and 10 yr old brother know every option you can get on the 05-07 stangs LOL! We all "let loose" every once in a while, whether it be racing the little rice burner who thinks hes a jet just because he has an airplane wing on his trunk, or impressing the hot blonde walking on the sidewalk We all do that. If I had a son, I rather have him blow away some bowtie at the redlight then him doing drugs. I think you did an awesome thing. Be proud to have a blue oval family

post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Unhappy

Aw man, computer won't let me attach the pics of the cars

MACH I Member
S197 Member

I love that your Dad got "grounded". I would cross my arms, stand in front of him and shake my head.

Deadpan.

"Your mother and I are very disappointed in you. We expected more from you. Go to your room while we discuss this."

Even better, if his Mom is still alive, call her!!!

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Yeah my grandmother"s still alive, just not my favorite person to talk to. And if I would tell her that, I'd really be at the top of my dads crap list pretty quick, and my mustang woundn't move at all for a while because I bet my dad would drag me into the same boat he's in too if I did that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page