what companies make the hood struts - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

what companies make the hood struts

Just wondering , i know Redline,MRT,CDC (dont like the look really of the big bracket) and who else? Anyone found any that just dont work for very long or have had problems with them. I saw where MrV had to file down a bit on his and am wondering if anyone has had to replace due to a non working condition or something. Also besides Ebay does anyone know where the best prices are at? I HATE the prop rod but dont want to throw away a $100 bill either, i could put it to much better use! Brent

2005 Mustang GT-SHR 1/4 louvers -GT500 pedals-AGENT47 Mirrors-shorty Antenna-Redfire Plenum-"BOSS 429" Scoop-Painted Silver Racing Stripes (Ford Ultra Silver Met)-CDC Classic chin-Redfire valve covers-Sequential taillights-REDLINE Elite hood struts -MAG shock tower covers-HURST short throw shifter-SCT XCAL2 -Tune by Brenspeed-BORLA exhaust -C&L Street CAI-AR Dale Jr KILLER chrome 18x8 Wheels-TOYO Proxes4 255/45ZR18-Steeda UDP-Adj Panhard bar-Eibach springs & struts- JM castors-Billet knobs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

I have only seen those two types. Redline dosen't have a big bracket but does have a long cylinder. It seems that, that is the going price.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007
S197 Member

I went with the MRT hood struts and have been pleased with them. Very easy install and no drilling. I wasn't crazy about the big bracket when I saw it. I got the powdered coated black and after installing the brackets don't jump out at you like I thought they would.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

If you handy with tools you could use the bracket to as a template and make your own and cut side down on a angle. That would make it less visual and either paint or power coat them.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007
Apprentice

I went with the Steeda ones (without the logo). They are working fine and no installation problems. Simple bolt on procedure.

"Safety Fast"

2008 Bullitt, #0546, Black
2005 GT Coupe, Performance White
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to pkstanger
what companies make the hood struts-steeda_hood_strut_kit_550.jpg

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007
MACH I Member
S197 Member

I have the struts from Steeda. They're easy to install. So far no issues. They were a gift otherwise I would have bought either the MRT or CDC. Nothing against Steeda. I just think they're over priced. Plus they put their "Steeda" label upside down on the strut.

06 GT Premium, Windveil Blue, Auto, IUP
Mods: Midwest Auto Gear Engine Plenum Cover, Sequential Taillights, Demolet Tunable CAI & SCT Tune, CDC Quarter Window Louvers, Billett Aluminum Interior Items, 8" Shorty Antenna, Powder Coated Valve Covers, Braided Hoses, Flowmaster AT, California Dreamin' Hood, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Honeycomb Rear Decklid Blackout Panel, 35% Window Tints, SHR Lower Grill Inserts
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007
S197 Member

I have had the RedLine hood lift kit for about 2 yrs. no with no problems. One of my first mods. They were only around 69 bucks at the time. No bracket either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page