Pics Of What I Have My Eye On And My Test Drive Impressions! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Love the black one much more!! Very classic looking!
Red is nice just too bold for me! Go for the one you
truly like you can't go wrong!!

Can life get any better????
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FuzzyDice
I'm going to definitely go through some angst over this decision...not about the color but about weather or not to trade in my Acura TL for A Ford Mustang.

I really like my Acura, which makes sense or I would not have bought it...lol. But I have always wanted a convertible at least once in my life. And when the redesigned Mustangs came out in '05 I really liked them. The Mustang GT was my 2nd choice when I bought my Acura TL.

As with any decision there are pros and cons. The Mustang convertible would definitely be more fun, it's a sports car and looks like one...but I know that overall my Acura is probably a higher quality car. Although I do know that American manufacturers have improved by leaps and bounds in the past decade.

If the dollars don't come out the way I want them to then my decision will be made. If they do, it's more angst....lol.

I'm going to buy a few lottery tickets during the days of my decision making....lol....because I would love to have both cars. But without a quick 30,000.00 windfall or so, that's just not possible. And it would be foolhardy to take that much cash out of my investment account just to have a 2nd car....it's not like I have a zillion dollars in it to begin with...lol.

Oh the pain of decision making.....

2007 GT convertible - black 5 speed MT: charcoal aluminum panel, black/dove int, anti-theft, cloth top, GT appearance pkg, MODS - MGW shifter, CDC Conv Light Bar, Pony 12V plug, Shelby Hood Pins, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Steeda Strut Tower Covers, FRPP GTA's, CDC Classic chin spoiler, GT500 spoiler, Agent47 Mirrors, 18" Chrome DD bullitt rims/Continental tires, C&L CAI, Infinity speakers, RoadWire 2-tone leather interior, 4.6 badges, Dyno Tune-Mongillo Motors-New Haven-CT-301 rwhp/297 rwt
V6 Member
S197 Member

Are you looking for a little rough fun.. or are you looking for a bit more comfort. I think if you look at it that way you would have your answer..

The Mustang not a 'refined' car by any means. It is a true american sport/pony/muscle car. With that you don't have some of the comforts of a Acura but is a lot more fun to drive. It is fast, fun and seems to be a very realiable car.

S197 Member

You know you want the Mustang...just buy it!!

The black one of course.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Are you going to take a financial hit on the car? If not, then go with the black one. I, of course, don't have to clean it.
If you have to take a financial hit, I'd say stick with what you have. You made a decision and it's usually better to stick with your first choice.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myltlpny View Post
Are you going to take a financial hit on the car? If not, then go with the black one. I, of course, don't have to clean it.
If you have to take a financial hit, I'd say stick with what you have. You made a decision and it's usually better to stick with your first choice.
myltl.....excellent advice....If I can get from one car into the other with no financial hit, or a very small easy to deal with one, then I'm probably going to go for it. If I have car payments for a 4 year loan that are equal or a little less than what I have now, then there is nothing stopping me, at least not financially.

As for the black color and keeping it clean...my Acura is a dark gray metallic so it's nearly as hard to keep clean as black, so I am used to it. I just utilize the touchless car wash a lot and it looks great for about a week, a little longer in the Summer unless pollen is everywhere...lol. I also try to have my car fully detailed twice a year.

I love the look of that black Mustang, especially with those rims. Those rims are such a throwback to the old Crager mags in the 70s...not sure you would remember those though....lol. And I love the thought of being able to drive a convertible this Summer.

Like I said, wish there were a way I could have both cars, one for my wild side and one for my refined side....sort of like, sometimes I like listening to AC/DC and other times I like listening to James Taylor....lol.

But I thank all of you for your input....you all are very helpful. I could care less about JD Power, Consumer Reports, etc. I like to read what people that actually are driving the cars on a daily basis have to say.

2007 GT convertible - black 5 speed MT: charcoal aluminum panel, black/dove int, anti-theft, cloth top, GT appearance pkg, MODS - MGW shifter, CDC Conv Light Bar, Pony 12V plug, Shelby Hood Pins, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Steeda Strut Tower Covers, FRPP GTA's, CDC Classic chin spoiler, GT500 spoiler, Agent47 Mirrors, 18" Chrome DD bullitt rims/Continental tires, C&L CAI, Infinity speakers, RoadWire 2-tone leather interior, 4.6 badges, Dyno Tune-Mongillo Motors-New Haven-CT-301 rwhp/297 rwt
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyDice View Post
myltl.....excellent advice....If I can get from one car into the other with no financial hit, or a very small easy to deal with one, then I'm probably going to go for it. If I have car payments for a 4 year loan that are equal or a little less than what I have now, then there is nothing stopping me, at least not financially.
I love the look of that black Mustang, especially with those rims. Those rims are such a throwback to the old Crager mags in the 70s...not sure you would remember those though....lol. And I love the thought of being able to drive a convertible this Summer.
Remember the Crager mags? I grew up with them. When I was a kid it was either Crager or Centerline racing wheels. We jacked'em up at the rear only, added some slapper bars and if you really wanted to look the part, you added wheelie bars. Proper engines projected through the hood and stereos had only four speakers.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
I grant you are not likely to find my Stang at your local dealer, but here it is. Obviously, I am biased towards the black, but I also have the red interior (I do love red, so I had to have it in some degree).

The addition of the light bar and a vstrut tower brace has really stiffened up the vert.

I drive with the top down nearly all the time.

You definitely get used to the clutch in no time.

I do have 20" wheels...but if I were to do it again, I owuld 18".

I am shy a few options I like (i.e. heated seats, power passenger seats, NAV, cloth top, etc), but this car is fun.

So in short, go with the black...enough said.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01183.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	25895   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01182.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	25896  
Apprentice
S197 Member

Go for the black one!!! My vert is black(no shaker hood). Black is a b_tch if you don't know how to care for it.
It took me hours and hours of polishing(Porter cable orbital) to get rid of my 'dealer installed' swirls etc.....but now it looks incredible.
Black is worth the effort.

2006 Black GTA Premium Vert

Mods:
JLT CAI/Bama 93 race Tune/ Taillight trim/Trunk Letters/painted calipers/CDC Classic Chin Spoiler/Ford Exhaust Tips/Pony emblems/Sequential Taillights
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

You know MrV....those 20 inch rims look pretty damn good on your car however....must be the style of the rims. Black with the red interior would be my first choice but they are hard to find which means I would have to order one.

I also like the calipers painted red or gold with the black exterior. I have seen a couple of black Porsches with gold calipers and I thought they looked pretty hot. That might look a little ricey on a Mustang though. So I would opt for the red I think.

How much of a mod are the light bar and vstrut tower brace you are referring to ? I would imagine that's not cheap....

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyDice View Post
You know MrV....those 20 inch rims look pretty damn good on your car however....must be the style of the rims. Black with the red interior would be my first choice but they are hard to find which means I would have to order one.

I also like the calipers painted red or gold with the black exterior. I have seen a couple of black Porsches with gold calipers and I thought they looked pretty hot. That might look a little ricey on a Mustang though. So I would opt for the red I think.

How much of a mod are the light bar and vstrut tower brace you are referring to ? I would imagine that's not cheap....

Thanks for the compliment on the wheels. I think the red calipers look better than the gold, but your choice. Yes, the black with red interior was hard to come by, I just got lucky.

The light bar (the roll bar looking thing) was about $450 to purchase and about $300 for installation. The strut tower bar (polished bar picuted below) was $230 to purchase and about 10 min. to install.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	05_12_06_2004.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	25900   Click image for larger version

Name:	05_12_06_2002.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	25901  
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

MrV...not as expensive as I thought it would be. I think the light bar looks really cool as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page