Amazing Upgrade For The V6 Mustang! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Amazing Upgrade For The V6 Mustang!

We actually were talking about this a few weeks back. Many people are trying to get the vid-poster to let us know what the customer spent on this setup.

YouTube - 2006 Mustang - Was a V6

Here's the associated text:

We have a 2006 Mustang at our shop that the customer drove straight from the dealer. There was only about 30 miles on this car. The whole drivetrain was ripped out. In its place a Ford Racing 460 crate motor, a 6speed manual trans - yes I said 6 speed, aluminum driveshaft, 9" rear end(don't know the ratio), and custom headers/ 3.5" x-pipe exhaust with cutouts. We only have a few things left to do to it. AC lines have to be made so it would be ice cold in the summer, and get the factory tach to work, being the engine computer still thinks it a 4.0L. It has a dual quad intake and sounds nice. Sorry my camera doesn't get the full sound of it but damn. It will set off car alarms going down the street

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack View Post
We actually were talking about this a few weeks back. Many people are trying to get the vid-poster to let us know what the customer spent on this setup.

YouTube - 2006 Mustang - Was a V6

Here's the associated text:

We have a 2006 Mustang at our shop that the customer drove straight from the dealer. There was only about 30 miles on this car. The whole drivetrain was ripped out. In its place a Ford Racing 460 crate motor, a 6speed manual trans - yes I said 6 speed, aluminum driveshaft, 9" rear end(don't know the ratio), and custom headers/ 3.5" x-pipe exhaust with cutouts. We only have a few things left to do to it. AC lines have to be made so it would be ice cold in the summer, and get the factory tach to work, being the engine computer still thinks it a 4.0L. It has a dual quad intake and sounds nice. Sorry my camera doesn't get the full sound of it but damn. It will set off car alarms going down the street
Thats not an upgrade. Thats a totally different motor.:eyepoppin It would be great if you could get us the prices for this job. Thanks.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

If you can call that an "upgrade" it sure is an enormous one! A custom job like that has got to cost thoooooooooooousands and thousands of dollarini's.

Black 2005 Mustang v6, 5 speed, IUP, EUP and Leather.

Razzi 1/4 window scoops, Mustang GT Sway Bars, Flowmaster American Thunder Single Exhaust, Clear Front Turn Signal Lenses, Demolet CAI, X-cal2 91 tune, Hurst Comp/Plus Shifter, FRPP T-Lock, Ford 3.73 gears

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black05Pony View Post
If you can call that an "upgrade" it sure is an enormous one! A custom job like that has got to cost thoooooooooooousands and thousands of dollarini's.
I see the point, but it has moved out of V6 territory altogether. The tragedy of jobs like this is that they should be made using Carbs with a manual choke which allow that animal mother to run on a variety of fuels and fuel blends, eg Street gas, alcohol, a mix, higher octane blends etc.

Instead they are just hooked up to run on 93 Street.

Pity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page