2007 Mustang GT: What mod to do next? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattH42004 View Post
Yes, you'll definatley notice a difference. It doesn't matter how much power you make if you can't put it to the ground. Control arms should eliminate the wheel hop you probobly get when you try to launch the car. They also do a lot to stabalize the car at higher speeds. It's kind of hard to explain, but the car will feel more "connected" to the road at all times. Relocation brackets for the LCA's also make a big difference, but they're a little more drastic, and you'll get a lot more road noise and a rougher ride.
I'm betting that wheel hop is that 'skipping' feeling I was getting when the car was switching gears when I would gun it at a stop light.

2005 Sonic Blue GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
S197 Member

Tuners

Does anyone know of an experienced tuner in the Madison, WI. area? I would like to change the factory idle settings.

07 GT premium in Grabber Orange. 5spd. manual w/ a few bolt-ons.
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgard07 View Post
Does anyone know of an experienced tuner in the Madison, WI. area? I would like to change the factory idle settings.
You might try www.performance-plus.com

1965 Mustang Coupe

Apprentice
S197 Member

The rear suspension on the Saleen/Parnelli Jones car really looks sweet! I don't think it is, but it looks like it's getting close to IRS.

'05 GT 'vert Prem, 5-sp man, Torch Red, 2010 tail lights, Flowmasters, Foose Legend Whls, Continental extreme contact, Eibach pro anti-sway + springs, KYB's.
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachhat2 View Post
The rear suspension on the Saleen/Parnelli Jones car really looks sweet! I don't think it is, but it looks like it's getting close to IRS.
It's still a 3-link live axle.

1965 Mustang Coupe
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwilly43729 View Post
I'm betting that wheel hop is that 'skipping' feeling I was getting when the car was switching gears when I would gun it at a stop light.
You want to see some serious wheel hop...watch the chase scene in the movie Bullitt (scene 14 on the DVD) when McQueen puts it into reverse after he over shoots a corner. Serious hop with lots of smoke.

I can feel the difference after I put on my LCAs. It's hard to explain, but like some of the guys have said, it feels more connected. When you hammer the throttle, the bushings don't squish as much and the car feels real sure footed and tracks in a straight line better.

06 Stang GT, Yeah I got stuff! Check out my profile for the low down.
Apprentice
S197 Member

I'm sure it's a much better 3-link than what it came with...:-\

'05 GT 'vert Prem, 5-sp man, Torch Red, 2010 tail lights, Flowmasters, Foose Legend Whls, Continental extreme contact, Eibach pro anti-sway + springs, KYB's.
S197 Member

I vote for a rubber upgrade if you haven't done that. 235's are not enough in my opinion.
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06hoss View Post
You want to see some serious wheel hop...watch the chase scene in the movie Bullitt (scene 14 on the DVD) when McQueen puts it into reverse after he over shoots a corner. Serious hop with lots of smoke.

I can feel the difference after I put on my LCAs. It's hard to explain, but like some of the guys have said, it feels more connected. When you hammer the throttle, the bushings don't squish as much and the car feels real sure footed and tracks in a straight line better.
Do the UCA too and you'll be amazed how much wheel hop was still left in the car after doing the LCAs

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page