Steeda Ultra Lite Springs.... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Steeda Ultra Lite Springs....

How's it going everyone,
I'm seriously considering getting the Steeda Ultra Lite Springs with the D-Spec Shocks and Struts & I was wondering if any of you guys had this setup on your Stang's? Brenspeed claims that the springs will lower the Mustang 1.0" Front and 1.25" Rear, which would be perfect for me.
They claim they provide a nice ride and I know the D-Specs are adjustable, this seems like a real nice suspension package. For anyone who has the Steeda springs with the D-Spec's or another shock/strut combo, I was wondering how you like them and how they truly look/ride? If anyone has any pictures of them installed on their car that would be great too. I did a search and didn't come up with what I was looking for. Thanks again for the previous help everyone. ~Chris

2014 Mustang GT 5.0 Track Pack Coupe (6-speed manual) with a Steeda CAI, SCT X4-BAMA 93oct Race Tune, AirAid Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer, JLT Passenger Side Oil Seperator, Magnaflow Street 3.0" Into 2.75" Catback System, MBRP XP Series 3.0" Into 2.75" Aftercat H-Pipe, The Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum 3.5" Driveshaft, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter with Steeda Black Cue Ball Knob & Billet Collar, Steeda 2-Post Bracket, Steeda Lower Control Arms & Steeda Hood Struts. 409 RWHP/392 RWTQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Anybody? Does anyone at least know someone with these springs? I really, really need some advice on this. Money is limited right now because of my trucking school & I don't wan't to buy this stuff before talking to you guys. With my luck I won't like them after there installed, once that happends I can't get my money back.
Please, any help at all would make me feel alot better about buying this stuff. Thanks in advance-

2014 Mustang GT 5.0 Track Pack Coupe (6-speed manual) with a Steeda CAI, SCT X4-BAMA 93oct Race Tune, AirAid Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer, JLT Passenger Side Oil Seperator, Magnaflow Street 3.0" Into 2.75" Catback System, MBRP XP Series 3.0" Into 2.75" Aftercat H-Pipe, The Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum 3.5" Driveshaft, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter with Steeda Black Cue Ball Knob & Billet Collar, Steeda 2-Post Bracket, Steeda Lower Control Arms & Steeda Hood Struts. 409 RWHP/392 RWTQ
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007
J&D
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris's06GT View Post
Anybody? Does anyone at least know someone with these springs? I really, really need some advice on this. Money is limited right now because of my trucking school & I don't wan't to buy this stuff before talking to you guys. With my luck I won't like them after there installed, once that happends I can't get my money back.
Please, any help at all would make me feel alot better about buying this stuff. Thanks in advance-
You will be OK with the Steeda springs. The drop is exactly what Steeda claims. The Tokico struts are also the best for what you want.
Do not forget to add the strut mounts, adjustable panhard and the camber bolts. If you are short on cash, save your money and get all at once, otherwise, you will have to tear the suspension apart.

2005 GT Premium, windveil blue, silver GT-style painted stripes, BBK CAI and Shorty Headers, Cat-back Bassani exhaust system. SCT Performance Tune. 20" Shelby Razor wheels,14" eradi-speed rotors, Tokico DSpec shocks, steeda sportlite springs, BMR suspension bars.

Member MCOH
Member MCA

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris's06GT View Post

At the risk of getting blasted by other AFM members, let me throw in my $.02. For what it's worth, I'm not a big poster on this site, and seem to have more luck killing threads than contributing to them!!! But, I still enjoy checking it out and doing some research on future mods- there are some very knowledgable and friendly folks who post here. However,(and here comes the contentious part), bear in mind that anyone can post anything on these forums.....I could tell you I tried the Steeda springs and they were total junk......or i could say They work great, but you should spend another $5000 on suspension mods to make them work right (like I did...or did I?) No offense to anybody....I'm not questioning anyones integrity, and I know everyone is here to help, but ultimately I use this forum as an information source and not a decision source. Sorry for the rant, but sometimes all the conflicting info is frustrating for someone seeking a straight answer. There's a lot of hard core guys out there with seemingly limitless budgets....(If it's any consolation, this is a pet peeve for me because I'm looking to do the same mod as you,and still haven't figured out who's giving the straight story!!!! No mod shall go on my baby until I'm 100% sure!! Good luck!)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Ultra Lites and D-Specs will give you whatever ride you are looking for. The Ultra Lites do not drop the car that much so although it stiffens the ride, it does not make it harsh (matter of opinion of course). The great thing about the D-Specs is that you can adjust them to the point that you almost have a stock feel or tighten them and have a hard ride. This also depends on the type of roads you are driving on. The stance of the Ultra Lites is exactly what I was looking for. Also note that I installed LCAs, LCA Relo Brackets, Adj UCA, and Panhard bar at the same time. I'm very satisfied with the outcome.

12.4 @ 111mph

Saleen S/C, Thump Tensioner, BGG 8 Rib, Kooks, Stingers, Gords, 4.10, Spec 3+, Pro 5.0, GT500 FPs, GT500 T/B, Ultralite Springs, DSpecs, Prothane Mounts, BMR - Adj. Panhard Bar, LCAs, LCA Relo Brackets, Adj. UCA, Rear Sway, Sway Delete/Rad Support
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

You guys are awesome!! Thank you so much for the pics! They look great, that's exactly the height I was looking for. Not too low and not too high, that's perfect
I'm new to the whole forum thing... I was just reading the threads for the first couple of months before I signed on just to get an Idea and I really thought most of you were/are cool. I just figured I would ask someone who has this setup personally just to see what I'm getting myself into. Basicly I didn't want to just go out and buy them without at least talking to someone first.
As stated above, I think I will save for a few more weeks so I can get the entire package and do it all in one shot. Besides, It will be warmer then too
If anyone else has or used to have these springs/shocks/struts and wants to comment that would be great, If not thats ok. Thanks again everyone, I'm pretty siked now

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page