07 Console removal question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007 Thread Starter
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

07 Console removal question

I am planning on using a Sirius Stiletto satellite radio until I can afford a new head unit. I was hoping to put the antenna on the back seat shelf and run the wire under the console and into it where the power plug and Aux jack are. But looking at the console and the Ford shop manual diagram it appears to me that even if I remove the console there is no way to get the wire into the console without drilling a hole in it. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

2007 Redfire V6 5 speed, GT axle back muffler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007
GT Member
S197 Member

you should have just got the satelite radio with the car it was only $195.

2007 grabber orange mustang gt prem 5 speed automatic, interior upgrade package, sirus satelite radio, slp loudmouths, , 14 inch shorty antenna, 18x9 afs machined black mach1 wheels, cdc classic chin spoiler, saleen heritage rear spoiler. Agent 47 retro mirriors, bmr strut tower brace, jagger brothers splash guards. Custom painted stripes , kooks 1 5/8 long tube headers, kooks catted h pipe, steeda delete plates, c&l racer intake.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldschoolV6 View Post
I am planning on using a Sirius Stiletto satellite radio until I can afford a new head unit. I was hoping to put the antenna on the back seat shelf and run the wire under the console and into it where the power plug and Aux jack are. But looking at the console and the Ford shop manual diagram it appears to me that even if I remove the console there is no way to get the wire into the console without drilling a hole in it. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.
Are you only wanting to run the cable under the console to the back seat? Or are you trying to install something in the console cubby? Either way, you should be able to. The console cubby has a little door just behing the ebrake.

I'm not at home to see the service manual, but I've had the full console off numerous times. It's two pieces. First the top one which has two screws on the top rear where the console cover opens. Pull up on the rear and then the front and pull the rear again towards the front of the car to get it to slip over the handbrake which is engaged. Once that's off, there are two nuts in the console itself, under the little carpet that just pulls out. There are also two screws in the front under the headunit. You have to take off the two panels to the right and left of the headunit by pulling them off toward the rear of the car. Then lift the console from the rear to slip over the hand break. Make sure you disconnect the cable from the power outlet first though.

Now you should be able to run any wires from the headunit under the console. I'm getting ready to do something similar by running my linelock wire under the console to install the switch. Hope this helps.

12.4 @ 111mph

Saleen S/C, Thump Tensioner, BGG 8 Rib, Kooks, Stingers, Gords, 4.10, Spec 3+, Pro 5.0, GT500 FPs, GT500 T/B, Ultralite Springs, DSpecs, Prothane Mounts, BMR - Adj. Panhard Bar, LCAs, LCA Relo Brackets, Adj. UCA, Rear Sway, Sway Delete/Rad Support

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Yeah, the little door. I ran my Ipod wire through that so I can plug my Ipod into my Alpine head unit and stash it in the console. I dont know about going from the little door to the back seat though, i've never explored that territory.

Black 2005 Mustang v6, 5 speed, IUP, EUP and Leather.

Razzi 1/4 window scoops, Mustang GT Sway Bars, Flowmaster American Thunder Single Exhaust, Clear Front Turn Signal Lenses, Demolet CAI, X-cal2 91 tune, Hurst Comp/Plus Shifter, FRPP T-Lock, Ford 3.73 gears
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black05Pony View Post
Yeah, the little door. I ran my Ipod wire through that so I can plug my Ipod into my Alpine head unit and stash it in the console. I dont know about going from the little door to the back seat though, i've never explored that territory.
Can't unless you drill the back of the console. I'm thinking just remove the console and run the cables under it and then re-install it.

12.4 @ 111mph

Saleen S/C, Thump Tensioner, BGG 8 Rib, Kooks, Stingers, Gords, 4.10, Spec 3+, Pro 5.0, GT500 FPs, GT500 T/B, Ultralite Springs, DSpecs, Prothane Mounts, BMR - Adj. Panhard Bar, LCAs, LCA Relo Brackets, Adj. UCA, Rear Sway, Sway Delete/Rad Support
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007 Thread Starter
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

I found the door and that should give me all the room I need to run the wires and store the radio in the console cubby. Thanks

2007 Redfire V6 5 speed, GT axle back muffler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page