Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2005-2010 Mustang Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/)
-   -   CDC Lid Panel and Hood Pin Installed (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/76955-cdc-lid-panel-hood-pin-installed.html)

MakeMyStang 04-13-2007 10:03 PM

CDC Lid Panel and Hood Pin Installed

6 Attachment(s)
Today I received and installed the trunk Lid Panel and wanted to share them with you
Car was parked in the garage so it was tough to get some good pics and will post others when I get it to a park or someplace.

Panel and Pins are from Classic Design Concepts.

Hood Pins are mounted, I just gotta fasten the pin cables under the hood.

Still gotta due the fender pony flags.

mrvandermey 04-13-2007 10:08 PM

451 Attachment(s)
Looking good. I like the rear panel, nice touch. Can not wait to see the fender emblems. By the way, mine came in today, but the company sent me the wrong ones.

stlwagon 04-13-2007 10:14 PM

852 Attachment(s)
Very nice... How much grief did that fake gas cap give you?

white angel 04-13-2007 10:17 PM

Wow great job there!! Looks very nice!! Wonder what that
would look like with my stripes in the rear?? Love those
hood pins, Ahhh one day!! Congratulations!!!!!

pcfrisch 04-13-2007 10:21 PM

Is that tube in the left tail pipe some kind of HP booster?

MakeMyStang 04-13-2007 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvandermey (Post 639166)
Looking good. I like the rear panel, nice touch. Can not wait to see the fender emblems. By the way, mine came in today, but the company sent me the wrong ones.

That stinks, they sent you the wrong ones. Are the going to replace them with the correct ones? I posted a pic on your Mod thread of what they should look like.

Thanks for the compliments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlwagon (Post 639176)
Very nice... How much grief did that fake gas cap give you?

fake gas cap came off pretty easy, what I use was one of those paint can openers (the ones you get free from Lowes) cause it has that hook on it. So did not have to touch the car paint at all. However, that double sided black tape was a challange to take off, used rubbing achohol 91% to break down the rubber, and oops to remove the self adhesive glue. That was to most time consuming of the entire job.

CDC sell the lid with or without the GT badge, which the badge is the same as the fender ones, so I elected to get it without the badge. Figure I can always add one when I change out my fender GT for the Pony Flag emblems.

MakeMyStang 04-13-2007 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcfrisch (Post 639188)
Is that tube in the left tail pipe some kind of HP booster?

Yep, shots fireballs. :gringreen

Just to holdmy tape while preparing the work.

pcfrisch 04-13-2007 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakeMyStang (Post 639198)
Yep, shots fireballs. :gringreen

Just to holdmy tape while preparing the work.

It all does look nice, I like the exhaust too.

MakeMyStang 04-13-2007 10:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by white angel (Post 639182)
Wow great job there!! Looks very nice!! Wonder what that
would look like with my stripes in the rear?? Love those
hood pins, Ahhh one day!! Congratulations!!!!!

Thanks for the compliments Angel. Cannot wait to get pics of her out side with the car cover off because I think it will look good in contrast to the Black Cloth top.

By the way, my gals painted louvers were suppose to be in today for her coupe, but FedX did not pick up the package in time in CA so now it is schedule for 4/17. It is a suprise for her.

Ah but did get a pic of her taking her car for a ride today. 2005 with 1,800 miles on it. She is also a grandmother of 2.

white angel 04-13-2007 10:51 PM

I was wondering why there were not pics in your gallery yet!!

Funny how when we want or are waiting for something, Fed Ex
and/or UPS seem to screw up or take forever!! UGH!!!

Nice stang and picture there!!

Looking forward to more pics in your gallery!!

stlwagon 04-13-2007 10:54 PM

852 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MakeMyStang (Post 639194)
That stinks, they sent you the wrong ones. Are the going to replace them with the correct ones? I posted a pic on your Mod thread of what they should look like.

fake gas cap came off pretty easy, what I use was one of those paint can openers (the ones you get free from Lowes) cause it has that hook on it. So did not have to touch the car paint at all. However, that double sided black tape was a challange to take off, used rubbing achohol 91% to break down the rubber, and oops to remove the self adhesive glue. That was to most time consuming of the entire job.

CDC sell the lid with or without the GT badge, which the badge is the same as the fender ones, so I elected to get it without the badge. Figure I can always add one when I change out my fender GT for the Pony Flag emblems.

For future reference... Napthalene works real good at getting that stuff off and it won't harm the paint.

FuzzyDice 04-14-2007 12:26 AM

I really like the hoodpin things....really reminds of the old muscle cars. I think that is something I'd like to do or have done.

Really cool look.

MakeMyStang 04-14-2007 10:16 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Ok all, as I promised at the beginning of my thread, I finally got her out to take to the park for pics. I wanted to take it to the beach to do the pics, but figured it would be crouded and would do that on the weekdays "when I get a day off".

So I took the pics to show how it look with the top up and down with the light bar

Here are the new cdc hood pins, fuel door, and trunk lid panel.

Silly thing I did was I now use this a to cover my plate, and absolutely forgot to take it off on my way home. about 3/4 of the way home I said oh CHIT I think I left the plate covered, good cause to get stopped.

So I think :headscratch: now I might need to change the spoiler color to flat black to further complement the panel, vert top, light bar. I do have a OEM spare spoiler I bought "it is Per White" but need some one to paint it flat black, and the body shop I spoke to really does not want to :cursing: mess with flat black coz of dust, and fiberglass static.....

Opinions wanted on getting the flat black spoiler...........

pcfrisch 04-14-2007 10:42 PM

IMHO it wouldn't look good with a black wing, to me it would look as if it were an aftermarket add on.
But that is just my 01 cent.

stlwagon 04-14-2007 10:46 PM

852 Attachment(s)
I don't know... I think it might look pretty good. I do like that mach1 look. You could always paint your hood scoop black too.