Haven't seen one of these in awhile...A mustang from the "mustang II" era - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

my brother picked up this 302 78 Mustang II and for the longest time didnt want to do anything to hurt the value of it but as we know they never really brought any big money. Now he has done alot in the last 5 years...347 stroker running 10.60s/6.80s having fun!
check him out...MustangII on 2 wheels

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5_touched_1164763588.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	26566  

Saleen S/C 3.2 pulley. Chris Rose tune.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
S/[email protected]/[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to ArtDisco Send a message via Yahoo to ArtDisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMach View Post
my brother picked up this 302 78 Mustang II and for the longest time didnt want to do anything to hurt the value of it but as we know they never really brought any big money. Now he has done alot in the last 5 years...347 stroker running 10.60s/6.80s having fun!
check him out...MustangII on 2 wheels

Now...you GOTTA respect that!

Keep in mind that all American auto makers were in big trouble in the 70s, quality issues, fuel crisis and starting to feel the pinch of the Japanese, it's surprising that at least Chrysler didn't go out of business. Yeah, the Mustang II was a glorified Pinto, but Chevy built the Vega, and the Camaro was a 2 ton white elephant. AMC darkened the American auto manufacturer's door with the Pacer and the Matador...ech!!!

Not to offend anyone who likes these cars, just adding my opinion. Then again, I was 5 years old in 1974...so what do I know?

BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

thank you car turns heads. clean little ride.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.

MACH I Member
S197 Member

Look and weep gentlemen! That wasn't so long after the "cool" Mustangs were out there. In five to ten years, that will be the [sob] s197-II.

We'll be so happy to have bought ours when we did.

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasusphototx View Post
'78 Mustang II Hatchback was my first car. It was white with red interior. Standard 4 speed / 4 cyl. I still love that car, although it didn't stand up well to the head on crash I subjected it to! I have a plastic model of that year that I need to build. Ah, memories!
I found your car!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pinto Mustang 1.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	26651   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pinto Mustang 2.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	26652  

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

thats too cool

S197 Member

My first brand new car was a 77 black/gold Cobra II. Very front heavy. Rear springs had to be replaced. Burnt oil from day one. Fun to drive though in a straight line. Does not come close to the current S197 though. Handles way better and even the the 4.6L is smaller it has about twice the power.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMach View Post
thats too cool
It's an abandoned vehicle, in a gas station parking area . Been there a while and has two "Move-it-or-we-tow-it" stickers on the driver's window.

S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack View Post
It's an abandoned vehicle, in a gas station parking area . Been there a while and has two "Move-it-or-we-tow-it" stickers on the driver's window.
Dude, other than the bottom being red, that's it!

I wish I could tow it off for them!
Apprentice
2.3L Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Back in high school and college, a pal had one of these beasts - IN THAT COLOR. Robin's egg blue exterior, interior, steering wheel, carpeting, everything...in baby blue. Granted, I was driving a Plymouth hatchback at the time - but it was black, dammit!

One night, he was driving a few of us, including a new boyfriend of a girl we knew. New Guy got into the car, looked around, and made a comment we still talk about over a few drinks.

"Phil. Your car. It's so f*!king BLUE."

As for the Mustang II - my theory is, it was the seventies. People were wearing polyester and hanging out at discos. AMC was building both the Pacer and the Gremlin. It could have been worse. And, above all else, it's still a Mustang. It grows on you. Just not in that color.
PONY Member
S197 Member

2 of my friends had them in the late 80's. One was a pokey 4 cyl and the other was an 8cyl. That think was actually kind of quick. It would smoke the tires like crazy. It was a plast doing donuts in something so short.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page