Liquid Clay Bar from Turtle Wax - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Liquid Clay Bar from Turtle Wax

Went to the advance auto today to pick up a clay bar system by Mequires and saw this new product called Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Clay Bar and is applied with the sponge applicator.

It comes in liquid form, same as the Turtle Wax Ice Polish bottle so I figure I try it because it appeared to be safer to use then the traditional clay bar. (mind you, I cringe to think I would mess up the car with the traditional one).

Tried it out (on my 92 Olds first, aka test car for products I buy) to see if it would mess up the paint or anything.
Worked real well and cleaned up a lot of junk, expecially that it a daily driver stored outdoors.

After using it, I then applied the turtle wax Ice Polish and it came out real nice.

any one else try it? This is the first I seen of it in the stores. BTW 16oz was on sale from $19 to $15, comes with sponge appllicator.

To few to mention, actually to lazy to
01 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Silver (His Daily)
05 Mustang V6 Coupe, 5 sp - Redfire (Her Toy)
06 Pontiac Solstice Vert 5 sp - White His Roadster
07 Mustang GT Vert, 5 sp - Redfire His Toy
09 Hyundai Santa Fe - White Metallic (Her Daily)
11 Chevy Silverado 5.3L ExtCab-Light Gray (His)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007
C5D
Apprentice
S197 Member

Glad to hear that you like the Turtle product.

Having an applicator would've help me from swearing so loudly when I dropped my brand new Meguiars clay bar on the ground. >

'06 Clearcoat Black/Dark Charcoal Leather/Parchment Vinyl Top.
C&L CAI, BrenSpeed Tune, Pro5.0 Shifter, Steeda Sport Springs, Tokico D-Spec Struts/Shocks, Eibach Caster Camber Bolts
EPA Estimates say 17/25...so why am I getting only 13? Oh...wait...nevermind.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007
Apprentice
S197 Member

No kidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5D View Post
Glad to hear that you like the Turtle product.

Having an applicator would've help me from swearing so loudly when I dropped my brand new Meguiars clay bar on the ground. >

I used it on my black 07 GT and it worked fine but since I keep it polished on a weekly basis, or at least used "Ice" on everything weekly, it wasnt in need of clay.

But no one should worry that they will ruin there car using a real clay bar. The Meguiar's bars are great, and as long as you use the quick detailer that comes with it, you can rub till you wore out.

But as said, drop it on the ground, even slightly, and you just did it in!
I havent dropped a brand new one yet, but have dropped a slightly used one. I could only cringe when I imagined how my shiney black paint would have been ruined if I used it no matter how you clean it.

But when my GT was brand new "8 months ago, it needed serious clay to get the crap of it where ever it came from.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1765.jpg
Views:	2875
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	26952   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1768.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	26953   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chevy DOOM.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	26954  

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007
GT Member
S197 Member

I use the meguiers next gen wax it is a paste comes with applicater too and it leaves a really good shine. It is about 15 bucks for it.

2007 grabber orange mustang gt prem 5 speed automatic, interior upgrade package, sirus satelite radio, slp loudmouths, , 14 inch shorty antenna, 18x9 afs machined black mach1 wheels, cdc classic chin spoiler, saleen heritage rear spoiler. Agent 47 retro mirriors, bmr strut tower brace, jagger brothers splash guards. Custom painted stripes , kooks 1 5/8 long tube headers, kooks catted h pipe, steeda delete plates, c&l racer intake.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
I used it on my black 07 GT and it worked fine but since I keep it polished on a weekly basis, or at least used "Ice" on everything weekly, it wasnt in need of clay.

But no one should worry that they will ruin there car using a real clay bar. The Meguiar's bars are great, and as long as you use the quick detailer that comes with it, you can rub till you wore out.

But as said, drop it on the ground, even slightly, and you just did it in!
I havent dropped a brand new one yet, but have dropped a slightly used one. I could only cringe when I imagined how my shiney black paint would have been ruined if I used it no matter how you clean it.

But when my GT was brand new "8 months ago, it needed serious clay to get the crap of it where ever it came from.
Your cars shine looks just fantastic. I been using the ICE Polish since new, and use it like 2 to 3 times a month, and it looks great also. The ICE Liq Clay works well to get those little specs out. I am real impressed with the 2 products.

What I love about the ICE Polish, you can use it on anything, (Paint, Plastic) and no powder residue.

Just this weekend I applied Mcquires NXT on top of it, and it looks and feels great.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo07stang View Post
I use the meguiers next gen wax it is a paste comes with applicater too and it leaves a really good shine. It is about 15 bucks for it.
It is a great product, I just used the liquid form, and no white power.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007
S197 Member

I love the Turtle Wax Ice - Liquid Polymer, it works great and is extremely easy to apply/wipe away.

I wish I knew about the Turtle Wax Liquid Clay Bar. I just went to the auto parts store on Monday and purchased the Mother's Clay Bar Kit, simply because it was the only one they had.

In fact, I had to ask the guy at the counter if they had any. He had to go to the back to get it, becuase it just came in and they had not put it out on the shelves yet.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007
Rookie
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Sumguy30 Send a message via Yahoo to Sumguy30
Now is this stuff something you actually wash your car with? On cars that I've had before the Mustang, I've always just run it thru a carwash. I dont think I want to do that with the Mustang. So what all do you use to wash your car and what kind of material wont scratch the paint...like a towel or something when drying?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumguy30 View Post
Now is this stuff something you actually wash your car with? On cars that I've had before the Mustang, I've always just run it thru a carwash. I dont think I want to do that with the Mustang. So what all do you use to wash your car and what kind of material wont scratch the paint...like a towel or something when drying?
I use a microfiber washing mit and towels, they don't scratch and dry 100 times better than a chamois cloth.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
PONY Member
S197 Member

kind of strange that this came up...i was going to clay my car this weekend...it will be the first time that i have done this...i have been using ice polish for about 6 months now..have always been happy with t he results ..so i will look for the liquid clay this weekend..thanks for the tip

2006 Torch Red GT 5 speed Black Leather Shaker Hood Scoop CAI black spoiler mirror covers shorty antenna black billett fuel door mustang license plate brackets
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumguy30 View Post
You do not use the ICE products wash your car, the ICE Polish is to be used just like you would wax a car. Car must be prewashed.

Of course wash car with a good car washing liquid, such as Mcquires, or equiv. (Do not use househole stuff such as dish soaps).
As pcfrisch states, Microfiber, ect.
If you need, the CLAY if needed follow directions.
Then ICE POLISH (again follow directions), and use a little at a time, a few drops. I would say for my whole car I use approx 1/2 oz for the entire car, easy on, easy off, no powders, and can be used on plastic trim also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfrisch View Post
I use a microfiber washing mit and towels, they don't scratch and dry 100 times better than a chamois cloth.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrickert View Post
kind of strange that this came up...i was going to clay my car this weekend...it will be the first time that i have done this...i have been using ice polish for about 6 months now..have always been happy with t he results ..so i will look for the liquid clay this weekend..thanks for the tip
It is a new product (ICE CLAY), I believe just came on the market when I saw it in the auto store. As all new products, they had it on sale from 19.99 to 14.99.
I like the applicator idea, instead of dropping a clay bar and bye bye to it as one of the prior posters stated.

At least the applicaor can be replaced, or really washed out good. I cut mine in half, so I can always turn it inside out when using.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page