Opinions On Prothane Engine Mounts - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Opinions On Prothane Engine Mounts

I've been looking at the prothane engine mounts. I noticed some members on here have them. What are your opinions or thought's? I figure the soft factory mounts might not last long anyway. Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStang06 View Post
I've been looking at the prothane engine mounts. I noticed some members on here have them. What are your opinions or thought's? I figure the soft factory mounts might not last long anyway. Thanks,
My opinion is that they are a must for anyone who wants to shift fast and hard and/or thinks you should be able to tell that a car is running by feel...

You will feel the engine more, particularly when it is cold and starting up, but overall, the car is still smooth - at least as smooth as your engine - keep it clean, gap the plugs, keep it running smooth and you won't really notice it except that 3rd gear is always where you left it...

Downside is changing the clutch if you do that sort of thing yourself is already fun given the tight trans tunnel - the engine will lean back even less and give you less room to work...

Even for the DD - I would not go back...

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

I have them waiting to install the same time I do the headers. I have to loosen them up so I might as well change them and headers altogether.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
I have the prothane mounts and the k-member brace with torque limiters installed. It really rattles my teeth in the morning on cold starts but really firmed up shifts and tightened up the drivetrain.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Thanks guys, I had the energy suspension mounts on my last fox body. I just hadn't heard any good or bad comments for the 05-07.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page