How do you remove a GT grille? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

How do you remove a GT grille?

Any pointers appreciated!

2006 Redfire GT Vert Auto, every factory option, 490rwhp JDM Saleen SC, One piece driveshaft, Steeda ultralight springs - rear adjustable UCA and LCAs, CHE relo brackets, Granelli front cross-member, Intrax sway bars, Tokico dampers, Hawk brake pads, Shelby Redline wheels and Nitto tires, GT500 exhaust, FRPP 3.73's, Pioneer AVIC-D3 navigation head unit, and Saleen HID headlights. See profile for appearance mods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Maybe this will help.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf removal-grill.pdf (86.5 KB, 164 views)

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007
S197 Member

and here I thought I was going to get to buy a torch.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myltlpny View Post
Maybe this will help.

Thanks for the instructions. Hmmm, it says remove the bumper cover -- OUCH -- sound like work!!!

Got instructions for that? Better yet, can it be done without removing the bumper cover?

2006 Redfire GT Vert Auto, every factory option, 490rwhp JDM Saleen SC, One piece driveshaft, Steeda ultralight springs - rear adjustable UCA and LCAs, CHE relo brackets, Granelli front cross-member, Intrax sway bars, Tokico dampers, Hawk brake pads, Shelby Redline wheels and Nitto tires, GT500 exhaust, FRPP 3.73's, Pioneer AVIC-D3 navigation head unit, and Saleen HID headlights. See profile for appearance mods
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007
Apprentice
S197 Member

Removed my grill and did not need to remove the bumper cover. From what I remember,I took off the radiator cover,and covered the bumper with painters tape(so not to scratch it) and just pulled on the grill. Thats right ,give it a good pull starting from either side. The clips that hold it in place flex so if you take your time no problem.
Are you modding the grill or replacing with another?
Took mine out to empty out the honeycomb and paint gloss black.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Nose 4-07.JPG
Views:	773
Size:	625.9 KB
ID:	26834  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

yeah there is some flex and slop in the grill. But as stated...start at one side and work your way around with the tabs..
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Yes, it can be done on the car. With the radiator cover off you can reach in and depress the tabs without breaking them. The .pdf I posted is more helpful in that it shows where the tabs are.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05capepony View Post
Removed my grill and did not need to remove the bumper cover. From what I remember,I took off the radiator cover,and covered the bumper with painters tape(so not to scratch it) and just pulled on the grill. Thats right ,give it a good pull starting from either side. The clips that hold it in place flex so if you take your time no problem.
Are you modding the grill or replacing with another?
Took mine out to empty out the honeycomb and paint gloss black.
I'm toying around with the idea of sending it out to be chromed. Can't find an aftermarket solution I like. A little hesitant as it may look over the top and there will be no contrast with the running horse. Thoughts?

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by $teve View Post
I'm toying around with the idea of sending it out to be chromed. Can't find an aftermarket solution I like. A little hesitant as it may look over the top and there will be no contrast with the running horse. Thoughts?
Hey, tryout http://www.uniqueautomotivedesigns.com/prd_MBLMS.shtml

I'm going for the pony with a skull head, background tungsten grey w/black flames!!

Peace....The MadMan :smoke:
Current: 2008 Tjaarda 350T
K&N CAI - Eibach Springs|Baer 14 Zinc Coated, Slotted & Drilled Rotors|6-Piston Front Calipers|GT Legends with Nitto NT-555 255/35ZR20 Front and 275/35ZR20 Rear|Custom side exhaust|Molded Front Fascia|Hood|Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels|Lower Side Scoops|Rear Fascia|4 Ion Crystal Fog Lamps|2.5 PIAA Extreme White Driving Lights
Sold: 2006 Premium Tung Grey GT - 5 speed
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric The MadMan View Post
Hey, tryout http://www.uniqueautomotivedesigns.com/prd_MBLMS.shtml

I'm going for the pony with a skull head, background tungsten grey w/black flames!!
That would be bad ass looking

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page