Easiest way to get a polished tip for a 2006 Mustang GT 'vert (NO CLAMPS!)... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007 Thread Starter
C5D
Apprentice
S197 Member

Easiest way to get a polished tip for a 2006 Mustang GT 'vert (NO CLAMPS!)...

I have the stock mufflers on my 08' GT 'vert, and the drab looking tips are beginning to bug me a little. At this point, I don't mind the stock sound, and really not interested in making it any louder (but if push came to shove, I would'nt really mind a louder sound that much).

What is the easiest way to get a polished tip? I don't like the clamp on variants because you can see the clamps.

Can I take the car to a standard exhaust shop and get them to cut the old tip off and weld in a polished tip? How much will that cost?

Or, am I better off getting replacement mufflers because it won't cost that much more?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

'06 Clearcoat Black/Dark Charcoal Leather/Parchment Vinyl Top.
C&L CAI, BrenSpeed Tune, Pro5.0 Shifter, Steeda Sport Springs, Tokico D-Spec Struts/Shocks, Eibach Caster Camber Bolts
EPA Estimates say 17/25...so why am I getting only 13? Oh...wait...nevermind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
You should be able to get some 4" SS tips welded on without too much difficulty. Check http://search.autoanything.com/?retu...y=exhaust+tips for some ideas.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

So you already took delivery on an '08? Wow.:eyepoppin

I like the flowmaster tips, but from what I hear you get drone.......

Good Luck.

'06 GT Vert Torch Red/Black top/int, IUP, Polished Bullits, , PioneerInfinityMTX Sound System, Tuneable Induction by DeMolet, SCT2 93 Octane Tune by Brenspeed, Red Calipers, Steeda Ultra Lites, Shifted by Hurst,

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007
God
Rookie

If you get a new exhaust, JBA has really cool tips. Thick rolls and very shiny. JBAs are not much louder but I think my custom ones are cooler. They just sound so much better than stock.

Here's a pic of the JBA tips.

And a video of what my custom exhaust sounds like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev1FoHWPZXM

Muuuuch better!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rolled tips.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	567.3 KB
ID:	26813  

Creator of the Universe, all things great and small and you.

Do unto others as you would have me do unto you.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I suggest Shelby GT500 stock cat back exhaust -- a Ford racing upgrade you can do yourself. A little bit louder, but modest -- I like them better than stock.

I paid ~$260 from ninosport.com shipped.

2006 Redfire GT Vert Auto, every factory option, 490rwhp JDM Saleen SC, One piece driveshaft, Steeda ultralight springs - rear adjustable UCA and LCAs, CHE relo brackets, Granelli front cross-member, Intrax sway bars, Tokico dampers, Hawk brake pads, Shelby Redline wheels and Nitto tires, GT500 exhaust, FRPP 3.73's, Pioneer AVIC-D3 navigation head unit, and Saleen HID headlights. See profile for appearance mods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page