A Mustang Weekend! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
S197 Member

A Mustang Weekend!

It was a great weekend for doing the Mustang thing.

I started off on Friday with a cruise-in here in town. I got lots of positive feedback on the hood pins. Even the kids enjoyed it.

Saturday was the first Show of the season, held on the Coastguard station in Yorktown. It's a great location, a campus setting right on the water. The temperature was perfect. I didn't win anything at this show last year, but with food, a great location, and a live band, you couldn't loose. This show has a top 100, and since 95 cars showed up this year....well let's just say competition wasn't fierce. Lots of neat cars of all years, makes and models, including 2 Ferrari's, an F-430 coupe (whom it turns out I have mutual acquaintance with) and an F-430 Spider.

Sunday was a club show put on by the Mustang Club of Tidewater (one of two Mustang clubs I belong to) held at the Bass Pro Shops in Hampton. Not a bad location, although I'm going to start carrying my 10 x 10 canopy with me at all times. The temperature wasn't bad, but the sun got to be a bit much. This was a judged show and I managed to pull off a first place trophy . Again, lots of neat cars. The guy behind me was a show noob with a very clean California Special. There were 3 Cobras, including 1 convertible. And one of my favorite cars, a Lotus Elise. Can anybody say 400hp skateboard? There was a cobra replica next to that, the owner of which also had a mutual acquaintance of mine. A freak gust of wind picked my hood up off the prop rod and it would have fallen if a spectator hadn't caught it. I was very grateful, indeed.

It was good to see some of the people I'd met last year. I go to these shows to meet the people and see the other cars, the trophies are just the icing on the cake. All in all, a nice weekend.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Yorktown.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	267.9 KB
ID:	26804   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hampton.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	285.5 KB
ID:	26805  

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Great job David... I would have expected nothing less than first place

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

AWESOME!!! I am so happy for you!! You definetly derserve
it!! You have one of the sharpest rides here!! Congratulations!!

Can life get any better????

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Nice job on the win!

I must've seen one of those Ferraris in Portsmouth one day. Can't imagine there's too many in HR. I'm gonna have to keep a closer eye on the Mustang club website, especially when my car finally comes in...

Just a little side note - I turned into a parking lot at work today to check out an Alloy v6 and saw a red '69 a few spaces down (only cell phone pics, sorry). If anyone can appreciate that little highlight of the day I know you guys can.

'07 GT Deluxe - Alloy - IUP - Shaker 500 - 3.55 axle
Ordered: April 4, 2007
Build week: April 23
Delivered: May 5

SSS Adrenaline series mufflers, shorty antenna
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_Ford View Post
Nice job on the win!

I must've seen one of those Ferrari's in Portsmouth one day. Can't imagine there's too many in HR. I'm gonna have to keep a closer eye on the Mustang club website, especially when my car finally comes in...

Just a little side note - I turned into a parking lot at work today to check out an Alloy v6 and saw a red '69 a few spaces down (only cell phone pics, sorry). If anyone can appreciate that little highlight of the day I know you guys can.
As I was pulling into a car show last year in Grafton, I was right behind an F430. I thought, "Here's my chance to see one up close at the show". Big disappointment. They were going shopping at Food Lion. I ask you, WHO GOES FOOD SHOPPING IN A FERRARI? AT A FOOD LION, NO LESS!
As for the Mustang clubs, the Mustang Club of Tidewater (to which I belong), and the Southeast Virginia Mustang Club seem to be the biggest in this area. I also belong to the Stylin' Stangs club which meets in Grafton every month.
And, yes, I certainly appreciate a '69 Mustang wherever they are. I'd love to find one to fix up. Just don't tell my Wife....:eyepoppin

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007
PONY Member

The car looks really nice-no wonder she took first! Congrats!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myltlpny View Post
As I was pulling into a car show last year in Grafton, I was right behind an F430. I thought, "Here's my chance to see one up close at the show". Big disappointment. They were going shopping at Food Lion. I ask you, WHO GOES FOOD SHOPPING IN A FERRARI? AT A FOOD LION, NO LESS!
As for the Mustang clubs, the Mustang Club of Tidewater (to which I belong), and the Southeast Virginia Mustang Club seem to be the biggest in this area. I also belong to the Stylin' Stangs club which meets in Grafton every month.
And, yes, I certainly appreciate a '69 Mustang wherever they are. I'd love to find one to fix up. Just don't tell my Wife....:eyepoppin
You'd think they'd drive a Ferrari to Harris Teeter or Farm Fresh at least . Sounds similar though..whoever the guy was that I saw was picking his wife up at a store in Churchland.

Saw another classic today at work, this one was a red '67 convertible 289 that the guy is selling for $12,000. Apparently it's been used as mostly a daily driver. Would definately make a nice fixer upper.

'07 GT Deluxe - Alloy - IUP - Shaker 500 - 3.55 axle
Ordered: April 4, 2007
Build week: April 23
Delivered: May 5

SSS Adrenaline series mufflers, shorty antenna
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

congrats! perfect weekend for the shows

Saleen S/C 3.2 pulley. Chris Rose tune.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
S/[email protected]/[email protected]
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMach View Post
congrats! perfect weekend for the shows
Oh, yes. Especially on Saturday. The show site had lots of trees, so plenty of shade or sun, whatever your choice.
I will be certain to bring my awning in the future, though. The temperature was nice, but the sun got to be a bit much on Sunday.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page