Engine Bay Detailed - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Engine Bay Detailed

Took about three hours but I think it came out pretty good. Finally finished all the mods I will do for this season. And yes I am crazy,I waxed everything I could reach in the engine bay.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WMS Top.JPG
Views:	452
Size:	637.2 KB
ID:	26817   Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine 4-07a.JPG
Views:	1996
Size:	670.9 KB
ID:	26818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine 4-07.JPG
Views:	941
Size:	676.7 KB
ID:	26819  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007
Snackmaster

Wow. You can tell you really spent some time in there! I love the look of the Velocity Stack.

Nice Job!

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Looks great!
There's nothing like a clean engine bay to finish off a nice car.
Good Job.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Very nice... But you should unwrap your airfilter. It'll run a lot better

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

What's on the filter is an "Outerwears Pre-Filter". No air restriction and protects the filter from dirt,bugs whatever... Take it off no difference and it is easy to clean vs cleaning the filter.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

looks great! alot of black cars had primer showing thru the color. did you touch up any of the black?

Saleen S/C 3.2 pulley. Chris Rose tune.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
S/[email protected]/[email protected]
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05capepony View Post
What's on the filter is an "Outerwears Pre-Filter". No air restriction and protects the filter from dirt,bugs whatever... Take it off no difference and it is easy to clean vs cleaning the filter.
No kidding?? I've never heard of that. Do they make them for cone filters too?

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007
PONY Member

Amazing job. What products were used, and on what? Everything really looks better than new.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
No kidding?? I've never heard of that. Do they make them for cone filters too?
Take a look at www.outerwears.com they probally have one to fit your filter. Adds a great look and protects the filter..
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65205 View Post
Amazing job. What products were used, and on what? Everything really looks better than new.
Washed the engine bay first. Then used a leaf blower to get rid of the standing water.Polished all the black with Mequires Polish, then waxed with Meguires. All the rubber was detailed with Meguires tire polish. Scuffed up a couple nuckles,but I think it was worth it. I try to do this once a month. Keeps everything looking new.
PONY Member

Quote:
Washed the engine bay first. Then used a leaf blower to get rid of the standing water.Polished all the black with Mequires Polish, then waxed with Meguires. All the rubber was detailed with Meguires tire polish. Scuffed up a couple nuckles,but I think it was worth it. I try to do this once a month. Keeps everything looking new.
Thanks for the info,I'll try not to be a pest, but...do you lay anything over the fenders to prevent scratching? When I clean the engine bay I can't seem to reach anything w/o touching the car and black paint is so unforgiving. Also, my car has a great deal of powdery dust around the spark plugs,I've thought of using a vacuum attachment, but maybe the leaf blower would work before the wash? Again, I'm really impressed with your car and thanks.

Last edited by 65205; 04-24-2007 at 08:46 AM. Reason: sp
PONY Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Beautiful engine bay man! Good job on the detailing.

2005 Ford Mustang GT *Black Sunshine*
Current Mods: head & taillight covers, red tri-bar pony floor mats, sequential tail lights, chrome skull & flame pedals, red wire covers, underhood billet caps/covers
1990 Ford Mustang LX Convertable *White Lightning*
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65205 View Post
Thanks for the info,I'll try not to be a pest, but...do you lay anything over the fenders to prevent scratching? When I clean the engine bay I can't seem to reach anything w/o touching the car and black paint is so unforgiving. Also, my car has a great deal of powdery dust around the spark plugs,I've thought of using a vacuum attachment, but maybe the leaf blower would work before the wash? Again, I'm really impressed with your car and thanks.
I just use some old bath towels and put on the fenders and grill area. That way I know it somewhat protected,but with Black looking at it wrong scratches the paint.
S197 Member

Quote:
Looks great!
When you say you washed the engine bay first, do you mean you actually spray the hose in there? If so, do you spray a jet stream or more of the shower stream? Do you worry about getting any particular parts wet like the spark plugs or battery connections? My engine bay is really clean...but it's not that clean. You've given me inspiration but I don't want to screw something up by getting the wrong things wet.

When I had my '04 in the manual it outlined what parts should be coverred up when cleaning the engine. I haven't checked the new one but I just cleaned the motor last week and used the same principle. Covered up the battery, fuse box, etc. Sprayed it down with some simple green then rinsed it off with the light spray setting at the car wash.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page