2007 Mustang GT exhaust recomendations - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

2007 Mustang GT exhaust recomendations

I'm looking at upgrading to axle backs to pick up a few ponies. What I don't want is LOUD. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Has anyone tried the Edelbrock mufflers?

07 GT premium in Grabber Orange. 5spd. manual w/ a few bolt-ons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007
DGS
Apprentice
S197 Member

I have a 07 GT 5-Speed and just upgraded to the Ford Racing M-5230-GTA it's the same exhaust that's used on the Shelby GT.
It's a little bit louder with no resonance or rumbling in the car at all.
I don't know if it adds any HP but it looks good too.
If you want before and after pictures let me know and I'll send them.
I bought mine from Ninosport for $279.95 and installed it myself in about 30 minutes.
It was easy and you don't have to jack up the car if your not to porky..............................
Ya I said PORKY!

2007 GT/ GTA Mufflers/ Hurst Short throw/BMR Lwr & upper adj.control arms/ BMR Adj. panhard rod & brace/ Prothane motor mounts/FRPP 4.10 & LPW cover/ Steeda CMDP/Eibach suspension kit/BMR Lwr control arm brackets/ Powerhouse driveshaft with safety loop/Steeda UDP/ Mezeire electric h20 pump, Mishimoto Aluminum radiator/ C&L Racer with SCT2 tuning by Brenspeed.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007
S197 Member

I haven't tried the Edlebrocks, I've the the FRPP Stingers which are loud. I'd probably go with the GTA's like DGS mentioned, or maybe even Corsa's, but they cost a pretty penny.

One thing though, you won't really pick up any horse power from axle-backs. It might feel like it, but it's mainly a placebo effect to do the louder exhaust. You might find around 1 or 2 horses, but that's it. Axle-backs are mainly for sound.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jre8806 Send a message via Skype™ to jre8806
I had the regular flowmasters on mine, gave it a nice rumble and wasnt loud at all. then i put a Bassani x pipe on it; got it louder but not ungodly loud. had a real nice idl rumble to it. got compliments on them.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" -Ralph Waldo Emerson
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007
MACH I Member

If you don't want LOUD, stay away from the SLP LM's. Check out some of the exhaust clips on the boards. That should give you a fairly accurate estimation on what you are looking for.

2005 Sonic Blue GT
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

CORSA FTW!! IMO

No drone... sound great and loud at WOT.... look great the 4" polished tips make me drool and I could even shave in them!!! IMO look much better than the GTA's. they are pricey....

2008 Shelby - L&M Engines - Lund Racing Tune - Corn Fed

Sold - 2006 GT -Vortech H.O S/C 06 GT - 4000LB 11.49 @ 121.45
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

What about Pypes Violators? How loud?

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007
PONY Member

Go to brenspeed.com for sound clips of the pypes violators. May be too loud for you. I personally loved my SLP's but those would be way too loud for you. I recommend FRPP Stingers. I absolutely love my Magnaflows with offroad exhaust. Not sure how they sound on a catted car.

Sold'86 GT Jalapeno Red 'vert, 200,000 miles Lots of Mods!!!!

2006 Mustang GT
C&L Racer, Eibach, SCT, CHE, CMCV Deletes, PRP, 4:10s on the way.

New toy:
1989 Mustang 2.3L Auto. 5.0 waiting in the garage...
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007
MACH I Member
S197 Member

JBAs are cooler looking and not any louder, I don't think.

Ford spent a million dollars developing the mufflers. Unless you want louder, I doubt we can help you. No one on here is spending a million bones on exhaust work to find out what's better.

Here is an exhaustive list of muffler and exhaust combos with video.
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ust-clips.html

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Thanks for the input. I'll probably go with the GTA's. Have CAI and tunes coming on Monday. This is turning into an addiction.

S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgard07 View Post
Thanks for the input. I'll probably go with the GTA's. Have CAI and tunes coming on Monday. This is turning into an addiction.

You haven't even gotten started yet

Magnaflow. Classic muscle car sound, tame up to about 3000 and then they get pretty mean sounding. Not loud compared to SLP LM or other similar types.
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgard07 View Post
What about Pypes Violators? How loud?
The Violators are loud but not nearly as loud as the SLPs.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Apprentice
S197 Member

My Flowmaster cat back really didn't make the car any louder but the X-pipe sure did

Magnacharger Roots type blower Intercooled with a 3.00 pulley, Steeda CAI, BBK Twin 62MM T/B, GT500 fuel pumps, 39# injectors, HTO plugs, BBK headers, Pypes off road X-pipe Flowmaster Catbacks, AEM Wideband A/F Gauge and boost gauge, Hurst shifter, CHE LCA's, CHE LCA relocation brackets, CHE panhard bar, Eibach Pro kit, BFG Drag radials,

464 RWHP 434 TQ
PONY Member
S197 Member

I have the Violators and I love them. They are not real loud but I like the sound. They are not nearly as loud as the SLP. Probably about mid way between the SLP and stock mufflers as far as loudness. Almost no drone.

2007 GT Coupe, Auto, Black, Dark Charc. Leather Interior
332 rwhp
307 torque
Mods: Exterior:18x9 front 18x10 rear DD Chrome Bullitt, Nitto 555's, GT/CS side scoops, CDC Classic Chin, Clear Side Markers Exhaust: Pypes LT Headers, Hi-Flow Cats, H pipe and Violators Engine: C&L Street (Chromed) w/ Brenspeed tunes, Chrome Valve Covers, MWG painted radiator cover and extensions, Custom polished/engraved strut tower covers, Chrome fuse box cover, billett fluid caps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page