What Does an S197 with 85,000 Miles and 850+ 1/4 Mile Runs Look Like? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

What Does an S197 with 85,000 Miles and 850+ 1/4 Mile Runs Look Like?

So my car made a couple of 11 second passes last week so as a reward for this performance I treated her to a week of pampering and luxury. I had noticed the paint was getting a little dull so it was time for some TLC, especially after she performed so well at the track. Up on jackstands she went. In addition to all new fluids and a new fuel filter she got the full 6-step Meguiar's treatment to the paint which included:

1. Wash.
2. Clay bar.
3. Meguiar's Professional Fine Cut cleaner/polish, 2 coats.
4. Meguiars Professional Swirl remover, 2 coats.
5. Meguiars Professional Glaze/Polish.
6. Meguiar's Gold wax, 2 coats.

That took a couple days with an orbital polisher. I also painted the calipers cleaned up the engine bay a bit. I even painted the inside of the wheel wells with rubberized undercoating paint. The stock plastic looked like poop. The interior got the full treatment as well. She looks like new again. It was really fun driving around today.

Some photos are here: Welcome to S197.com

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Very nice Dan... Mr V would be proud of you. What did the gas in that fuel filter look like?

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Indeed, I am proud of you, now she shows as well as she goes. Very nice job. So dont you feel better knowing your ba by is so clean and shinny (and the fact she does 11 second runs)?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007
Apprentice
S197 Member

Looks beautiful, especially for 85,000 miles and counting! 850 passes? You must live at the strip (which by no means is a bad thing). Kenne Bell, drool....

Proud Owner of a Legend Lime 05 GT
- Black Leather, 5 speed, IUP

Mods: Flowmaster Axlebacks, Black 8-inch Shorty, MGW Interior Parts, Ford Racing S.T. Brace, Midwest Mirror Inserts, WebElectric Sequentials, 20% Tint, 18" A.R. Shelby Torq-Thrust M's & Nitto 555's, MGW Shifter, Kenwood DVD Player & 3-way 6x9's, Tunable Induction CAI with JLP SCT Dyno Tunes (87 & 93), Roush Stg. 2 Suspension, BMR Adj. Panhard, Powerslot Rotors, Hawk Pads, Steeda S.S. Lines
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
Very nice Dan... Mr V would be proud of you. What did the gas in that fuel filter look like?
I took the old filter off and poured some gas out and thought, "stlwagon is off his rocker, this gas looks perfectly clean." Then I poured some out from the OTHER side. It looked like the darkest espresso you've ever seen, with the coffee grounds mixed in. It was horrific! CHANGE YOUR FUEL FILTER PEOPLE!!

By the way, how the heck did you break the green clip? Did you try pulling it instead of pushing it?

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey View Post
Indeed, I am proud of you, now she shows as well as she goes. Very nice job. So dont you feel better knowing your ba by is so clean and shinny (and the fact she does 11 second runs)?
My car is usually clean and shiny. But now it's MR.V clean. I got comments on it all day.

The very first time I went to the drag strip I was wiping dust from my car and some old geezer says, "this ain't no car show." I said, "if you're going to go fast you may as well look good doing it!" It's my motto to this day.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5twenty View Post
I took the old filter off and poured some gas out and thought, "stlwagon is off his rocker, this gas looks perfectly clean." Then I poured some out from the OTHER side. It looked like the darkest espresso you've ever seen, with the coffee grounds mixed in. It was horrific! CHANGE YOUR FUEL FILTER PEOPLE!!

By the way, how the heck did you break the green clip? Did you try pulling it instead of pushing it?
It snapped when I pushed on it. Must have been defective.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007
S197 Member

5twenty, how many miles since you added the KB? Are you using the supplied KB tune? I'm getting ready to take the KB plunge next year and seeing how good your car runs, with that many miles would make me feel that much better about my decision. My 05 only has 21,000.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BOMB View Post
5twenty, how many miles since you added the KB? Are you using the supplied KB tune? I'm getting ready to take the KB plunge next year and seeing how good your car runs, with that many miles would make me feel that much better about my decision. My 05 only has 21,000.
I have about 5000 miles on the blower and I am using the supplied KB tune. You won't be disappointed.

S197 Member

5twenty, thanks, next year I'm going to pull the trigger (putting lots of money into sand rail for that to happen now). Also some chassie mods and maybe paint work. The wife said I could get a new 500, but I'll be dammed if someone is going to screw me over that bad! I wouldn't pay more than a grand over sticker and we all know that's not going to happen......so I'll put 10K into my baby. My goal is to kill those dam Subi's, those things bug the **** out of me on the freeway! Can't seem to shake em!
PONY Member
S197 Member

Looks good and it looks good & fast :eyepoppin

I noticed your front license plate.......I wanna know what and how you did that. Won't be long, I suspect before getting stopped without having mine on.

I just have a hard time drilin' into my bumper and blocking that oh so wonderful air. Any tips??

Peace....The MadMan :smoke:
Current: 2008 Tjaarda 350T
K&N CAI - Eibach Springs|Baer 14” Zinc Coated, Slotted & Drilled Rotors|6-Piston Front Calipers|GT Legends with Nitto NT-555 255/35ZR20 Front and 275/35ZR20 Rear|Custom side exhaust|Molded Front Fascia|Hood|Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels|Lower Side Scoops|Rear Fascia|4“ Ion Crystal Fog Lamps|2.5“ PIAA Extreme White Driving Lights
Sold: 2006 Premium Tung Grey GT - 5 speed
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Thumbs up

She looks beautiful.

Wish I had the patience to polish mine like that!!

SOHC

President: Roamin' Ponies Mustang Club
Club Website:
2006 Vista Blue Mustang V6 Automatic w/3.31 gears
Current mileage: 175,000 miles
Pypes True Duals with "X" pipe & Street Pro Mufflers
GT Rear Bumper & Pony Spinners
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page