Serious bad luck with my newest mod,4th set on the way - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Serious bad luck with my newest mod,4th set on the way

I always get the uneasy,restless "kid in me" feeling when i have a new Mod coming or the UPS?FedEx trucks are in front of my house. Well for my birthday in March my wife ordered me the Silverhorseracing quarter window louvers. MARCELLO is the greatest too, he is the owner?/boss/i dont know really but he always answers the phone and deals with me. Always pleasant......so heres the deal. After the wife asked me several times "do you want these painted or not" i opted to have my guy do them here that has done all my stripes, mirrors etc before. So she orders the 2st set of louvers unpainted for me. They arrive in a few days and i get all excited/antsy and am sitting at the paint shop the next morning when they open. My guy says wow, gonna look REAL nice but i aint touchin em for under $175 (at that time the mask wasnt part of it,now SHR sends a mask) SO the miser in me says OK and i call Marcello and he says to send em back snail mail and he'll paint em. Not HIM but will have them painted so 9-10 days later i get my new ones that are painted and although for some they wouldve been fine but for me they werent up to par......... so i call Marcello he says no problem send em back and we'll credit you for the painting, which they did before they even got there according to my wife. Before i sent the painted set back i went to another quality shop,showed them the painted louvers from SHR and they said they could do it better than that and for $137. I still want these louvers so he sends me another UNpainted pair (3rd set hes sent) and i get them and take them to the painter. Explaining how i want them done to the lady writing the estimate, who i had shown the painted ones to. And now they send masks for the "see through parts" and showing her were they went and dont paint the back/inside and all that. So yesterday i get the call that theyd be ready on Tuesday just need to buff em out,get there, she says lets go see em,caus eshe knew i did.......guy walks out saying " i tried to do the best i could do because she said you were so meticulous and i had seen your car when you dropped them off,bada$$ car for sure" he says.........he goes into the other room gets the louvers and hands one of them to me.LOOKS GOOD!!!! Paint is perfect,no runs,all the little knooks and crannys are painted,FINE JOB!! I asked him when he was going to pull off the masks and told him to be carefull not to cause any peeling, he walks over to the bench and says "These" holding up the sheet of masks. LMAO and immediately sweat begins to pour as i look back down at the TOTAL painted louver i was holding. he painted the whole thing!! Had no idea they replaced the window glass. SO the lady and I and the painter go online to their site and i show her n him what is going on. He says he knows now,miscommunication but its costing her the monies for new ones.......so if any of you Redfires out there want some 1/4 window SHR louvers with no see through on them im sure she'll sell em instead of throwin em away. Marcello is sending out the 4th set this morning for me,directly to the body shop. I hope i dont have anymore problems cause i REALLY like the louvers. I must says the Mrs. Brent

2005 Mustang GT-SHR 1/4 louvers -GT500 pedals-AGENT47 Mirrors-shorty Antenna-Redfire Plenum-"BOSS 429" Scoop-Painted Silver Racing Stripes (Ford Ultra Silver Met)-CDC Classic chin-Redfire valve covers-Sequential taillights-REDLINE Elite hood struts -MAG shock tower covers-HURST short throw shifter-SCT XCAL2 -Tune by Brenspeed-BORLA exhaust -C&L Street CAI-AR Dale Jr KILLER chrome 18x8 Wheels-TOYO Proxes4 255/45ZR18-Steeda UDP-Adj Panhard bar-Eibach springs & struts- JM castors-Billet knobs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
That's quite the saga. Hope set #4 turns out to be the charm.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007
S197 Member

Wow, and I thought I had problems....

I had a leak in my passenger side louver when I installed them, and while trying to cut it out to re-install it, I cut into it. I got another one shipped to me, and got it installed without further issues.

Hope your next set is perfect!

-danny

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007
MACH I Member
S197 Member

wow, talk about a lot of work for two little louvres! I would love to have these Silverhorse louvres, but I would prefer mine be see through in all the right places.

2005 Mustang GT M5
-I reject your reality and substitute my own-
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

WOW!

I love those louvers.

Those are gonna look great on your pony!

I think I'll opt to have them prepainted, I'm not up for that much excitement!

SOHC

President: Roamin' Ponies Mustang Club
Club Website:
2006 Vista Blue Mustang V6 Automatic w/3.31 gears
Current mileage: 175,000 miles
Pypes True Duals with "X" pipe & Street Pro Mufflers
GT Rear Bumper & Pony Spinners
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007
PONY Member

What are these " mask's " you speak of?? Mine did not come with a set, or not that I know of?? And YES Marcello is an AWSUM person to deal with either on the phone, or e-mail.

tim

Legend Lime, GT , Tan Leather, Side Air Bags, IUP, Shaker 1000, 5 Speed
Sequential Lights Whooo Hoooo
LL #0018
I know there are faster cars - my penis still works just fine..."
Proud Owner of the New Edelbrock Supercharger, Serial #0001 signed by Vic Edelbrock!!
~pictures in gallery~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page