Stumbled onto defect database....now I need to ask - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FuzzyDice
Stumbled onto defect database....now I need to ask

I was perusing the site and ran across that database. Ummmm am I missing something here ? Almost everyone on here, includng myself, sings the praises of these S197 Mustangs but is that database telling a different story ??

1) Of those polled 11% said they have had transmission problems ??? The car only came out in 2005, it seems rather disturbing that 11% of the people on this site that answered that poll report transmission problems.

2) A whopping 21% reported front suspension problems. Again, this seems unbelievable considering the first S197's are less than 3 years old. What gives ?

I can understand some quirks that happen with new models like problems with the sound system, etc....but not transmission and suspension problems. I assume that anyone that had problems like that had them taken care of under warranty ?

Somebody please make me feel all warm and fuzzy again....I don't want to think my 2007 Mustang is going to fall apart before 2010....lol.

2007 GT convertible - black 5 speed MT: charcoal aluminum panel, black/dove int, anti-theft, cloth top, GT appearance pkg, MODS - MGW shifter, CDC Conv Light Bar, Pony 12V plug, Shelby Hood Pins, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Steeda Strut Tower Covers, FRPP GTA's, CDC Classic chin spoiler, GT500 spoiler, Agent47 Mirrors, 18" Chrome DD bullitt rims/Continental tires, C&L CAI, Infinity speakers, RoadWire 2-tone leather interior, 4.6 badges, Dyno Tune-Mongillo Motors-New Haven-CT-301 rwhp/297 rwt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I think you should be safe. Most of the problems were with the 05's and few 06's. I myself have an 05 and the only problem I had was an oil leak, which wasnt a big deal.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallnAngl View Post
I think you should be safe. Most of the problems were with the 05's and few 06's. I myself have an 05 and the only problem I had was an oil leak, which wasnt a big deal.
Well that is a good thing ! Although I am still a bit taken aback by the number of people that reported certain problems.

2007 GT convertible - black 5 speed MT: charcoal aluminum panel, black/dove int, anti-theft, cloth top, GT appearance pkg, MODS - MGW shifter, CDC Conv Light Bar, Pony 12V plug, Shelby Hood Pins, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Steeda Strut Tower Covers, FRPP GTA's, CDC Classic chin spoiler, GT500 spoiler, Agent47 Mirrors, 18" Chrome DD bullitt rims/Continental tires, C&L CAI, Infinity speakers, RoadWire 2-tone leather interior, 4.6 badges, Dyno Tune-Mongillo Motors-New Haven-CT-301 rwhp/297 rwt

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Geez, you haven't had the transmision problems and the suspension problems yet?

Any day now, you'll be driving to the bowling league and *WHAM*. Voids your warranty too.

LOL! Gotcha!

I haven't heard of anyone with these problems. Also, remember the V6 is a totally different car so you have to tease out the 6 problems compared to the 8 problems..

Different front suspension, different engine, different transmission, different drive shaft and different differential, different wheels and tires (stock). Except for the frame and the interior, I think they are different cars. When I bought my GT, it was also 1/10th of an inch wider and 2/10ths of an inch longer than the V6. Now the GT is only longer. Maybe different bumpers?

I have experienced the hesitation on acceleration and one other TSB problem but I can't... rear end squeal! That was the other one. It sounds like I have a walrus in my trunk. "Ork ork ork ork" when I turn.

Neither issue has been in to be fixed yet.

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007
GT Member
S197 Member

Other than the cluth pack noise I have not had a single problem. ( I am knocking on wood as you read this.)

07 GT. Exterior mods n/a. Engine mods, see profile.
One of the more powerful cars around.
One of the slower cars around.
Makes me feel like a kid every time.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
I've only had a few issues with my 05. Strut popping, e-brake cable, and the clutch packs. All were TSB items.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

what's not being added into the factor is "Abuse" to the cause of the problems....

2011 Mustang GT 5.0
Performance White
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickpony View Post
what's not being added into the factor is "Abuse" to the cause of the problems....
...and you also have to consider that many of these posts may be people's perceptions that a problem exists vs an actual diagnosis.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

I agree, percentages should be based on actual repairs. not suspected troubles...

2011 Mustang GT 5.0
Performance White
S197 Member

Plus, that poll is pretty silly, the way it's written. The numbers don't really add up, like if you look at the percentages of GT's versus V6's. The number should add up to 100% but it doesn't. But the main thing to think about is that the 11% with transmission problems, for example, 11% OF THOSE REPORTING PROBLEMS, not 11% of those polled. There is no place to respond that says: "My 2005+ Mustang is just fine, thank you".
Classic Member
S197 Member

Part of the problem with forums is the difficulty sorting out the factual from the non-factual and the objective from the subjective.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Tampa...good point. I was assuming that 11% of the people answering that poll had their tranny go belly up....lol. So far in my first month of driving I have zero complaints. It's comfortable to drive and FUN to drive. Plus it looks like the bomb. I am very happy that I listened to my impulsive side, at least up to this point.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page