Ford Mustang Forum banner

The worm may be turning in automotive quality

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  mrvandermey 
#1 ·
#2 ·
well, look what ford has done with all the other lines of their autos: the luxury line is kickin tail, the sport line is larger than ever, etc... the list goes on and on. Seems that Ford always comes back--no matter what happens. I'm a dad and would love to check out a four door s197 based sedan; something to kick magnums around. I think ford is calling it the "interceptor"... s197 guys, don't hate on me for mentioning this abomination of the s197...

#3 ·
hey..... no rookie status!

#4 ·
I saw that on Sunday, The cars that Toyota and Honda keeps pumping out are all looking the same IMO.

They did question though if that was good enough to offset the gas milleage the foreign cars are getting. Nothing like throwing a wrench into the works, almost like they want the domestics to fail.

#5 ·
Nice to see an American automaker on top, ever better that it's Ford.

#6 ·
A friend of mine told me about the article. Maybe there's some hope for Ford yet. If they would just start coming out with some more unique vehicles they'd probably do very well.

#7 ·
...and more commercials. i've only seen about 2 in the past year where i am (NY)...one was of the mustang out in some desert, one of a bunch of 4.0's drifting around the streets. cool commercial but they need to make more anyone agree?

#8 ·
Ford has tons of commercials for their trucks and also for the Ford Edge and Ford Fusion (which is a really nice looking car I think...American automakers seem to finally be "getting it" when it comes to styling).

They may not think that Mustangs need that much of a marketing push since they have been very popular since the s197 redesign.

#12 ·
As far as the commercials go, they make me scratch my head. I know the car doesn't really need to be pushed out there that hard, but I wasn't really sold on the Kelly Clarkson thing. Maybe it's because I'm a guy. Chevy hit it on the head with their marketing scheme by putting a bunch of recognizable faces to target multiple demographics/groups. KC is pretty, but I wouldn't want the car because of her. A chick might, but I doubt it.

Now if I can get her with the car, then we can talk some numbers. Beats any option or "special edition" Shelby can stamp his name on. :)

#13 ·
Now if I can get her with the car, then we can talk some numbers. Beats any option or "special edition" Shelby can stamp his name on. :)
Be sure to test drive her first. Tell the salesman, the car is a surprise for your wife but you're keeping the "rebate".

#15 ·
I'ts nice to finally see an American company looked at in a favorable light, now they just need to maintain the momentum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.