2006 V6 Mustang getting very poor gas mileage - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostNStang4.0 View Post
made an appointment at the local dealer....we'll see what the diagnosis is...

Make sure you load the OEM program, if they try to flash over your custom program, yo umay be buying a new computer.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostNStang4.0 View Post
i think you summed it up perfectly...also RPM outlet is selling this pulley that is suppose to give you an extra 2-3 miles on the gallon, i'll probably buy it since i do mostly suburban driving
Order over the phone!! Do not use the online store!

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
PONY Member
S197 Member

I have had this happen in the past with cars. You get the smaller powertrain thinking it will be more fuel efficient only to find it just the opposite.

I have a 06 GT Vert with 14k that has averaged 19.3 city/sub driving and normally pulls 26.6 on the highway. Just did about 700 mikes to the shore and back in the lft lane on 79 MPH with the ice on and got 26.33

I have only minor mods: Brenspeed 93 octane XCT2, BBK intake and straight through PYPES

It still wont compete with the mileage I was getting from my 06 C6 (32 highway)

Too many car's, not enough time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page