Saw my first 2008 Dark Candy Apple Metallic Mustang GT Yesterday - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007 Thread Starter

Saw my first 2008 Dark Candy Apple Metallic Mustang GT Yesterday

Was at the dealer for my first oil & filter change (complimentary) yesterday, and was walking around the lot and spied what I thought was an 07" Redfire GT. After looking at it, and not checking the window sticker I wandered off. Then the sales manager comes over and says what do you think of the new color for 08". I say it looks just like Redfire to me. I went back over and really looked deep into it, and if there is a difference it is miniscule, maybe just a tad darker red. Has anyone else viewed this new color in person, and what did you think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007
GT Member
S197 Member

Saw it a couple of times and I agree with you looks like red fire to me. Was not impressed at all even the sales guy I know at the dealer said the same thing. Oh well.

07 GT. Exterior mods n/a. Engine mods, see profile.
One of the more powerful cars around.
One of the slower cars around.
Makes me feel like a kid every time.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007
S197 Member

We Have One On Our Showroom It Looks Alot Like Redfire But Still Like You Said It Is A Tinge Different......it Looks Killer On The California Special With The Black Stripes....

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_stang View Post
Was at the dealer for my first oil & filter change (complimentary) yesterday, and was walking around the lot and spied what I thought was an 07" Redfire GT. After looking at it, and not checking the window sticker I wandered off. Then the sales manager comes over and says what do you think of the new color for 08". I say it looks just like Redfire to me. I went back over and really looked deep into it, and if there is a difference it is miniscule, maybe just a tad darker red. Has anyone else viewed this new color in person, and what did you think?
I suppose Ford just needed to change the color name so made it a tinge different. It's hard to improve on the best Mustang color ever produced.

To few to mention, actually to lazy to
01 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Silver (His Daily)
05 Mustang V6 Coupe, 5 sp - Redfire (Her Toy)
06 Pontiac Solstice Vert 5 sp - White His Roadster
07 Mustang GT Vert, 5 sp - Redfire His Toy
09 Hyundai Santa Fe - White Metallic (Her Daily)
11 Chevy Silverado 5.3L ExtCab-Light Gray (His)
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007
S197 Member

GOOD POINT.....:hihi:
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
I like this color very much. but i also liked the redfire a lot too. So in either case, i still like 'em
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Candy apple red 2008 mustang.jpg
Views:	17263
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	31613  

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Ive seen it.....a little darker but unless the 2 are side by side....they look the same. you'd think Ford would have made Candy Apple red a little more different?

Saleen S/C 3.2 pulley. Chris Rose tune.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
S/[email protected]/[email protected]
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMach View Post
Ive seen it.....a little darker but unless the 2 are side by side....they look the same. you'd think Ford would have made Candy Apple red a little more different?
I can see it now, when plp order AM prepainted parts online and getting Redfire vs Candy Apple, and reverse. Just like some of the prior gray shades were so close.

post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

you hit that nail on the head!

Saleen S/C 3.2 pulley. Chris Rose tune.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
S/[email protected]/[email protected]
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

I don't think it's fair to compare the two, and if Ford doesn't change things up a little, things get a little stale. I've always like Candy Apple Red although it is DARK Candy Apple. Ford always does this, even down to the whites they use. There has to be small changes to keep things fresh.

AFM Site Administrator
Member: Mustang Club of America #82740, White Mustang Registry #362, NMRA, Fun Ford Weekend, Mustangs of Burlington

MOOG Certified Technician
For mods and sound clips, see profile and gallery.

GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleAutosports View Post
I don't think it's fair to compare the two, and if Ford doesn't change things up a little, things get a little stale. I've always like Candy Apple Red although it is DARK Candy Apple. Ford always does this, even down to the whites they use. There has to be small changes to keep things fresh.
Actually the Candy Apple Red in yesteryears, was not metallic and of course not Dark, but darker then the Torch Red.

I agree colors have to change, but when they are so close does it really matter?

Ford did come out with all great colors on the S197's such as the P.White which is such a Brilliant Bright White, and the Vista Blue which is another awsome color.

Change is good, like they did Yellow then replaced it with Orange, and the Lime Green was cool. The Sonic Blue and Vista though similiar is a noticable difference.

I like to see them add the Grabber Blue and Grabber Green to the color menu.

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
I like this color very much. but i also liked the redfire a lot too. So in either case, i still like 'em
I agree HotShot, but I had a different shade in mind when I thought of Candy Apple. More like the Red Metallic on the new Corvettes. It looks more like a real Candy Apple.
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
I wonder, is there really a noticeable difference between Redfire and Dark Candy Apple Red Metalic or are our minds just convincing us there is a slight change simply because Ford changed the name? Things that make you go hhhhmmmmm........
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey View Post
I wonder, is there really a noticeable difference between Redfire and Dark Candy Apple Red Metalic or are our minds just convincing us there is a slight change simply because Ford changed the name? Things that make you go
hhhhmmmmm........

There should be a noticable difference since the candy apple has a bronze undercoating beneath the paint that gives it the candy look. Pictures probably don't do it justice.

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey View Post
I wonder, is there really a noticeable difference between Redfire and Dark Candy Apple Red Metalic or are our minds just convincing us there is a slight change simply because Ford changed the name? Things that make you go hhhhmmmmm........
good point... i was kinda hoping they'd be the same, if it had been different than redfire then i would have sold mine just to get the new shape of red! oh well at least REDFIRE sounds much better!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page