2006 Mustang GT. Shaker scoop plus Granatelli intake - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Patstang
2006 Mustang GT. Shaker scoop plus Granatelli intake

I,Patstang, have an '06 GT with the shaker intake. A Mustang enthusiast in Sheboygan, WI, has the 62mm GMS throttle body and the GMS CAI with MAF sensor. He did not have to re-flash.
I like the cool factor of the shaker, but, want the GMS parts. Can I route the shaker air flow into the GMS "box" rather than just leave it uncoupled under the hood. Also, with said mods, does the Ford X-pipe do any better than the factory H-pipe?

Thanks

2006 GT Premium: Vista Blue, Hurst, CDC shaker, boomtubes,chromed taillight, brake light, & quarter markers trim. JLT/SCT 93 C & M of Hubertus, WI dyno tune, JLT cold air routing to filter. Sequential Tails, Magnetic black out panel.

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor: 70 mm TB, SCT tune, VX mufflers, J-Mod, 3.73 Eaton limited slip, moose tenderizer.

2003 Mercury Marauder: Kooks long tubes, K & N CAI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patstang View Post
I,Patstang, have an '06 GT with the shaker intake. A Mustang enthusiast in Sheboygan, WI, has the 62mm GMS throttle body and the GMS CAI with MAF sensor. He did not have to re-flash.
I like the cool factor of the shaker, but, want the GMS parts. Can I route the shaker air flow into the GMS "box" rather than just leave it uncoupled under the hood. Also, with said mods, does the Ford X-pipe do any better than the factory H-pipe?

Thanks
Yes you can & it's fairly easy.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shaker.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	31962  

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Here are the parts you'll need. Find them at Pepboys.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shaker1.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	31963   Click image for larger version

Name:	shaker2.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	31964  

1965 Mustang Coupe

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

shaker

Thanks, STL. WHAT ABOUT THE x-PIPE?

2006 GT Premium: Vista Blue, Hurst, CDC shaker, boomtubes,chromed taillight, brake light, & quarter markers trim. JLT/SCT 93 C & M of Hubertus, WI dyno tune, JLT cold air routing to filter. Sequential Tails, Magnetic black out panel.

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor: 70 mm TB, SCT tune, VX mufflers, J-Mod, 3.73 Eaton limited slip, moose tenderizer.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Does the X just replace the H aft of the cats or is it an offroad X? Do you have a link?

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
my take on the factory H versus factory X is just a difference in the tone of the exhaust. One is more "throatier" and the other has more of a "rumble". Or something along those lines.

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
my take on the factory H versus factory X is just a difference in the tone of the exhaust. One is more "throatier" and the other has more of a "rumble". Or something along those lines.
Yes... But an X-pipe catted or uncatted will always yield a few more HP because it does a far better job of balancing the exhaust gasses.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
Yes you can & it's fairly easy.
Dang, Mark, even yer FILTER looks brand new! You are workin' that ride up to magazine cover story sweet...

"I may never be famous, but my girls Dixi and Luci sure are."

Dixi Candace: Windveil Blue Stick V6 '05, Steeda CAI w/BBK 70mmTB/hi-flo inlet, XCal2, ASP UP, JBA SS Shorties/Evol, FRPP T-Lok diff, 34/28 mm F/R sway bars, MMR rear LCAs, Monte C. strut bar, Precision 3.73s, Snow H2OCH4O, "Q" grille and tons of Dixi Bling chrome

Luci Elinor: Legend Lime Auto GT '06 Premium, JLT2 CAI, XCal2 Brenspeed 93, BBK 62mmx2 TB, Steeda UPs, Pypes Violators polished, SMR strut tower, A.H. & Stage3 louvers
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zregime View Post
Dang, Mark, even yer FILTER looks brand new! You are workin' that ride up to magazine cover story sweet...
I try... But it's tough keeping up with the Jonses :happy

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Thanks much ! I want hi-flow cats as well, probably the frpp (?) X-pipe. Sorry not back to thank you sooner.

Hey Guys this is my first post on this forum. I own a 2005 Black Gt Vert. So here is my question : If you get extra hp by using an x pipe rather than an h pipe. Why wouldn't the developers at ford take this into consideration and make an x pipe a stock option?
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlexW View Post
Hey Guys this is my first post on this forum. I own a 2005 Black Gt Vert. So here is my question : If you get extra hp by using an x pipe rather than an h pipe. Why wouldn't the developers at ford take this into consideration and make an x pipe a stock option?
Because Ford also looks at emissions and sound when developing the exhaust. Performance is not the first consideration.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page