2005+ Mustang hood strut suggestions... - Ford Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007
ModsStang
Guest
 
ModsStang's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
2005+ Mustang hood strut suggestions...

I think the hood struts will be my next mod - my brother is going to do this mod as well and at the same time (we're family and like to do mods together, except the shaker... no hole in my car!)

We're undecided between Steeda and CDC... anyone have these or any other brands they like? How are they holding up? did they fit good? and post the site so we can check out!

Thanks so much!

Judi
:happy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member
 
travelers's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Eastern
Posts: 10,877
 
I have the CDC ones to put on. I just haven't had the time to put them on yet



2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
travelers is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007
GT Member
S197 Member
 
MakeMyStang's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 2,498
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudisStang View Post
I think the hood struts will be my next mod - my brother is going to do this mod as well and at the same time (we're family and like to do mods together, except the shaker... no hole in my car!)

We're undecided between Steeda and CDC... anyone have these or any other brands they like? How are they holding up? did they fit good? and post the site so we can check out!

Thanks so much!

Judi
:happy
I did the Steeda, and like them. No holes to drill, uses existing OEM screws.
They are also out of the way and fancy looking.

The Steeda and CDC look about the same, either one you choose you won't go wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1206.jpg
Views:	1272
Size:	397.6 KB
ID:	32128  

To few to mention, actually to lazy to
01 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Silver (His Daily)
05 Mustang V6 Coupe, 5 sp - Redfire (Her Toy)
06 Pontiac Solstice Vert 5 sp - White His Roadster
07 Mustang GT Vert, 5 sp - Redfire His Toy
09 Hyundai Santa Fe - White Metallic (Her Daily)
11 Chevy Silverado 5.3L ExtCab-Light Gray (His)
MakeMyStang is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007
MACH I Member
S197 Member
 
Ragnar's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Burbank
Posts: 2,698
 
I have Steeda as well and they work great.

06 GT Premium, Windveil Blue, Auto, IUP
Mods: Midwest Auto Gear Engine Plenum Cover, Sequential Taillights, Demolet Tunable CAI & SCT Tune, CDC Quarter Window Louvers, Billett Aluminum Interior Items, 8" Shorty Antenna, Powder Coated Valve Covers, Braided Hoses, Flowmaster AT, California Dreamin' Hood, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Honeycomb Rear Decklid Blackout Panel, 35% Window Tints, SHR Lower Grill Inserts
Ragnar is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007
MODERATOR
Classic Member
S197 Member
 
stlwagon's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Southern
Posts: 72,881
                 
Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMyStang View Post
I did the Steeda, and like them. No holes to drill, uses existing OEM screws.
They are also out of the way and fancy looking.

The Steeda and CDC look about the same, either one you choose you won't go wrong.
Do I detect some dirt on the bottom of that hood?

1965 Mustang Coupe
stlwagon is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007
GT Member
S197 Member
 
MakeMyStang's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 2,498
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
Do I detect some dirt on the bottom of that hood?
Yes you do, and trust me, it must of been from the dealer prep detailing compound (it was on both my vert and her coupe), ad since have (has) been cleaned.:hihi: Neve noticed it till I seen it when taking the pic.

I have always cleand under there but from the windshield area.
This was like dried on,

ALL GONE NOW.

Mr V never even noticed it upon inspection for membership in PPO club.

To few to mention, actually to lazy to
01 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Silver (His Daily)
05 Mustang V6 Coupe, 5 sp - Redfire (Her Toy)
06 Pontiac Solstice Vert 5 sp - White His Roadster
07 Mustang GT Vert, 5 sp - Redfire His Toy
09 Hyundai Santa Fe - White Metallic (Her Daily)
11 Chevy Silverado 5.3L ExtCab-Light Gray (His)
MakeMyStang is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007
GT Member
S197 Member
 
06hoss's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Erlanger
Posts: 1,172
 
I have the CDC version and they work great.
One install tip though just in case you run into this.
I installed the driver side first using the hood prop to hold the hood up while I worked, then when I went to install the passenger side, the strut wouldn't line up to the bracket...looked too short. The problem was solved real simple...I unhooked the hood from the hood prop and pushed up on the hood with my shoulder while lining up the bracket and strut. The hood prop not only keeps the hood from falling, it also hooks into that hole so you can't push up on the hood enough to line everything up. I keep trying to push the hood up before I disengaged the hood prop. After the brackets were installed, then I unistalled the hood prop.

06 Stang GT, Yeah I got stuff! Check out my profile for the low down.
06hoss is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
Humboldt Stang's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Eureka
Posts: 315
 
I have the MRT's, which are just like the CDC's, but they came with a powdercoat option.
Very nice.
And, even though the instructions recommend two people for the install, I did like others, and did it myself.

C&L CAI...Diablosport Predator performance tune...Flowmaster series 40 mufflers...FRPP 4.10 Gears
Humboldt Stang is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007
GT Member
S197 Member
 
MakeMyStang's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 2,498
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06hoss View Post
I have the CDC version and they work great.
One install tip though just in case you run into this.
I installed the driver side first using the hood prop to hold the hood up while I worked, then when I went to install the passenger side, the strut wouldn't line up to the bracket...looked too short. The problem was solved real simple...I unhooked the hood from the hood prop and pushed up on the hood with my shoulder while lining up the bracket and strut. The hood prop not only keeps the hood from falling, it also hooks into that hole so you can't push up on the hood enough to line everything up. I keep trying to push the hood up before I disengaged the hood prop. After the brackets were installed, then I unistalled the hood prop.
+1 same here good install tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt Stang View Post
I have the MRT's, which are just like the CDC's, but they came with a powdercoat option.
Very nice.
And, even though the instructions recommend two people for the install, I did like others, and did it myself.
+1 also did the install myself, one side at a time.

To few to mention, actually to lazy to
01 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Silver (His Daily)
05 Mustang V6 Coupe, 5 sp - Redfire (Her Toy)
06 Pontiac Solstice Vert 5 sp - White His Roadster
07 Mustang GT Vert, 5 sp - Redfire His Toy
09 Hyundai Santa Fe - White Metallic (Her Daily)
11 Chevy Silverado 5.3L ExtCab-Light Gray (His)
MakeMyStang is offline  
GT Member
S197 Member
 
kruzzzn's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Hughesville
Posts: 1,063
 
If you have a plenum cover on GT and go with Steeda get the one for the v6.I have one and it clears perfectly,plus keeps insulation from rubbing cover.

2006 Gt Premium coupe,automatic,white with red Shelby stripes,18 in.wheels,seq lites,plem. cover,Rouse hood scoop and flowmasters,Steeda strut brace,Steeda polished stainless fuse and radiator covers,rear camera(Boyo tag cam)thru Crimestopper rear mirror.Ford molded mud flaps,Silverhorse polished billet fuel door,and chrome console trim.Headlight Splitters.American Muscle Raxiom 2010 taillights.
kruzzzn is offline  
ModsStang
Guest
 
ModsStang's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Thank each and every one of you for your advice, tips and info! We decided to go with the MRTs. I like the black and how the silver doesn't show like the Steedas for my car (it looks awesome on others...)...

http://mrt-direct.com/concept/appear...php#hoodstruts

Thanks again, I really appreciate the willingness to help others here...

Judi
S197 Member
 
IrishStang's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,961
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudisStang View Post
Thank each and every one of you for your advice, tips and info! We decided to go with the MRTs. I like the black and how the silver doesn't show like the Steedas for my car (it looks awesome on others...)...

http://mrt-direct.com/concept/appear...php#hoodstruts

Thanks again, I really appreciate the willingness to help others here...

Judi
Good choice... Not like I need to ask, but post some pics after you get them installed. :happy
IrishStang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2005 Mustang Hood Pin Install Photos Needed ultraclyde 2005-2010 Mustang GT Tech 9 04-01-2010 04:07 PM
2005 Mustang GT Installed My Shelby Hood Pins! myltlpny 2005-2010 Mustang Talk 27 02-13-2009 05:13 PM
2005 Mustang Suncoast Ram-Air hood. Opinions? kj_cinci 2005-2010 Mustang Talk 57 03-17-2007 05:23 PM
2005 Mustang Hood Heat Shield Removal. gtretroredfire 2005-2010 Mustang Talk 7 03-04-2007 02:25 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1