More Power? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Wayne View Post
JBert is the rotor size bigger on the OP's year of car? I guess I compared the 05-09 GT. The factory rotors not bad but braked better with the Hawk Pads. . . .
hmmmm . . . actually, now that you mention it, the OP's V6 might have smaller rotors . . . . in that case maybe an upgrade to the larger GT rotors and pads and/or some better pads such as Hawk probably would be a good idea

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmith0867 View Post
in on this thread. i too have a v6 stang and want more power. I'm a teenager though so a gt would be fairly expensive, I think I'll wait a year and then look for a gt and sell mine. I really wanted a gt originally but didn't have the money. Also debating the supercharger route but on an engine with 100k miles not sure how much life the supercharger will take from my car
Some of the other members on this site have claimed they've run their supercharged V6 up over 200k miles when the supercharger was installed at around 50k miles. Just don't overdo the boost, less than 12 psi is a good number. Just don't push the car with too many cold starts and nothing should break. The rear differential is a piece that should be looked at for replacement when boosting your power as it will simply not last.

MACH I Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahxus View Post
The rear differential is a piece that should be looked at for replacement when boosting your power as it will simply not last.
That's easy. Just swap the original 7.5" axle with the 8.8" axle from a GT.

2006 GT Deluxe - 5MT - 12.50 @ 109.61
314rwhp 330rwtq with basic bolt-ons

GT Member

Maintenance

Quote:
Some of the other members on this site have claimed they've run their supercharged V6 up over 200k miles when the supercharger was installed at around 50k miles. Just don't overdo the boost, less than 12 psi is a good number. Just don't push the car with too many cold starts and nothing should break. The rear differential is a piece that should be looked at for replacement when boosting your power as it will simply not last.

I believe it with good maintenance and say around 10psi or a little less and a conservative Tune. The fact that with Headers in combination with a SC, takes stress off the stress. A good breather catch can set up to manage crankcase pressure helps. My friend has a 2007 F150 2V Roush and he has never been polite to the power train since it's delivery in 2007. It has over 128,000 miles. I know this is a completely different platform to compare, but my point is this. A SC or Turbo does not equal premature death of your engine.

T Wayne

T Wayne
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
in on this thread. i too have a v6 stang and want more power. I'm a teenager though so a gt would be fairly expensive, I think I'll wait a year and then look for a gt and sell mine. I really wanted a gt originally but didn't have the money. Also debating the supercharger route but on an engine with 100k miles not sure how much life the supercharger will take from my car
I just dont know if its worth the money you know? for about 10k i could just get a GT. Plus resale with a supercharger will have less appeal in my area. not many car people in howard county maryland
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
not many car people in howard county maryland
Howard County? I grew in Mount Airy. Car people are all over the place.

DT

2010 GT Premium / Automatic / RapidSpec 401A Leather Interior / MMD Decklid Panel / MMD Classic Quarter Window Louvers / MMD Black Tail Light Trim / GT500 Splash Guards / GT Valve Caps / FRPP GT500 Brake Cooling Shields / FRPP-SVT GT500 Cooling Fan / Steeda LCAs / Whiteline Front Sway, RTR Rear / Whiteline Adj Panhard / Redline Hood Struts / JLT Oil Separator / JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake / Pypes O/R X-pipe / Pypes Violators Axelbacks / Steeda UDP / Steeda CMDPlugs / Brenspeed Tune
PONY Member

If ya gotta have the power now, but a 197GT now....if you can wait drive yours until you can get a 2011+ V6 or a GT.....new style and better interior and you can get that V6 humming,,,,much easier and less bucks than a 197 V6

2008 GT Premium, MagnaCharger TVS 1900, Brembo Brakes, Whiteline Watts Link, Koni Yellows, Steeda Sport Springs,
J&M Extreme LCA, BMR Relo Brackets, FR500S Axlebacks, TCI Shifter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Like I said before, just going for a newer or larger engine model is always an option.
However if that's your chosen path, just know your going to have to start all over again mod wise.
You'll find yourself upgrading parts you've already once covered with the V6.
In some aspects essentially spending money on the similar upgrades, but for a new car.

2006 Aerodynamics Prior Design Racing 4.0 S197
*APDR Conversion (Body & Engine Bay)* -FR Transmission Swap- *Auburrn Gear HP Series LSD* -FR 4.10 Gears- *Cervini Type IV RAS* -Bama X4/SF4- *FR One Piece Driveshaft* -FR Ceramic Headers- *Custom MPC 12C "Hidden" Concept Exhaust* -
Z26 Brake Kit- *Steeda & SR Adjustable Control Arms* -HID CCFL Headlights/Gen 5 LED Tailights- ETC
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt2010gt View Post
Quote:
not many car people in howard county maryland
Howard County? I grew in Mount Airy. Car people are all over the place.
I havent seen many, sure dont know many personally
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500MUSTANGFAN View Post
Like I said before, just going for a newer or larger engine model is always an option.
However if that's your chosen path, just know your going to have to start all over again mod wise.
You'll find yourself upgrading parts you've already once covered with the V6.
In some aspects essentially spending money on the similar upgrades, but for a new car.
Id love a 2013-2014 Gt, But I love the way the s197 light grey ext with red seats looks. Not sure. 20-13-2014's seem to techy to me. I like the simple retro look of my 06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page