Hertz Shelby spotted - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Hertz Shelby spotted

So, I was in Cleveland a couple of weeks ago and heading for the shuttle bus to go to the terminal and Hertz has one of the Hertz-Shelby Mustangs sitting out. Woof, woof! Of course, Black w/ gold stripes. Vert, black painted wheels, black leather interior. In place of the "GT" logo on the fender was a "HERTZ" badge. Was an auto tho. I was in a bit of a rush (late as usual) so all I had time to do was leave a drool line on the windows as I hustled past.
("Gee, I dunno. Musta had that V6 in it when I picked it up. Bet it was the guy who rented it just before me".)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Was supposed to get one of this on a trip to Chi-town recently. Those suckers at Hertz "ran out." Bummer.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

I saw the hardtop at Hertz & cruising around Phoenix last year. Not much different than our cars, but then again such an awesome car when you see it in the flesh.

'07 GT Deluxe - Alloy - IUP - Shaker 500 - 3.55 axle
Ordered: April 4, 2007
Build week: April 23
Delivered: May 5

SSS Adrenaline series mufflers, shorty antenna

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Was in Dallas a couple of weeks ago and renting a car. Could have got the Shelby but it was something like $160 a day versus $50 for a rental rat. Couldn't pull the trigger, especially knowing that it would have been very much like driving may car.

2006 Redfire GT Vert Auto, every factory option, 490rwhp JDM Saleen SC, One piece driveshaft, Steeda ultralight springs - rear adjustable UCA and LCAs, CHE relo brackets, Granelli front cross-member, Intrax sway bars, Tokico dampers, Hawk brake pads, Shelby Redline wheels and Nitto tires, GT500 exhaust, FRPP 3.73's, Pioneer AVIC-D3 navigation head unit, and Saleen HID headlights. See profile for appearance mods
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
i would rather drive my own car then a rental one. I would be upset of the cleanliness of the car and would end up cleaning the hertz. lmao.

I think the PPR club has soaked into my blood

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

My uncle is flying into DC in a few weeks. He is going to try and get a Hertz GT so we both can go out and have some fun.

05 Mustang GT- PH 76mm Turbo, Stage 3 heads, 322 JPC Built RGR Stroker (under construction)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

They are not too rare here in San Diego. I saw the new Hertz vert. Pretty bad a$$.

Some of my friends rented one (not the vert) and put it through a good work out at the track That's how you get your money's worth out of those!!

Peace....The MadMan :smoke:
Current: 2008 Tjaarda 350T
K&N CAI - Eibach Springs|Baer 14 Zinc Coated, Slotted & Drilled Rotors|6-Piston Front Calipers|GT Legends with Nitto NT-555 255/35ZR20 Front and 275/35ZR20 Rear|Custom side exhaust|Molded Front Fascia|Hood|Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels|Lower Side Scoops|Rear Fascia|4 Ion Crystal Fog Lamps|2.5 PIAA Extreme White Driving Lights
Sold: 2006 Premium Tung Grey GT - 5 speed
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Do you still need to show an airline ticket sub to rent them?

05 Mustang GT- PH 76mm Turbo, Stage 3 heads, 322 JPC Built RGR Stroker (under construction)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

My brother and I are notorious for coming up with wild ideas involving flying to Vegas at the last minute to see a certain rock show(s). Next time we do it, I may just call Hertz and rent one of those bad boys; it'd REALLY make the trip a memorable one.

Black 2005 Mustang v6, 5 speed, IUP, EUP and Leather.

Razzi 1/4 window scoops, Mustang GT Sway Bars, Flowmaster American Thunder Single Exhaust, Clear Front Turn Signal Lenses, Demolet CAI, X-cal2 91 tune, Hurst Comp/Plus Shifter, FRPP T-Lock, Ford 3.73 gears
Apprentice

Was out visiting a Friend on Cape Cod a couple of weeks ago and couldn't pass up hitting the beach in a Shelby Convertible. Cost me $112 bucks a day with my AAA discount. But it was worth it.

They are tuned down and not nearly as quick as my 07 GT. But it sounds so sweet and talk about the gawkers. People would just about crash into you trying to catch a glimpse.

I thought I was going to have to leave them my son to get out of there with the thing though. Guess people are stealing stuff off the cars right and left. Which is sad. It was enough for me to have a picture of me driving the thing and the wonderful memories of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HertzShelby.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	35172  

Steve
"Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"

Current Stangs: 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT
Previously owned: 83 Dominator GT - 07 Mustang GT - 85 Dominator GT RIP - 85 Predator GT - 82 Mustang GT

Wishing I still had all of Them!
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to A7X1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
i would rather drive my own car then a rental one. I would be upset of the cleanliness of the car and would end up cleaning the hertz. lmao.

I think the PPR club has soaked into my blood
LOL I would be doing the same thing!

-A7X-
~Stang Syndicate Boston~ *2006 Torch Red GT* 10/10/07
Performance: Borla FRPP Stingers w/ True Dual Midpipes, Magnaflow High Flow Cats, JLT CAI, Bama 93 Race Tune, Ford Racing 4.10 Gears, Nitto 555 Extremes.
Visual: Black AVS Tail Light Trim, Honeycomb Tail Light Vinyl, Black Racing stripes, 35% Window Tint, Trunk Blackout Panel, Billet Antenna Delete, Mirror Covers, 17" Konig "Further" Rims, Quarter Window Louvers, 20% Tinted Head Light/Turn Signal, Boss C-Stripes, CS/GT C-Scoops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page