Who uses a trailer to tow their cars to track events? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Who uses a trailer to tow their cars to track events?

I hate to change tires at events, that is my biggest dislike about driving my car to autocross or open track events. My wife doesn't like to bring the truck just to carry my tires and tools. So I figure Since I have a truck I should find a used trailer to trailer my car to events. If I do this the joy of actually driving my car is cut in half because I would only be driving it at events. Not sure if this all make any sense, I think I'm just trying to talk myself into buying a trailer. Right now as it stands I either buy a trailer or upgrade my front brakes.

05 Mustang GT- PH 76mm Turbo, Stage 3 heads, 322 JPC Built RGR Stroker (under construction)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007
Apprentice
S197 Member

i use a trailer. for the just in case.

2005 Mustang GT Premium, IUP,5 Speed,Bullitt's,
Dark Charcoal Int. Shaker500 (B), Active Anti Theft
Wheel Locks / Build 9\18\2004
SLP Loudmouths / Sequential Tail Lights/Hurst Shifter
H/C Trap Removed / Legendary Limer 0008
7/2009 Shorty Headers/Prothane mounts/UPR lower control arm's/Driveshaft Shop's One piece shaft
13th Annual New England FFW Nationals U/S Winner!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007
GT Member
S197 Member

if you're bringing the truck anyways, why not trailer the mustang? saves gas, wear and tear, and the major bummer of having a break-down on the way to the track. yea trailering the mustang will mean no need to put tires in the truck, but you would have to bring the truck either way, so it really doesn't matter.

2005 Mustang GT - SCT X3 + ROUSH CAI, FRPP Stingers, Silverhorse Blackout Panel, Brushed "Aluminum" Dash Kit, California Special rear bumper, chrome American Racing ROGUE wheels 20x8.5 with 255/35/20 Yokohama S.Drive tires, ROUSH rear springs.... JVC KW-AVX820

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
I'm only a few miles from Budds Creek so it's not worth it to me.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007
GT Member
S197 Member

I would love to trailer the car, just not in the budget right now. That is the only reason my car was not at all ford at Carlisle this June. I just bought a trailer that can hold 3 quads and by the time I was done with all the add ons I was at $1,600 with the tax

07 GT. Exterior mods n/a. Engine mods, see profile.
One of the more powerful cars around.
One of the slower cars around.
Makes me feel like a kid every time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page