2008 Mustang Convertible Earns Highest Possible Safety Ratings - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

2008 Mustang Convertible Earns Highest Possible Safety Ratings

Have you seen this article..... quite impressive.....:hihi:

I would think lower insurance rates would be in order once the nsurance companies have a better idea of the car safty.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/artic...er_00868.shtml

Though it states 2008, I would think it is for all the s197 verts and they just got around to do the study.
after all the 2005-2008's have not changed. (except for a few cosmetic items).

To few to mention, actually to lazy to
01 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Silver (His Daily)
05 Mustang V6 Coupe, 5 sp - Redfire (Her Toy)
06 Pontiac Solstice Vert 5 sp - White His Roadster
07 Mustang GT Vert, 5 sp - Redfire His Toy
09 Hyundai Santa Fe - White Metallic (Her Daily)
11 Chevy Silverado 5.3L ExtCab-Light Gray (His)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007
S197 Member

You're not going to hold your breath that the auto insurance rates will go down are you?
I am waiting until Monday to see what Charlie Crist and the legislature did on the Property Tax situation and I am not holding out any really great relief for that. (Florida people will understand).

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageV8 View Post
You're not going to hold your breath that the auto insurance rates will go down are you?
I am waiting until Monday to see what Charlie Crist and the legislature did on the Property Tax situation and I am not holding out any really great relief for that. (Florida people will understand).
Of course not, would never expect a rate decrease from such a greety ***** business.

On property taxes, I would think you are referring to real estate. I couldn't care less if they were lowered, in fact prefer them to stay the same or increase. Why? at least they are tax deducible on fed tax returns, and it is better to have these taxes that go to the state's budget, vs like other states did impose a state income tax on only the working plp, that could cost a person several hundred per month.

What really needs to be done is HO insurance reduction, and bring HO insur co's into the state to compete.
Wonder what would happen to the banks who hold FL mortgage paper if everyone in FL said dropdead, I am not paying these HO rates, or if the state would not license Auto Ins Co's to do business unless they also provided HO ins at a decent rate.

To few to mention, actually to lazy to
01 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Silver (His Daily)
05 Mustang V6 Coupe, 5 sp - Redfire (Her Toy)
06 Pontiac Solstice Vert 5 sp - White His Roadster
07 Mustang GT Vert, 5 sp - Redfire His Toy
09 Hyundai Santa Fe - White Metallic (Her Daily)
11 Chevy Silverado 5.3L ExtCab-Light Gray (His)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
my car is equipped with side impact airbags which is standard on an '08. So i guess my mustang is equivalent to a '08 gt vert in terms of safety, because i am pretty sure that they didn't change anything. I am going to send this link to my grandmother to make her feel a little more at ease with the safety of my car. Better yet, how bout i print this out rather then e-mail it to her......

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page