Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JetBlack

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Long time no see

Man, I haven't been here in a long time. Couldn't even remember my password

There's 160K miles on Prudence now and she's still running strong. Got some noises from the diff and she's in the shop this afternoon. Sounds like clutch or spider gear. Either way... $$

Little car video from my security camera. Love that sound!

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Tell me more about that custom exhaust. Is there an H pipe anymore or is it literally straight from the headers back?
If and when these race mufflers of mine rust and fall off, I was gonna stick some pipes out the back without mufflers and see if I like it.

08 GT 5spd
Spectra CAI, Comp Cam Detroit Rockers, Kooks headers w/catted H-pipe, Revolution Automotive dyno tuned, FB430 race mufflers, 3.55s, JLT catch can, BMR Lca's and relo brackets. Prothane motor mounts and sway bar bushings.
20% tint, smoked markers and tail lights w/sequentials. Clear front signal covers, series 3 chin spoiler.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
S197 Member

The came from the local exhaust shop. Removed the mufflers and replaced them with a 3" s-pipe that leads to a 4" rolled tip (on both sides obviously). The stock H is still in it.

$135 and about a 90 minute wait. I took a photo of SLP Loudmouths to the shop and asked if they could make something like that except with rolled tips.

The car sounds like it should. IMHO, if Ford had manufactured them to sound like this, Dodge and Chevy never would have stood a chance. :-)

Here's my worst run that day (but the only one where the camera worked perfectly) and what the car sounds like from inside.

And from behind...

I haven't been nice to it and Prudence has 160,000 miles on her. New alternator, new battery at 155,000 miles and brake pads at 148,000 miles were the only repairs before this weekend when I took it in for a rear-end noise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandGT View Post
Tell me more about that custom exhaust. Is there an H pipe anymore or is it literally straight from the headers back?
If and when these race mufflers of mine rust and fall off, I was gonna stick some pipes out the back without mufflers and see if I like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	boom.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	330.2 KB
ID:	494681  

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Thanks for the reply.
Btw.....are you trying to say there's something wrong in that picture? Lol
Hope it didn't hit you in the wallet too hard.

08 GT 5spd
Spectra CAI, Comp Cam Detroit Rockers, Kooks headers w/catted H-pipe, Revolution Automotive dyno tuned, FB430 race mufflers, 3.55s, JLT catch can, BMR Lca's and relo brackets. Prothane motor mounts and sway bar bushings.
20% tint, smoked markers and tail lights w/sequentials. Clear front signal covers, series 3 chin spoiler.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
That bearing looks a bit used up... Nice ride.

DT

2010 GT Premium / Automatic / RapidSpec 401A Leather Interior / MMD Decklid Panel / MMD Classic Quarter Window Louvers / MMD Black Tail Light Trim / GT500 Splash Guards / GT Valve Caps / FRPP GT500 Brake Cooling Shields / FRPP-SVT GT500 Cooling Fan / Steeda LCAs / Whiteline Front Sway, RTR Rear / Whiteline Adj Panhard / Redline Hood Struts / JLT Oil Separator / JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake / Pypes O/R X-pipe / Pypes Violators Axelbacks / Steeda UDP / Steeda CMDPlugs / Brenspeed Tune
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
S197 Member

I had the brake pads replaced at 148,000 miles and the alternator went right after that. Other than those two repairs, the car is unbroken! :-) I can't say enough good things about the reliability of these cars!
Unfortunately there hasn't yet been a way to work the car into my books :-(
-David Buschhorn
dt2010gt likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page