Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2005 Mustang GT... Installed MAC axle back exhaust

10K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  rcurtis17 
#1 ·
I just installed my MAC axle back mufflers and their almost perfect.

The only draw back is the drone below 2000 RPM in fifth gear.
There is no paint can rattle, snap crackle and pop or gurgling all of which I hate and have heard in other systems. Just a deep throaty smooth sound. I am happy:happydance:

G
#7 ·
Once they burn in a bit the drone will minimize a tad. It's always there in that range but to be honest I don't even hear it any more. If I do then I'll just downshift or speed up a bit as it's a narrow range where the drone is.

MAC's are awesome!:bigthumbsup

#10 ·
I loved the MAC's I had on my car before I installed LT's. I still think the MACs sounded better with the LT's but I couldn't stand the increased drone. If I had a stock mustang again, I wouldn't hesitate to put them back on.

#11 ·
the drone is common but just keep it going at 2,500 rpms :)

#14 ·
Easy solution to the drone...floor it everywhere you go! Never let up on the gas! Nah, man I wish I knew the sound of my SLP's though. One more month and I will, I can't freaking wait.

#15 ·
I have had the MAC Boomtubes on my 06 GT auto for about 8 months now and love them. The drone is there but I kind of like it (wife hates it). I leave for work at 5:30am every day and the neighbors don't like them much! They do break in a bit over time but the drone is still there. At 80MPH around 2600 RPMs you can hear them but it's not bad, just crank the radio! Easy install also.

Attachments

#18 ·
Another MAC owner here also. With a catted X, resonators and cams, I have a nice deep tone that is loud enough and minimal drone.
I was bored so I made a in cam video with a sony digital camera. Use head/earphones and crank the volume up.
YouTube - 06 Mustang sound from the inside w/ X pipe, resonators MACs and comp cams

That doesn't sound too bad to me (drone-wise). I am about to order a set of these Mac Axle backs for my car. Only difference I think is I have long tubes, stage 2 cams (which I am taking off soon, so not a big deal), and no cats. I am switching from Flowmaster AT's for a little while to find a different sound. I'm not worried about the drone anymore personally. Kinda grown accustomed to the sound. lol... Which ever ones I like better I plan to keep and will sell the other ones. Haven't had my AT's long either. Switched from SLP LM's to the Flowmaster AT's due to extra and increased attention (and not the good kind... i.e. cops) lol. Well, guess i'll see which i prefer in a couple weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.