What have you done with/ to your car today? - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
^^^^winters over dude(preacherman)......snap out of it!!!
You might just need an intervention. Lol, jk

08 GT 5spd
Spectra CAI, Comp Cam Detroit Rockers, Kooks headers w/catted H-pipe, Revolution Automotive dyno tuned, FB430 race mufflers, 3.55s, JLT catch can, BMR Lca's and relo brackets. Prothane motor mounts and sway bar bushings.
20% tint, smoked markers and tail lights w/sequentials. Clear front signal covers, series 3 chin spoiler.

Last edited by marylandGT; 04-17-2016 at 11:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

cams

Detroit Rockers and cmdp's installed yesterday, very happy with results.

2006 Legend Lime GT..JLT cai with Brenspeed tune..BBK stainless long tube headers with their catted x pipe..magnaflow exhaust..GMS coil pack.. Eibach springs..MGW flat stick shifter...Detroit Rocker cams...CMDP's
PONY Member

Garage
Just put on a Steeda Strut Tower brace.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1461432078986.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	604.9 KB
ID:	513137  
GT500MUSTANGFAN likes this.

PONY Member

Garage
I wasn't sure about the brace having any effect, but I think things feel tighter. Not sure if I'd notice in a before/after blind test, but it seems to feel better around corners. Even if I'm imagining, who cares. Car feels more fun to me so that's all that matters, right. Looks pretty nice, too.

2006 Mustang GT Premium in Vista Blue with Light Graphite leather interior. Shaker1000 stereo, hood scoop and spoiler. Mods: 8" antenna; lower grill inserts; sequential tail lights; Hood Struts; Steeda Strut Tower Brace; Magnaflow Street Axle Backs; painted to match radiator cover and extensions; chrome engine dress-up package
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I think your impression of it giving a tighter "feel" is on point. 2-point tower braces are more about NVH reduction than handling improvement.

That's not to say that if it makes the car feel better to drive that it isn't going to be easier for you to drive it harder than you otherwise would. In an overall sense, "handling" could be considered part car, part road, and part driver. Making any one of them better, or improving the interface between any two should result in a net gain (as driven).

For my own efforts, I finished re-O-ringing the Steeda strut mounts, installed a slightly firmer rear sta-bar (Strano/Hellwig 25mm), and set its adjustment (full soft). Put another eighth of a turn on the front strut adjustment (Koni yellows). Doesn't ride much differently from before, but corners flatter and doesn't nose-dive nearly as bad.

Norm

'08 GT coupe, 5M, wheels, tires, pads, fluid, a few suspension mods . . . still almost stock height
'19 WRX, 6M (hers)
'01 Maxima 20AE, 5M (spare, winter driver)
Apprentice

Cleaned the wheels and got the windows tinted.
PONY Member

Garage
The plan for today is wash, clay, polish and wax. If I have any time/energy I'll do the interior.

2006 Mustang GT Premium in Vista Blue with Light Graphite leather interior. Shaker1000 stereo, hood scoop and spoiler. Mods: 8" antenna; lower grill inserts; sequential tail lights; Hood Struts; Steeda Strut Tower Brace; Magnaflow Street Axle Backs; painted to match radiator cover and extensions; chrome engine dress-up package
PONY Member

Garage
Well, I washed and clayed. Claying does help. I polished a small area and it didn't look like it was doing much so I just did 2 coats of wax. Car looks great - especially from about 10 feet. Had a little energy left so I got the interior done as well. Looks pretty good.

What doesn't look good are the rims. They are so beat up. The were when I bought it last fall.

post #54 of 102 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC06 View Post
Well, I washed and clayed. Claying does help. I polished a small area and it didn't look like it was doing much so I just did 2 coats of wax. Car looks great - especially from about 10 feet. Had a little energy left so I got the interior done as well. Looks pretty good.

What doesn't look good are the rims. They are so beat up. The were when I bought it last fall.
I find that after I polish a car kit looks kind of dull until I apply a couple of coats of wax. I always figured it was because the polish stripped off the wax.

2006 GT Convertible, Regency Conversion, Satin Silver, Powerstop pads and rotors, Pypes Violators, shiny interior trim bits, alloy/ dead pedals.
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by standingwave View Post
I find that after I polish a car kit looks kind of dull until I apply a couple of coats of wax. I always figured it was because the polish stripped off the wax.
Sounds about right - polishing compounds are really just very fine abrasives of some sort.

Norm
standingwave likes this.

'08 GT coupe, 5M, wheels, tires, pads, fluid, a few suspension mods . . . still almost stock height
'19 WRX, 6M (hers)
'01 Maxima 20AE, 5M (spare, winter driver)
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Got my hands on the metal/mirror chrome replacement AC vents yesterday.
Put them on today, so happy to finally have swapped out the cheesy factory plastic AC vents.

Cost more than my ceramic headers did back in the day lol, but worth having that mirror reflection look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chromemirrorvents.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	318.4 KB
ID:	515282   Click image for larger version

Name:	chromemirrorvents2.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	515290  

2006 Aerodynamics Prior Design Racing 4.0 S197
*APDR Conversion (Body & Engine Bay)* -FR Transmission Swap- *Auburrn Gear HP Series LSD* -FR 4.10 Gears- *Cervini Type IV RAS* -Bama X4/SF4- *FR One Piece Driveshaft* -FR Ceramic Headers- *Custom MPC 12C "Hidden" Concept Exhaust* -
Z26 Brake Kit- *Steeda & SR Adjustable Control Arms* -HID CCFL Headlights/Gen 5 LED Tailights- ETC
PONY Member

Garage
Those look nice! Where did you get them? Hard to install?
Apprentice

Garage
Installed Ford Racing Shorty Headers (got them for next to nothing otherwise wouldn't have done it) Pypes off road H-pipe and Bassani Axle backs. Sounds great!!! tried to upload a video but its an mp4 and won't let me.

Mine-06 Mustang GT Convertible
Sons-99 Mustang GT
Rookie

Garage
I fixed the vinyl pleather door insert that I knew would eventually come off on the drivers side. I used the method with the contact cement from WalMart and a sponge brush I read here on these forums. I'll know tomorrow how will it went but seemed ok so far.
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC06 View Post
Those look nice! Where did you get them? Hard to install?
I had to do alot of searching for a legitimate seller of them, since either they've been discontinued or are in limited supply. The installation was straight forward, completely replaces the stock plastic vents & rings.

2006 Aerodynamics Prior Design Racing 4.0 S197
*APDR Conversion (Body & Engine Bay)* -FR Transmission Swap- *Auburrn Gear HP Series LSD* -FR 4.10 Gears- *Cervini Type IV RAS* -Bama X4/SF4- *FR One Piece Driveshaft* -FR Ceramic Headers- *Custom MPC 12C "Hidden" Concept Exhaust* -
Z26 Brake Kit- *Steeda & SR Adjustable Control Arms* -HID CCFL Headlights/Gen 5 LED Tailights- ETC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page