Help passing emissions.... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Help passing emissions....

I have a 2007 gt (see below for mods) and I have been trying to pass emissions for a long time. Keep getting the p1000 code. I dont get much time to drive my car around but was able to Get 160 miles on it in the past week. I figuried that would be good to clear it but I keep getting the Evap system test incomplete. Brought the car to Ford and they said they couldn't even get the Evap test to run and to work with the tuner (bama). They said the tune was blocking the Evap test. I called bama and they said put the stock tune back on and drive the car until the test complete. This didn't make sense to me as I have a jlt cai and that requires a tune. Also have long tube headers and cated h pipe. So I retuned to stock just to see what would happen and drove the car 60 miles and now get p0171 and p0174 system too lean. Called bama back and they said oh just clear the codes and go to emissions and it should pass. I know that won't work. The car won't pass with p1000 and you can't just clear that code. Unfortunately I trashed my old stock air intake years ago. I'm thinking I need to get a stock air intake and I hope that will clear the p0171 and p0174. Anyone know a good place I can get a stock air intake? My temp registration expires June 2nd so looks like I will need to wait 3 hours at the dmv once again to get another 20 day temp reg. Can't wait until this mess is over....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016
Apprentice

Are you just talking to the first person that answers the phone at Bama about your tune? You should ask to talk to a lead tuner. This should be something they can fix without having to revert back to the stock tune and airbox. If you need a stock intake I think I still have mine laying around somewhere if you want to try and work something out.

2009 GT - Eibach Pro Kit Springs & front and rear sway bars | Tokico D-Spec | BMR panhard | Steeda control arms | ARH LT's w/ catted H | Borla ATAK | 2.3L Whipple | To Install - Mcleod RXT & Flywheel | DivisionX return style fuel system | ID1000 | Yet to Buy - Back to the drawing board...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scupking View Post
. . . . Keep getting the p1000 code. . . . Evap system test incomplete. Brought the car to Ford and they said they couldn't even get the Evap test to run and to work with the tuner (bama). They said the tune was blocking the Evap test. ....
I am not sure what that code is; I guess it is "Evap test incomplete" from your post; but I think the answer is simple: that sensor is turned off in the tune. Like Stella said, call Bama and ask to speak to a lead tuner; or PM the American Muscle guy on here. They should be able to give you a tune that will pass.

PS -- are you in Enfield, CT? I am in Massachusetts; I think our inspections are very similar; and my car does pass with Bama tune. But I did have to get it fixed way back at the beginning; there was something about supressing some codes during the drive cycle that won't pass emissions . . . sounds like it might be similar . . . anyway, again, they should be able to give you a tune that will work.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
I am not sure what that code is; I guess it is "Evap test incomplete" from your post; but I think the answer is simple: that sensor is turned off in the tune. Like Stella said, call Bama and ask to speak to a lead tuner; or PM the American Muscle guy on here. They should be able to give you a tune that will pass.

PS -- are you in Enfield, CT? I am in Massachusetts; I think our inspections are very similar; and my car does pass with Bama tune. But I did have to get it fixed way back at the beginning; there was something about supressing some codes during the drive cycle that won't pass emissions . . . sounds like it might be similar . . . anyway, again, they should be able to give you a tune that will work.
Yup enfield ct. Who's the American Mucle guy on this? I never had issues passing with my old 01gt with long tubes and cams. This car has been a nightmare trying to pass.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

try AMDanBailer

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Can't u just use the stock tunes that came with the tuner? I know with my tuner, I have the stock ones, and the custom ones from Bama. Using the stock ones, I can program all my own options into the tune. Like intake manufacturer, and especially the option to keep the rear o2 sensors on. This is what I do every 2 years for my emissions. And I have full headers too. I do have my stock 08 airbox as well in the basement. Let me know if u need it.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016
GT Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Check your local CL, the stock intake, and other parts for that matter, come up all the time for relatively cheap. I hate to say it but find a different tuner as well, just my $.02. good luck
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by babelfish View Post
Can't u just use the stock tunes that came with the tuner? I know with my tuner, I have the stock ones, and the custom ones from Bama. Using the stock ones, I can program all my own options into the tune. Like intake manufacturer, and especially the option to keep the rear o2 sensors on. This is what I do every 2 years for my emissions. And I have full headers too. I do have my stock 08 airbox as well in the basement. Let me know if u need it.
Didn't think I could mess with the tune. I will have to check. I will also let you know about the airbox. Would an exhaust leak cause the evap test not to run?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I wouldn't think an exhaust leak would cause a p1000 code.
Apprentice

excerpts from another forum.

Conditions for Meeting a Cold Start
• The ignition voltage between 11-18 volts.
• The barometric pressure (BARO) is more than 75 kPa.
• The start-up engine coolant temperature (ECT) is between 4-30°C (39-86°F).
• The start-up intake air temperature (IAT) is between 4-30°C (39-86°F).
• The difference between the IAT and the ECT is less than or equal to 6°C (10.8°F)
• The ambient air temperature is between 4-30°C (39-86°F).
• Fuel level is between 15-85 percent
• Without RPO LMG--The fuel alcohol content is less than 15 percent.
• With RPO LMG--The fuel alcohol content is less than 87 percent.

12. Continue to drive the vehicle for at least 5.5 miles between 45-112 km/h (28-70 mph) with the vehicle reaching at least 80 km/h (50 mph).
13. Release the accelerator pedal for at least 2 seconds. This will allow the vehicle to enter decel fuel cut-off.
14. Depress the accelerator pedal until the TP Sensor angle is increased 3-20 percent and maintain a safe speed for 1 minute.
15. Safely stop the vehicle, with the engine in drive for automatic or in neutral with the clutch pedal depressed and parking brake applied for manual, idle for 2 minutes.
16. Shift to Park for automatic and apply the parking brake, or neutral and release clutch pedal for manual.

Important: Do NOT disturb the vehicle or turn ON the ignition until told to do so. Disturbing the vehicle may invalidate this portion of the test.

17. Turn OFF the ignition and exit the vehicle. Do NOT disturb the vehicle for 45 minutes.
18. Observe the Inspection/Maintenance (I/M) System Status with a scan tool. All of the I/M System Status indicators should display YES.
⇒ If the EVAP I/M System Status indicator displays NO turn OFF the ignition for 17 hours, ensure that the vehicle meets the conditions for a cold start, and repeat steps 12-18 six more times, or until the EVAP I/M System Status indicator transitions to YES. If the indicator continues to display NO, refer to the Inspection/Maintenance (I/M) System DTC Table to identify the DTCs that did not run. Follow the Conditions for Running the DTC in order to set the EVAP I/M System Status indicator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page