Xcharger Supercharger or Turbocharger? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

I'm slowly leaning towards just getting the Xcharger. I don't want a rear mounted turbo kit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosGonz View Post
I'm slowly leaning towards just getting the Xcharger. I don't want a rear mounted turbo kit.
I hear ya i really like the xcharger i dont like the sts rear mount turbo set up. The turbo i am getting is front mount.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Which one is the one you're getting?
WarPony40 likes this.

Apprentice

Quote:
Which one is the one you're getting?
I am going with a single turbo front mount complete kit with everything i need. For 3200 from mrt performance. And with that i am good with the precision turbo that comes with the kit.

Rookie

i was looking for more info too on turbo,so,if i could bother,i wish to ask one thing..i've seen the precision turbo entry level on their web site..the 4831B MFS..it's a cheap one and it fits my power needs..but i wish to know about all the extra stuff that i need for put it on my v6,and some sort of price,if someone could tell me..
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeskV6 View Post
i was looking for more info too on turbo,so,if i could bother,i wish to ask one thing..i've seen the precision turbo entry level on their web site..the 4831B MFS..it's a cheap one and it fits my power needs..but i wish to know about all the extra stuff that i need for put it on my v6,and some sort of price,if someone could tell me..
See i thought about that to and as long as i Match the flange on my turbo manifold i could use any turbo you dont have to use the precision turbo you could buy the kit and sell the turbo and get a better turbo like borg warner or greddy there is a lot out there and different types of turbos from journal ball bearing and. Standard turbos. Honestly i am going to just use the precision turbo that comes with it for awhile then spend the extra cash for a t3/t4 v band ball bearing turbo.

CeskV6 likes this.
Apprentice

O yeah the kit from mrt is 3200 for a complete kit. I was going to just piece a turbo kit together but finding a turbo manifold is not easy for a 4.0 v6 so far all i came across is it has to be custom so when mrt said they have a custom turbo manifold but only would sell in a kit i said hell yeah then i could always switch out the turbo later. But depending on how much boost you want to run the 4.0 v6 is an cast iron block it can handle a lot of pressure so about 12 psi they said is ok to run on stock internals anything more then that you have to change out a few more other parts to handle the pressure.

CeskV6 likes this.
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

I'm assuming this is something you have to call them to ask about and it's not on their website.
Apprentice

Quote:
I'm assuming this is something you have to call them to ask about and it's not on their website.
Correct. That's exactly what i had to do. You could call them or email them.

post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

They wouldn't happen to have a picture of their kit would they?
Apprentice

They didn't send me one. I didn't ask them for one though

post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yeah I would like to know what it looks like to kind of gauge which route I want to take
Apprentice

I put an X-Charger on my 2009 4.0 almost a year ago. I'd sure recommend one if you want street performance and instant torque at any RPM. It just feels like a much bigger engine now, and I'm so glad I got my X!

WarPony40 likes this.

Vista Blue 2009 V6 Premium w/Pony Package, X-Charger Xtreme #276
Auto, Custom duals, GT500 8.8 w/3.73 gears, Shaftmasters driveshaft, Konis, GT brakes, Roush rear springs, and various interior/exterior upgrades
48 states road tripping in my Pony...
Apprentice

And the X-Charger looks pretty nice under the hood, too.

WarPony40 likes this.

Vista Blue 2009 V6 Premium w/Pony Package, X-Charger Xtreme #276
Auto, Custom duals, GT500 8.8 w/3.73 gears, Shaftmasters driveshaft, Konis, GT brakes, Roush rear springs, and various interior/exterior upgrades
48 states road tripping in my Pony...
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yeah I decided to get an Xcharger, talked to Dave on the phone and got some good info on the kit and the history on how he started his company and decided to go with the xcharger.

VistaBlue09 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page