Mustang 2010v6 Starting problem... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Mustang 2010v6 Starting problem...

My mustang 10v6 having issues in starting early in the morning or anytime i start it after a long gap of time. When i crank it it starts immediately but after some seconds it behaves like its running out of fuel. my fuel tank is always at full! Then later it shows a wrench light on speedometer. If i dont put my foot on gas pedal its dieing after a while. This usually happens quite often nowadays with me. I have recently changed engine oil+transmission oil+filters last month. Have changed spark plugs+airfilter 1.5weeks before. I dont know what else should i replace. Car is at 81k now & out of warranty. I am from United Arab Emirate (Abu Dhabi).....any usefull advice is appreciated also if anyone cud suggest good tuner for Mustangs here in Abu dhabi. It wud be a great help. Thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...limp-mode.html
Sounds like you may have the same problem as these guys.
You also didn't mention anything about changing the fuel filter. It would probably be a good idea if you haven't. Who knows, maybe you'll be the first person to have your problem resolved by putting in a new filter. Lol

08 GT 5spd
Spectra CAI, Comp Cam Detroit Rockers, Kooks headers w/catted H-pipe, Revolution Automotive dyno tuned, FB430 race mufflers, 3.55s, JLT catch can, BMR Lca's and relo brackets. Prothane motor mounts and sway bar bushings.
20% tint, smoked markers and tail lights w/sequentials. Clear front signal covers, series 3 chin spoiler.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017
PONY Member

Garage
Suggest that you invest in a obdII code reader. If you already have one, disregard my suggestion. It will help with your diagnosis of problems, and is relatively inexpensive. I purchased mine on Amazon for around $35 US dollars. I've seen them on Ebay for around $15 and up.
Good luck with your diagnosis.

2006 GT, Strut Tower Brace, Gas Hood Struts, FR Intake Plenum cover, Metal Fuse Box cover, Moroso brake reservoir cover, Rear shock tower brace, Front Bumper Lip Spoiler, JVC DVD Head unit w/ back-up camera, satellite Radio and USB input, 2 - 12" sub-woofers, 4 - 6"x8" speakers, 2 - 6.5" speakers to replace the door subs, 3 amplifiers, LED lights under the hood and in the trunk, chrome e-handle on parking brake handle, chrome cup holder trim, and trunk lid cover with running pony emblem.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thankx. but yes i didn't think about to change the fuel filter. i will probably go to the mechanic later in evening. but just as per some suggestion from the various people. (i have cleaned the entire throttle body last night even the air flow sensor. it was dirty so cleaned that also but still in the morning no such luck)ive noticed this morning more accurately when the car is dead cold its not starting or just got start & dead on same time, but once the car is hot (when temperature needle is in middle) it runs smooth idle (no jerk no nothing)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

@hub im thinking to buy (Professional Diagnostic Tool OBD2 OBD-II ELM327 V1.5 Bluetooth Car Diagnostic Interface Scanner K341) its cheap & connect via bluetooth. but im not sure if it will work on my car?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017
PONY Member

Garage
I have a elm 327 as a backup to my plug in model. It works with the Bluetooth on my cell phone, using an application from my application store. I have seen lots of reviews where folks complain that they don't work with their Ford vehicles. Suggest that you read the reviews prior to purchasing. Also, if you order from Amazon.com, you can return it without a problem if you have Amazon Prime.

2006 GT, Strut Tower Brace, Gas Hood Struts, FR Intake Plenum cover, Metal Fuse Box cover, Moroso brake reservoir cover, Rear shock tower brace, Front Bumper Lip Spoiler, JVC DVD Head unit w/ back-up camera, satellite Radio and USB input, 2 - 12" sub-woofers, 4 - 6"x8" speakers, 2 - 6.5" speakers to replace the door subs, 3 amplifiers, LED lights under the hood and in the trunk, chrome e-handle on parking brake handle, chrome cup holder trim, and trunk lid cover with running pony emblem.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

I finally figured out the problem it is due to bad & clogged IAC so i cleaned it with throttle Spray, i also then clean MAF & entire throttle body. now the Stang is starting on half key. (thank God)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page