Turn Signal Noise Issue - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Turn Signal Noise Issue

A few days ago the 5 (or so) beeps that chime when you turn the car on, and the turn signal chimes started sounding very odd. They are a very high pitched chime noise instead of the normal lower pitched chime they usually make. Has anyone ever heard of this?

I can't find anything at all doing a google search, and the guys at O'Reillys had no idea at all. I'm not a car tech savvy guy so I have no idea where to begin on looking for the issue.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm hoping it's not a serious issue. I have no check engine or warning lights of any kind coming on.

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018
GT Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Garage
please search my recent threads about the SJB. good luck

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl817 View Post
please search my recent threads about the SJB. good luck
Ok - will take a look at the SJB and see if I notice anything; although I'm not having any of the issues that everyone else seems to have with their electronics that stems from the SJB. Just the noise issue.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018
Rookie
S197 Member

Garage
What's up man,

I have a 09 that has had every kind of electrical issue you can imagine. I'm sure you probably checked this first, but last time my car did that, the battery was short on juice. Try hitting the lock button on your key fob twice and see how the horn sounds when it locks up. If it's higher pitched, or just weaker than normal, my bet is the battery is not full or you have a drain on it. On the other hand, bl817 could also be right; the Smart Junction Box is responsible for a lot of stuff like that. If the issue is the SJB, I'd take it to a pro.. I'm by no means a electrical expert, but I'm also not a complete idiot. However, messing with the SJB was way over my head.

Another thing that might help diagnose the problem: have you done any electrical work recently? Like installed a sound system, head unit, wired fog lights? The reason I asked is because in my younger and more foolish days I wired my stereo in as always hot and essentially it never turned off, even when the car was off. It sucked the battery dry in a matter of 2-3 days without fail, and the chime and horn did the exact same thing yours is doing before the battery fully died.

Anyhow, hope this helps you out!!
Good luck!
-Rob

09 Mustang 4.0. Too much to write down. Looks and sounds like a GT500 for half the cost and a quarter of the horsepower!! Currently working on a junkyard turbo build and an 8.8 rear end swap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page