Headlights and Pony Package Fog Lights(07 v6)? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thumbs up Headlights and Pony Package Fog Lights(07 v6)?

I want to upgrade my lights to that white led color. I found some bulbs on amazon that I want to purchase but I'm not sure if they're compatible and simply plug and play. The headlight bulbs I'm looking at are these: https://www.amazon.com/XENTEC-5000K-...00FBKWNN6?th=1. And the fog light bulbs are these: https://www.amazon.com/OPT7-5000K-Br...00SZK26T0?th=1. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018
PONY Member

Garage
Amazon should have a "Make sure it fits" pop up. The bulb at this link looks more plug and play than the other -https://www.amazon.com/OPT7-5000K-Br...00SZK26T0?th=1
I would read the many reviews for both bulbs, before I purchased them. I used the bulbs I referenced on my 2007 V6. I didn't like the way they performed, and returned to stock after several weeks.

2006 GT, Strut Tower Brace, Gas Hood Struts, FR Intake Plenum cover, Metal Fuse Box cover, Moroso brake reservoir cover, Rear shock tower brace, Front Bumper Lip Spoiler, JVC DVD Head unit w/ back-up camera, satellite Radio and USB input, 2 - 12" sub-woofers, 4 - 6"x8" speakers, 2 - 6.5" speakers to replace the door subs, 3 amplifiers, LED lights under the hood and in the trunk, chrome e-handle on parking brake handle, chrome cup holder trim, and trunk lid cover with running pony emblem.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rummay View Post
I want to upgrade my lights to that white led color. I found some bulbs on amazon that I want to purchase but I'm not sure if they're compatible and simply plug and play. The headlight bulbs I'm looking at are these: https://www.amazon.com/XENTEC-5000K-...00FBKWNN6?th=1. And the fog light bulbs are these: https://www.amazon.com/OPT7-5000K-Br...00SZK26T0?th=1. Thanks.
Don't waste your money on the ones for the headlamps, I tried them they suck.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018
Rookie
S197 Member

Garage
What's up!

As the two other guys stated, those Xentec HID kits are pretty cheaply made. They come with basically no instruction, and the kits I bought didn't come with a headlight harness plug that is unique to your car. Instead, it has 3 small leads that they expect you to just stick into your headlight harness and pray they don't fall out while you are driving. I did find out that you can get a harness plug at autozone/oreilly/advance to lock the three leads into place, and it actually works pretty well. I've had three sets of Xentec HID's, and it honestly just depends on which box they send you. My first set lasted me almost three years, second set two months and I've had my third set in for about a year now. They are extremely temperamental. Just a slight bump can knock the ballast the wrong way and bam, out go your lights. Also, the bulbs seem VERY fragile to me, even moreso than halogens.

NONETHELESS: I made the decision to buy these because they are $40 a pop. I figured I could have at least 5 sets before it added up to what a high end kit would have cost. When they work, the Xentecs are crazy bright. So if you're willing to have to reposition ballasts every month and a half (and potentially by another $40 kit in 9 months), I'd say go for it.

Good Luck!!
-Rob

09 Mustang 4.0. Too much to write down. Looks and sounds like a GT500 for half the cost and a quarter of the horsepower!! Currently working on a junkyard turbo build and an 8.8 rear end swap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page