• 1 Post By ThaRobFather

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

Garage
Starter/possible ground issue. Help!

What's up everybody.

I was busy messing with some audio stuff today and unfortunately ran into an issue. I got everything installed correctly, and went to reconnect the battery to test it all out. All good and everything was solid. I then decided to test out a couple old lights i was planning on wiring up. I just used some clamp wires to test then, but one of the clamps popped off the positive light terminal landed right on the negative battery terminal. Of course it sparked and the lights died, etc.

NOW FOR THE PROBLEM. The interior lights arent coming on when the doors are open, car wont start, radio wont come on. I checked the fuses and theyre all good. I BET that its a ground issue, but Im not exactly sure where to start looking. If anyone has an idea of where to start or if you think Im an idiot and its not a ground issue, any help is appreciated

Thanks guys!
-Rob

09 Mustang 4.0. Too much to write down. Looks and sounds like a GT500 for half the cost and a quarter of the horsepower!! Currently working on a junkyard turbo build and an 8.8 rear end swap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018
GT Member

Keep thoroughly checking fuses.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018
Apprentice

I highly doubt it is a ground problem. Did you check the fuses in the SJB? Thats why they tell you to disconnect the battery, any time you work on the electrical system. Accidents happen.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

Garage
@s197gt and @hobojack thank you guys so much for the replies. Turns out I lucked out and the problem had the simplest of solutions. I tested the battery and it just so happens that it was almost completely dead. I guess it was just a coincidence that it died right after I was testing out the lights and messing around with the car. I guess the negative to positive touching actually had nothing to do with it at all. I recharged it tonight and the car fired right up. Talk about feeling like a complete [email protected]$$.

SO KIDS MORAL TO THE STORY IS ALWAYS TEST THE EASY SOLUTIONS FIRST BECAUSE I LOOKED FOR BLOWN FUSES AND BAD GROUNDS FOR A WEEK ONLY TO FIND THAT MY DEAD BATTERY WAS THE CULPRIT!!!

Once again, thanks for the replies anyways guys!
-Rob
s197gt likes this.

09 Mustang 4.0. Too much to write down. Looks and sounds like a GT500 for half the cost and a quarter of the horsepower!! Currently working on a junkyard turbo build and an 8.8 rear end swap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page